Lost items in sorting table

• Server version
    Game client version
    0.12.11.15261 (I hope I put the right thing. I got it from "file version" under the information tab in the Tarkov exe file in the SPT-AKI folder)
    Client log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?edfd9…SHFETACzQbt27xWvHMGExEyyw
    Server log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?26dcb…2heetzVnSNdM5v8U5fMapYKHn
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    https://www.escapefromtarkov.com
    List of used mods
    None

Hello. I really hope I'm doing all of this right. I couldn't find anywhere else to ask for help with this, but it is a bug-related issue. So, what happened is that my last raid was a scav run where upon moving the gathered items to the stash I decided to use the sorting table to fit the backpack I got from the raid, and when I did so I moved 2 AVS rigs full of important items into the backpack in the sorting table, but before putting the backpack with said rigs back into my stash I somehow closed the sorting table. Normally that doesn't work, as it won't let you close it when it still has items in it, but I suppose it doesn't work well with scav runs, so it did close, and when I reopened it it was empty. So, I lost both my rigs. I finished the scav item extraction and restarted the game, but my stash still had a gaping void where my treasured loot used to be, and the sorting table remains empty. I got no error messages or anything.

Is there any way I could possibly have my items restored, like perhaps resetting the game to before the last raid or something? I have not played any further raids since this happened, and I have not put any items where the rigs used to be (although I might have moved a few through it).

I don't know the first thing about programming, so if there's nothing that can be done about an issue like this, I'm sorry. I just had to ask out of desperation, because losing this stuff is making me want to quit, and Tarkov is the only thing keeping me alive right now, so I'm at the end of the rope here. Please help me if possible, and if you can't it's okay, I just need to know that I did everything I could before I can be ready to find a way to try to live with what happened. And I'm awfully sorry if I did anything wrong by making this thread, I tried to put all the information you needed.
    Last second edit: I had failed to find the error logs, but before sending I checked again and found it, and when I had a quick peek inside before uploading it I saw a few text lines mentioning the backpack that vanished, which made my heart jump and give me a glimmer of hope. I really hope there's something that can be done. Only just being able to see what items were in the rigs would do so much, as it'd be easier to deal with the loss if I know what items I'm missing.

Thank you so much in advance.

• I would imagine the easiest way is to use an addon like this

to manually add the items to your stash. You can't put items inside rigs or backpacks with this, but you can add any item in the game to your stash with it. Hope it helps.

• I would imagine the easiest way is to use an addon like this

to manually add the items to your stash. You can't put items inside rigs or backpacks with this, but you can add any item in the game to your stash with it. Hope it helps.

Does it only let me add random items, or does it also somehow let me see the lost ones? Because one of the main issues is that I don't remember what was in the rigs, and if I did I could give up some roubles to buy a lot of them back and take the money loss instead (I play hardcore, which makes items more important and money less important as I can't normally buy anything) which would mean I'd have no use for that mod if all it does is give me free items.

• The mod would give you free items, yes, and would not allow you to see what was in the scav run you played, as far as I'm aware. You may be able to pore through your server logs and find which items you had, but I wouldn't know how to go about that really.

If you are unable to determine the items you looted from looking through your server logs, your best bet would probably be using the mod I linked and adding the items you said were important to your stash and going from there. I also recommend tempering your expectations for an unofficial mod for a single-player version of a multiplayer game; bugs such as the one like you experienced will happen, as not only is live EFT buggy itself, but a modification such as this which doesn't use official server code will be even more buggy.

I am more than happy to answer any more questions you have, as far as going through the logs, I've never done this myself and it would probably require a lot of work. There's always the next scav run and the next raid, it's a video game and sometimes shit happens. Gotta keep that in mind.

• In case you misunderstood me, it was items from my stash that I lost. I took my containers (rigs) out of the stash and put them into the sorting table while clearing out the scav, and then they vanished. I got all my stuff from the scav, but lost a bunch of previously gathered items. As I'm gathering a lot of stuff I need for progress, losing a big amount of unknown ones is a huge hit to my playthrough and a total motivation killer. If there's a way to find out in the logs what was in the containers it would be really great, and the next best thing to having them restored.

I am well-aware that this modded version will have bugs and won't always be as complete as the main game, and I take full responsibility of the actions that lead to me losing the items, but it is an unexpected issue that is crushing me in ways others wouldn't. Dying in raid is expected, and issues with making the game run wouldn't impact my progress, but having things vanish from my stash is something out of left field that ruins the game in a way other things couldn't. So, as I'm desperate for a way to get through this, and this forum seems dedicated to helping with bugs, I took a shot and posted mine here in the hopes that anything at all can be done. From what you've told me so far, the logs seems to be my best hope for that.

So, where can I find the logs that might list the items I lost? Or would they only list items from the raid, not items that were in my stash previous to the raid?
    Also, thank you so much for your attempts to help so far, they're greatly appreciated.

• I tried looking through the logs you posted (couldn't look at the modules log because you added extra text to the field) but I couldn't see anything about items except for some errors in the client log. I am not familiar with the ins and outs of logs, but it doesn't look to me like there is anything in there about items you added to your stash.

You may wish to wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in, but in my fairly amateur opinion, you're probably boned.

• I noticed that it put my bit of text as part of the log, but it will only let me edit the actual text of the thread. I don't know anything about it all, but in the modules log it's just a list of things being enabled and loading requests being successful, and I'm guessing there'd be something else there if it had any helpful information for my issue.

I'll keep waiting for some expert before I give up all hope, but I will keep my expectations very low. Thank you.

• I'm 99% sure those items you see in the error logs are your lost items,

1x Hazard 4 Takedown sling backpack (Multicam)

1x UZRGM grenade fuze

1x Clin window cleaner

1x MRE ration pack

1x Analog thermometer
    1x Propital regenerative stimulant injector

not massively expensive, so that's good,

checking the sorting table currently, when using it in the stash of your PMC, when closing that window it puts the items into your stash, I'm assuming that is an issue with it being a "scav" inventory.

its up to you how you'd like to get those items back, buy em or get em in with the profile editor, prob easier with buying them tbh

PLEASE DON'T DM ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS I ASK YOU TO, I WILL NOT ANSWER THEM.

I DO NOW HAVE THE POWER TO BONK SO DON'T DO THE ABOVE!

WEEWOO :kekw:

• No, those were items I got from the scav run. I was moving them around to make room, as my stash is so full that I had barely 10 empty squares available for loot from the run. The items I lost were 2 full AVS rigs, so a total of 46 squares of items. I have managed to figure out what perhaps 20 squares of lost items were, but the rest remain a mystery. I'm actually fairly sure the items you listed from the log were the ones I discarded as there was no room in my stash for them, except for the Takedown backpack. When I was done with everything else I had that backpack and a Slick left, and I decided to open the sorting table to put rigs from my stash in to put them in the backpack and put it in their place in the stash, which is one of the main things the sorting table probably tends to be used for. So I put the two rigs into the Takedown while inside the sorting table, and then I was unsure about the exact space and making it fit were they were in the stash, and for some reason I closed the sorting table as I was attempting to do the exath math on the squares. I immediately reopened it and it was empty.

So, the list you mentioned are indeed items the game has swallowed, but what it doesn't mention is that inside the Takedown bag is 2 rigs full of items, including stuff like my few labs keycards and a tetriz. The game somehow considered them discarded when I foolishly closed the sorting table with them inside.

I assume there's no way I can see the contents of that Takedown bag from its time of deletion, or restore the item-filled rigs I put inside it?

Edit: Forgot to mention that I ended up discarding the Slick after the disappearing happened, as I didn't want to put it in the hole left in the stash in case it'd mess up my chances to restore the rigs, so I didn't even get the Slick for my trouble, and I'm guessing it's not showing up in the list as I didn't discard it and rather just left it on the scav's chest slot when I was done.

• One more thing of potential relevance: I tried putting an item in the sorting table while chilling in the stash now, and then closing it with the item inside, and when I did the item popped back out into my inventory.

• I'm thinking that there was no room in your stash for the items you lost from the sorting table, and as obviously aki does not run on the same servers as EFT, the functionality that warns you there's not enough room to toss the items back into your stash is not functional in aki, therefore it just trashed the items.

Let this be a lesson to everyone who reads this: Don't do a scav run with your stash rammed full of shit. Clean it up first.

• short answer: no there isnt a way to see them anymore.

they have been indeed swallowed up and spat into nothingness.

this would be a case of "ahh shit" this happened and don't do it again for now.

the sorting table itself seems to not work fully as intended and closing the window as you said on the scav transfer window makes items go bye-bye.

ill look into it more and add an issue report for a future release to look into.

there isn't anything else we can do about it, I'd suggest taking it on the chin, sorry

PLEASE DON'T DM ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS I ASK YOU TO, I WILL NOT ANSWER THEM.

I DO NOW HAVE THE POWER TO BONK SO DON'T DO THE ABOVE!

WEEWOO :kekw:

• I appreciate it a lot, guys, and I will indeed take the loss. And on second thought, adding in a few valuables I lost would make up for it a fair bit, but I'm not good with stuff like mods. If I manage to install the editor and successfully use it, will it change other things in my game or is it purely a tool for editing in items, and can it add them as found-in-raid, which is the most important thing here? Also, when I've added the few items I want, can I safely uninstall the mod and resume business as usual?

It's good that my mistake opens up a chance to have people avoid falling in the same trap in the future, as I don't want anyone else to have to go through this.

• The mod I linked is an exe you run with the aki server closed, and only changes things you explicitly change. You can safely add items to your stash without altering anything else about your experience.

As always, it's recommended you back up your /user/profiles folder before using any mods on a profile you care about. It's a separate program that you point to your aki folder, so you can safely delete it once you have restored your items.

• I did it successfully. The one thing the editor lacked was keys, so I couldn't get my labs keycards back, but I successfully restored other items I knew were missing, including a rare collector quest item, and if I later on realize I'm missing another important thing that was in the rigs I can add it in too. Thanks a million for all the help, you can close this thread now.

• The main point was the FIR, as 2 are needed FIR for a quest I'll get soon enough, otherwise I would've added in money to buy them back. It's alright though, it was just 2 of them and I have a 3rd, so it could be worse. Thanks a bunch though!

• CWX

Closed the thread.
  • CWX

Set the Label from In progress to Solved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!