Posts by Vengys

You people are truly impatient, can't just wait neither for AKI 3.8.0 or SVM 1.8.0 to arrive with all the things you want.
    There is no such field as `Round`, there is a field called `StackObjectsCount`, this is the one you need.

Its the same every time something new arrives, isnt it.

Sorry to interrupt you all, but i had some raiders on Reserve with disabled Donuts+Swag.
    I disabled the mod, before i hit "ready", so facing them down in the bunker was unexpected, because if I understand it right, D+S does overtake all the spawns from vanilla SPT and there shouldnt be any "guests", if this mod is off.
    Am I assuming right?

It said RaidTimeAdjustmentService so i assumed its got something to do with the raid times. But there is obviously a missunderstanding, so nevermind. 😅

You should mention to adjust the page file you should strictly follow the instructions on the Microsoft page. There is a walk through.

Because if you change it and you dont know, what you are exactly doing without any advice, you can still have breakdowns, because the page file is too big.

But yes, its a valid solution after all. It worked for me too.

As i said, the random crashes arent a particular eft problem, there are a lot of games with this issue and most of them are related to the RAM usage, respectivelly to the management of the virtual memory.

Second thing: before i come up with this solution, i would like to make sure, everything is fine system vice. Random crashes are mostly related to RAM, but its so vague, there can be a lot of other problems still.

Its like going to the doctor with a headache. There are thousands of illnesses with headache as a symptome.

Do you have an Antivirus running? Maybe making an except for the server ane client exe would help, since your PC has quite good stats and should handle the game quite easily.

What else you can do is, check your system files per commando prompt. Make sure you run it as admin. There are walkthroughs in the interweb.

Also you can check your RAM, Windows comes with a tool for that. There are walkthroughs for that too.

The occasional crashes arent just an EFT problem. In fact, many of the RAM-hungry games (like Cities Skylines e.g.) have that issue.

When you play, keep an eye on the performance tab of your task manager and see, how much of your RAM is been used, especially when you join a raid. I got 32gb myself, and with all my mods loaded i got like 12gb left, which gets lower during the raid, because (i think) of the spawning bots.

I cant help you with that.

Just wondered, if you have the right mod versions for your client.

What you also can do is, look for your errors in the general EFT forum, to make sure its not mod related. But then there seems to be something wrong and i would recommend to run the SFC via the commando prompt and test the RAM via the windows tool. It needs a restart and it takes some time, but its worth it.

The SFC just scans the system files and repairs them.

Vengys I already tried to use virtual memory, but the problem stayed the same. I saw no difference

Hm, thats odd. Maybe you can try to use the ingame RAM cleaner? I read in the Tarkov forum, hitting esc during the raid from time to time might be a solution for crashing.

That's true you could put it back to managed by system but you don't know what effect it could have on other people's systems. It might work for you but for others it could cause significant problems. On my old computer I changed my paging file size not knowing properly what to do and it totally fk'd everything up for me so it's a bit of a 50/50 whether or not it'll work.

Thats true, i dont deny that. Thats why i linked the Microsoft page. There might also be more than one solution for the allocate virtual memory error and i think, since its a Windows related issue, the MS page is the place to go.

Nvm, it didnt work. Just tried to be helpful.

I personally wouldn't recommend doing this unless you know what you are doing. Extending the page file for your system can potentially cause issues with Windows and your programs on your computer, mainly with files and logs.

Even BSG acknowledged that changing the paging file size can induce issues later on not just for Tarkov, but for Windows and other programs. Do as you wish but be careful of the effects it can have on your system.

I think it says roughly that too on the MS page. You can always put it back to managed by system, so in the end, the risk should be minor.

Its also a common problem in games which needs a huge amount of RAM, like I found this solution in a Cities Skylines forum, where they got literally the same error message, after loading like 15 mods and thousands of assets.

I haven't ever experienced that and never had it reported it to me. It's likely an issue on your end due to wrong SPT/EFT version, conflicting mods or pirated version of SPT/EFT. If that is not the case then disable the deafening mechanic and headset changes.

I will definitely try that, because i also got sound locks, sometimes dont even hear the scavs shouting. I doubt, its your mod, sound in Tarkov is always a bit unpredictable.

So finally i was able to turn the perfhelper off and did a few raids. 2 Solos went like butter, but the third one with guests and mods at full throttle ended in a pretty desaster.
    This time i got a error message though "VirtualAlloc remapping failed".
    After some research i found, i should press ESC during the raid, to allow EFTs own RAM cleaner to do its job.
    It seems this cant be fixed really, because EFT is RAM-hungry like a beast.
    Its 2:45am here and i am heading to bed.
    I hope i can do more testing tomorrow. But finally i got something to work with. Didnt expect 32gb of RAM not being enough for this.

Update I: I got it, it seems to be a too small page file, which makes sence in this case. I enlarged it to 48gb and got no crashes so far in two raids with guests. Seems to be solved.

I have seen that afterwards too. I will find out, its possible i got more than one problem here. 😅

But I am actually quite hopeful that this dll is the source of all evil. That optimizing could cause trouble isnt just an EFT problem.

And the mods are just so good, i actually was sad, when i thought its because of the bot changing mods and had to delete them.

It also makes sence in another way: i wasnt able to reproduce the crash in any form (thats what i tried the whole weekend), it just happens. And that could very well be an optimizing process in the background.

I wanted to answer earlier, i tested the whole weekendand was literally too shattered yesterday night to produce a decent answer. 😅

Thanks a lot for that walkthrough, thats a thing i didnt do so far. Will try that tonight when i am home.

So far i assume it has something to do with drakias waypoints, so i got rid of it and the mods that change bot behaviors and everything is fine now.

Maybe the event viewer will bring different results, ill give it a try tonight with the whole bunch of mods i normally want to use (SAIN and Realism are just awesome, tbh).

So there will be another report from me to let you know if it helped.

Edit I: Do you happen to know, what the perfhelper.dll does?

Its a bit time since, but there are several tarkovskis here having that issue and as far as i testes it, it has definetly something to with bot behavior changing mods. I assume, its drakias waypoints, but i cant get really on through it.

So i threw all that bot enhancing mods away (i used Realism, SAIN, Questing and Looting bots in combination with Bigbrain and Waypoints if that helps) and its working. Sometimes i cant extract from raids, but i got that issue from the very beginning, i think, thats just me interrupting the extract process with tabbing outta the game. 😅

Edit I: the RAM usage sounds familiar, so that should be fine.

I also tested my RAM yesterday and made a SFC scan, to make sure, everything is ok.