AKI will not load after updating Live to 12.11.7.xxxxx

• We need to wait until there is a new downgrade patcher available bud, my game won't load now because I updated my Live Tarkov even though my games are in different locations so I'm a little confused about this. Hopefully a new patcher gets released today.

Roach

• correction, the issue only appears on SPT after you launch EFT at least once after updating it, if you update it and don't launch it, everything works, also opening the BSG launcher doesn't break SPT, it's really only when you launch EFT

• I'm not so sure about that bud, I tried launching SPT before updating Live EFT it didn't work and then I tried launching SPT after updating and it still doesn't work, I have no idea why this is happening my game was working fine until this morning

Roach

• well, what i said is what's happening on my end, i probably updated the game in a different way from you though idk if it has an effect but it shouldn't

i downloaded the zip directly from the cdn link and replaced the files on the install directory instead of letting the launcher do it (the launcher takes too much time to download the files)

• I'm not doubting what you said mate I'm just confused why this is happening that's all, have you enabled auto update on the EFT launcher? I always double check to see if it keeps changing it and sometimes it does before and after an update that's very annoying.

The zip file for the downgrade patcher or AKI?

Roach

• no, the zip file from the BSG CDN server (the same files the bsg launcher downloads for the update), a moderator posted it on the EFT official discord, and i just downloaded from there instead of the launcher because the launcher takes too much time to download the update, it took me like 7 minutes this way instead of infinity

i would post the link here, but i don't think i'm allowed to do so even though i obtained it through legitimate ways (they literally gave it out on their discord).

• Devs know and working on it. Force of habit to update Live as soon as possible to make a catalog of EFT versions in case AKI drops a new release or BE release. Now I will add, backing up Live version just in case Live causes future issue with AKI.

• We need to wait until there is a new downgrade patcher available bud, my game won't load now because I updated my Live Tarkov even though my games are in different locations so I'm a little confused about this. Hopefully a new patcher gets released today.

Plus 1. I just assumed it was safe to update live EFT and carry on with my single player experience too seeing as they are separate from one another. Hopefully they drop a new patcher soon =)

• We don't need a downgrade patcher. The Live update caused an issue with existing AKI installs. I found an old install of EFT Live on another PC so deleted 12.11.7.xxxxx Live and replaced with older EFT Live version and AKI works again. If you don't have a backup of a known working install of Live EFT before today's update, then you have to wait for the devs to either release a fix or release a new version.

• We don't need a downgrade patcher. The Live update caused an issue with existing AKI installs. I found an old install of EFT Live on another PC so deleted 12.11.7.xxxxx Live and replaced with older EFT Live version and AKI works again. If you don't have a backup of a known working install of Live EFT before today's update, then you have to wait for the devs to either release a fix or release a new version.

NugentGL, You're an absolute legend!! I do have a backup of the last working EFT live folder. However, I thought that I'd need a copy of that and the launcher folder. I just replaced the latest EFT with my saved backup folder and I'm back in.

:) Many thanks :)

• I can only guess that some code in EFT (at least in the version we are using) is hard coded to check the original install location for certain data files, regardless of the actual location we are using for our separate installation. Since the new version now runs on Unity 2019, there seems to be some sort of conflict now where the old version cannot load the new version's files.

I renamed the new EFT installation folder to EFT.live and copied the separate copy I kept for AKI into EFT (deleting the AKI-specific stuff) and it seems to work fine now for me as well.

• yes its the old version of unity that is causing this issue, unity 2019 fixed a bug that caused any build of a game (development version or not, was intended for dev builds only) to have that file (its used for debugging afaik), the engine/game uses the original path it was installed into the get that file, the latest version of EFT does not contain this file and even deletes it, so we are looking into it, we don't want people messing with the Live folder so hold off doing anything for now

PLEASE DON'T DM ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS I ASK YOU TO, I WILL NOT ANSWER THEM.

I DO NOW HAVE THE POWER TO BONK SO DON'T DO THE ABOVE!

WEEWOO :kekw:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!