Posts by Savage

Ok So after several test on memory here is what Ive seen.

Test 1. No Kills/Loot- Woods. All Mods enabled. Ran straight to extract and stayed in raid for 10 minutes and some change. No crash but watched memory jump up to 4,600+ and continue climbing

Test 2. Killed AI/Looted-Woods.-All Mods Did not affect memory however memory continued to climb unless in the pause menu. In raid 12 minutes, No crash Memory again reached up into the 4k range

Test 3: All but 1 mod enabled. Memory climbed but no crash

Test 4: All Mods disabled Still climbed. Exited out a few minutes in but didnt crash

Test 5: Tried Phasmophobia on steam and while memory went up in spots, it never climbed consecutively like Tarkov

While I can confirm this is a memory leak, Im sure, had I let the memory climb a bit more I could make it crash. I retract my comment earlier about no leak as that was only during the menu

Figured Id share what I did to save others the time incase they run into this trying to troubleshoot. While their could be more to this, it seems it is a memory leak but only seems to happen with tarkov

SPT-Aki CodePaste
    Visit this link to see the note. Giving the URL to anyone allows them to access the note, too.
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com

Update: Ive check viewer log and memory usage with the game running and I cannot detect any heavy usage or spike in memory, atleast from what I can see

What CPU did you upgrade to? "Can't Set Affinity" is an error that occurs when a process attempts to change CPU affinity to itself or another process and the CPU denies it. Try running it in administrator mode or even compatibility mode and see if the game still crashes. Also, have you tried playing without mods?

Try and see if you can also find any crash dumps in your AppData folder, from there you can see what caused the crash, which if I were to guess, is either something related to process affinity or just a classic Memory Access Violation.

Also I did try it without mods. Crashed on extract. Unfortunately running as admin did not solve it

Sorry for the late reply. Been without power. I'll provide the logs shortly when Im home

I upgraded from an I7-8700 to an i7-12700 as well as the motherboard. Z370 to Z690

I'm running 32gb of memory as well

I recently Upgraded my Motherboard and CPU. I then added my drive with SPT on it and when I load raids I have had 1 CTD during raid on shorline and 2 CTD on Woods/Shorline during extract. Log file shows Cant Set Affinity Code Error code 0. I never had a problem before my upgrade. I did try to uninstalL/reinstall SPT but no luck