Back to 12.11!

• Basuro added a new file:

In the update from 12.11 to 12.12, the AI received a massive buff, making the bots really hard (at least in my opinion), killing all the fun.

This mod changes the AI control values to what they were in 12.11. so they're not as crazy.

The PMC difficulties can only be controlled through the config/config.json file. The pre-raid selection does somehow not work for the PMC difficulty.

• Basuro added a new version:

Updated to include core difficulty settings and the bot presets from global config.

When updating, it's best to remove the old mod folder and install this version fresh (I changed the folder structure a little).

Playtested on Factory and feels much better.

• apparently your mod is not working. first game since new spt-aki, i always go factory first easy bots. game starts i see one guy, i fire one shot, 5 guys run towards me shoting while running and hitting every sible shot...laser aim bullets all straight even when i zig zag ... run lasted less than 2 minutes... so to me the mod doesn' work.

I really hope you can find a solution cause, now the game is close to unplayable

• I have to agree that currently doesn't work properly, during the server mod loading it says that the mod performed 613 changes in bot types, 0 in core and 25 in bot presets. I've done plenty scav factory runs to test it but the PMC AI just laser beams my face with MK18s. I've been able to kill a bunch of pmcs wallbanging them in office, trough doors or under the desk or i will get head, eyes by them.

Changed nothing in other mods that affects AI PMCs.

If any more info is needed, i'm available

• Yep. It seems the PMCs "brain" has been replaced with either the raider or rogue one. I'm looking on how to get them back to PMC. I got a few hints from the devs but not enough to go straight to the target, I need to test. Don't wanna bother the team for this.

Rest assured, I am testing. I want to play enjoyable raids, too ;)

Replaced bosstest.json (BEAR class) and test (USEC class) difficulty files with the files named bear and usec.

In my tests, it seemed to work. No more total laserbeaming, not completely full auto to head/eyes, but bursting shots to the whole body.

Please report your findings, I really hope this works :)

• Yyyyyyeah... Just got laserbeamed by a MOVING pmc on Customs, from behind the gas station while I was camped up on the rocks near the sniper outpost.

EDIT: Right... If I wanted to die after just two shots in the ARM, I'd be playing online ;D 1.1.0 somehow was more playable for me.

Edited once, last by ENDR ().

• i've had a look in the AI files, ain't understood shit so yeah, i feel you..

But i will start making changes and testing them so see which does what and help you in case i find something useful

• Trust me, I'm having a hard time getting the PMCs to work right (or even understanding how the configs interact with each other) ;)

Oh, I believe you. From what I heard, the PMCs in this build are basically a bit toned down Lighthouse rogues and even online people keep complaining on their laserbeamyness.

• I tried putting the scav AI into the PMCs. Now they're OK, maybe even a little weak.

I was hoping to restore the 12.11 PMC AI with this mod, but the changes to the game itself seem to ruin that undertaking, new ways the bots can think and such...

Tomorrow I'll add a few more features to the mod and release - I guess - the final version.

Added configurability through config/config.js:

* Difficulty

* Scav/Raider to PMC conversion rate

* USEC/BEAR ratio

* Ratio of same faction being hostile

• Heya Basuro, just wanted to let you know that 1.1.3 was working great for me. 1.1.4 however is giving me some trace errors when I try editing the config. Lemme see if I can find the log...

[ERROR] Trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined

at Function.clearString (C:\Users\mbyrd\Desktop\newtarkmods\obj\src\utils\HttpResponse.js:9:18)

at Function.noBody (C:\Users\mbyrd\Desktop\newtarkmods\obj\src\utils\HttpResponse.js:19:21)

at Object.getBotDifficulty [as aki] (C:\Users\mbyrd\Desktop\newtarkmods\obj\src\callbacks\BotCallbacks.js:19:29)

at Function.getResponse (C:\Users\mbyrd\Desktop\newtarkmods\obj\src\routers\HttpRouter.js:42:30)

at Function.sendResponse (C:\Users\mbyrd\Desktop\newtarkmods\obj\src\servers\HttpServer.js:149:33)

at Function.handleRequest (C:\Users\mbyrd\Desktop\newtarkmods\obj\src\servers\HttpServer.js:185:24)

at Server.<anonymous> (C:\Users\mbyrd\Desktop\newtarkmods\obj\src\servers\HttpServer.js:239:24)

at Server.emit (events.js:315:20)

at parserOnIncoming (_http_server.js:874:12)

at HTTPParser.parserOnHeadersComplete (_http_common.js:126:17)

[Client Request] /singleplayer/settings/bot/limit/assault

[Client Request] /singleplayer/settings/bot/limit/marksman

[Client Request] /client/game/bot/generate

[Client Request] /launcher/profile/info

Basically stuck on the "Deploying in 00:00:000" screen. The config file is Javascript I guess, the only way I can seem to open/edit it is with notepad. Am I doing something wrong there?

• Oh here's the config settings I'm trying to use btw in case you see something wrong here:

/* config.js

* license: NCSA

* copyright: Basuro

* author: Basuro

*/

"use strict";

module.exports = {

// Bot difficulty

// Choices:

// * "Easy"

// * "Medium"

// * "Hard"

// * "Impossible"

// * "AsOnline"

"difficulty": "Easy",

// Percentage of scavs being converted to PMC on spawn

// Value range: 0 - 100

"scavToPmcRate": 0,

// Percentage of raiders being converted to PMC on spawn

"raiderToPmcRate": 0,

// Percentage of PMC bots becoming USEC (rest becomes BEAR)

"usecRate": 50,

// Percentage of bots from your faction that are hostile towards you

"sameFactionHostileRate": 100

};

Fixed bot difficulty selection:

In the config, it stated the difficulty settings are "Easy", "Medium", "Hard", "Impossible" and "AsOnline". This was wrong.

The correct values are: "easy", "normal", "hard", "impossible" and "AsOnline".

This update fixes the comment in the config and the handling of the setting in the server.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!