SPT Realism Mod

• Well, I enabled "medchanges". Once it worked (surprisingly), and I've decided to check. Rebooted the server and tried again - there are still console errors. It's working like 50/50, somewhere is an error. Oh, and also, with disabled "medchanges" it can throw errors.

• Well, I enabled "medchanges". Once it worked (surprisingly), and I've decided to check. Rebooted the server and tried again - there are still console errors. It's working like 50/50, somewhere is an error. Oh, and also, with disabled "medchanges" it can throw errors.

I think there were two different issues going on at the same time, one was due to the custom medical items but there's another caused by weapon generation.

Could you please send me your config settings and a list of any other installed mods?

• So after combining a number of mods/fixes I finally landed on your mods (with most things turned off) tiered bot gear, combined with lua's extended bot spawnpoints and luas custom spawn points.

The combination feels very good, super dynamic spawn locations for bots, and players are tiered with me.

Still got wrecked by a pistoling.. but tarkov is going to tarkov.

Thanks so much for your help. I did end up doing the fix we mentioned above, but I thing there is more than that in the way of full support of POOP. :P

That's good to hear! Yeah POOP is a big mess to get working :D

• Thanks for the quick response! I'll download the new version.

Something I was wondering about - is it possible to have the makeshift medkits for sale by Therapist? I know we can craft them, but right now I don't have too much of the flea market unlocked to buy the ingredients and so I don't always have the ingredients.

E.g. Therapist sells 1 or 2 makeshift medkits per restock. This way, dying is not as punishing if you can't craft them yourself, but it doesn't make crafting them yourself obsolete.

Yeah I can do that, but in a way is not redundant because Therapist can heal you after a raid?

• Found the issue, if Rogues spawn with the tan SCAR-L magazine, it causes an error. No idea how or why, and the odds of it happening are very low actually. You have to be very unlucky for it to happen multiple times :D

Fixed for next version, and I'll reupload the mod with the fix.

Edit: I found more of the magazines in other bot files, I'll remove those and hope that fixes it ;(

Edited 2 times, last by Fontaine ().

• So question Fontaine, I am digging through the mod files and noticed both .ts/.js files.

Is that not redundant?

Can I just use one or the other?

Cheers.

(I'm writing a standalone version of the bots feature, if I feel it's polished enough I can send it your way if you want to publish it.)

• Server mods are written in .ts, and are compiled into .js for the server use. I appreciate the offer, but because the bot feature is in constant flux and in the future I'll be adding new features, I don't want the headache of maintaining two mods at the same time or have someone else upload it and maintain it. It's much easier for me to keep it in one mod so I can easily make the changes I need to. If it was a separate mod I'd also need to have two different config applications. You can disable everything except the bot config options and it would be the same thing as having it standalone (unless I forgot something), though I do get it's not as clean.

• I found that the simply turning off the settings left artifacts in the weapons stats, and likely elsewhere, but that was the most obvious.

Removing the .dll seems to have fixed that. I gutted the mod.ts/mod.js files and added a few more configs for more minimum difficulty settings (scavs/raiders/rogues/bears/usec).

I deleted all unused modules, all references not used in the db.

Will do some testing. Not expecting you to maintain it, just didn't want to publish myself (as it isn't my work I'm just gutting it lol). Figured others may make use of it. However you want/don't want that to occur is fine with me.

• I found that the simply turning off the settings left artifacts in the weapons stats, and likely elsewhere, but that was the most obvious.

Removing the .dll seems to have fixed that. I gutted the mod.ts/mod.js files and added a few more configs for more minimum difficulty settings (scavs/raiders/rogues/bears/usec).

I deleted all unused modules, all references not used in the db.

Will do some testing. Not expecting you to maintain it, just didn't want to publish myself (as it isn't my work I'm just gutting it lol). Figured others may make use of it. However you want/don't want that to occur is fine with me.

You absolutely have to remove the .dll if you don't want to use the Attachments and Recoil Overhaul, the config option for that feature has a tool tip explaining it. As long as that's removed, and only bot-related config options are enabled, weapons should be unaffected unless something else has gone wrong. So shouldn't be necessary to gut code. I did my best to be careful with the config options and took the time to make sure you could completely play with or without the bot changes, with or without the realism changes, etc.

I really don't recommend gutting out parts, there may be sections that are needed or used by bots that you're not aware of. For example, some of the bot presets rely on changes to attachment compatibility. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head but there may be other changes you need to look for.

Problem with a stripped version of the bot changes is that there could be some things that are missed that cause issues or crashes, and as I update the bot changes, refactor the code, rebalance things...that'd just cause a mess. Also SPT 3.4.0 will break many of my changes and I'll have to likely rewrite a good bit of it anyway.

Yeah sorry about that but it's just too much hassle to maintain the two mods, it's only something I'd consider doing once I feel that the bot changes are pretty much done (and SPT stops making breaking changes to bots), but even then I may incorporate changes down the line where the bot changes depend on other changes I've made or vice versa. But again, with the config options, none of this should be necessary anyway.

• Cheers for all the responses.
    I've just started tinkering with a fresh version of your mod (without gutting it as you mention the mods may need external dependencies).

I did notice this variable in the config doesn't match up to the code that uses it.

"openZonesFix" => "open_zones_fix"

Is there a compiler I'm missing or is this a small bug?

• hey i ran into an issue with the mod for a little while everything works as intended then the aim button on the mouse quits responding i started removing the mods on by one till i removed your mod then it gave me the aim down sighs again. would love to continue to use the mod. fyi no errors are coming up on the console that i can see as errors. as far as Mod i use your mod Giga chad profile and Priscilu the only mod i believe isnt current is the chad profile

• Cheers for all the responses.
    I've just started tinkering with a fresh version of your mod (without gutting it as you mention the mods may need external dependencies).

I did notice this variable in the config doesn't match up to the code that uses it.

"openZonesFix" => "open_zones_fix"

Is there a compiler I'm missing or is this a small bug?

That's what we call a whoopsie :D thanks for finding that, it'll be fixed. I think SPT 3.4.0 will be adding these zones and more as default. BTW, what issues have you had with POOP + Realism Mod? I just did a quick test with it and it seems to work so far. The reason why I thought it wouldn't is because FAIT had changes to bot loadouts, but it seems like POOP doesn't.

hey i ran into an issue with the mod for a little while everything works as intended then the aim button on the mouse quits responding i started removing the mods on by one till i removed your mod then it gave me the aim down sighs again. would love to continue to use the mod. fyi no errors are coming up on the console that i can see as errors

Were you using a faceshield at the time? If not, what other mods were you using?

• yes i believe the face shield attached to the fast helmet btw thanks for the fast responce other than a always sunny dll no other mods

Check out this mods overview page for the full list of features. You can only ADS with certain faceshields, it will say in their description if it's allowed. You can disable this feature with the in-game config (F12).

• That's what we call a whoopsie :D thanks for finding that, it'll be fixed. I think SPT 3.4.0 will be adding these zones and more as default. BTW, what issues have you had with POOP + Realism Mod? I just did a quick test with it and it seems to work so far. The reason why I thought it wouldn't is because FAIT had changes to bot loadouts, but it seems like POOP doesn't.

I'll try adding it again, I think the original issue I may have been having was maybe not related.

So if I understand this correctly:

1. Poop will just allow me to change the AI's aggression (IE with Zpoops' configs)
    2. Your bot adjustments are for loadouts specifically (I have changed the ammo loadouts a bit, and added a random factor to scav loadout spawning so that tier 1/2/3/4 doesn't always mean loadout 1,2,2,3).
    3. Lua's Custom Spawn points changes where bots spawn > but I'm not 100% this doesn't carry conflicts with the above two.

Does that make sense?

• From what I can see and tell, POOP just changes AI behaviours. My mod has an option to change PMC and Boss difficulty. Boss difficulty just puts them on "Hard", and PMC difficulty puts them on Hard or Insane (or whatever it is), and changes their behaviour types. Poop runs after my mod, so it should just override any changes I make that it also makes, nothing should break in this case (or you could just disable my mod's difficulty changes in the config to be safe). I personally use Lua's Custom Spawn Points with my own playthrough and I haven't had any issues so far.

As to your second point I'm not sure what you mean. The way the tiers work is that there's a probabilistic chance for each tier to spawn at a given player level range. The higher your player level, the higher the odds are that the bots will be of a higher tier. Sounds like you may be adding a random factor to something that's based on chance already? Anyway, whether or not any changes you make to this mod may cause issues, I've no way of knowing really.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!