SPT Realism Mod

• Thank you for help! I'll try to do it.

Happy to help, I would suggest giving the features of Realism a good look and compare them to what FAIT or POOP adds/edits and then disabling the overlapping features.

FAIT will have far more overlapping features than POOP will, but FAIT has a nice config editor that is easier if you're not familiar with modding.

• I'm really stumped cause I can't figure out why this is happening but when I use this mod (which I really love) when I spawn as a scav I always spawn with 1 or 2 rounds in the chamber sometimes without any extra reloads, and looking at the mod page, I don't think this is intentional. I've tried it with the default config, and with this mod on its own on a fresh install and profile, and it still happens. Is this intentional and/or can it be changed if its not intentional? If its a config thing I'm not seeing anything related to scav loadouts, but maybe I'm missing it :x

Interestingly, on new profiles, the first scav will have normal ammo, but all subsequent scavs wont. I also did a quick google search but couldnt find anyone reporting this as a bug, so idk if no one else has had this bug or I'm just the only person who uses SPTRealism and does scav runs.

• Здравствуйте понравился ваш мод. Но при запуске выходит ошибка. Как исправить?

• Здравствуйте понравился ваш мод. Но при запуске выходит ошибка. Как исправить?

Мод пока недоступен для 3.5.4. Если вы читаете консоль, она даже говорит вам об этом.

• I'm really stumped cause I can't figure out why this is happening but when I use this mod (which I really love) when I spawn as a scav I always spawn with 1 or 2 rounds in the chamber sometimes without any extra reloads, and looking at the mod page, I don't think this is intentional. I've tried it with the default config, and with this mod on its own on a fresh install and profile, and it still happens. Is this intentional and/or can it be changed if its not intentional? If its a config thing I'm not seeing anything related to scav loadouts, but maybe I'm missing it :x

Interestingly, on new profiles, the first scav will have normal ammo, but all subsequent scavs wont. I also did a quick google search but couldnt find anyone reporting this as a bug, so idk if no one else has had this bug or I'm just the only person who uses SPTRealism and does scav runs.

Unfortunately this is a bug with Realism, and it's not just the player scav that is affected by it, all AI will have their magazines start with 1 bullet in them but the AI will reload and replenish their magazines more or less on spawn, you can tell it affects the AI because a firearm that they spawn with but do not use (sidearm for example) will have this bug (This is just what I have noticed with my playthrough, I have not extensively tested this so there may be more nuance to the bug). Interestingly it doesn't appear to affect ALL firearms and magazines, but it does affect most.

Although Realism does not directly edit the playerscav loadout, the player scav's loadout is based on the "assault" bot loadout which is edited by Realism.

The reason that on a new profile your player scav was not affected is most likely due to the player scav being generated without Realism's bot loadouts being taken into account, 2nd player scav does use the base "assault" loadout however.

This appears, at least in my testing, to be down to the modifications in the bot loadout, there is something happening in there, but I am unsure of what, you can comment out the modification section and the bug appears to no longer be present.

If you check your error logs you will most likely see a large amount of errors such as

Code
    2023-03-27 21:21:00.354 +10:30|0.13.0.3.22173|Error|Default|can't find mags to reload
    2023-03-27 21:21:00.866 +10:30|0.13.0.3.22173|Error|Default|can't find mags to reload
    2023-03-27 21:21:00.883 +10:30|0.13.0.3.22173|Error|Default|can't find mags to reload
    2023-03-27 21:21:01.377 +10:30|0.13.0.3.22173|Error|Default|can't find mags to reload
    2023-03-27 21:21:01.881 +10:30|0.13.0.3.22173|Error|Default|can't find mags to reload
    2023-03-27 21:21:01.896 +10:30|0.13.0.3.22173|Error|Default|can't find mags to reload

I believe that Fontaine is aware of this and will fix it when they have the time.

• Thanks for the detailed info, I was not aware of the bot issues at all. Must be a recent thing because didn't happen in the past. Problem with SPT is that the devs are constantly changing very minor things that end up breaking the mod but don't show up as errors in the server log half the time...I'll have a look into it, I do override some methods to do with magazine generation that could be the culprit. It's hard to test though, last time I tested the player scav issue I couldn't reproduce it, my 2nd scav had ammo.

• Thanks for the detailed info, I was not aware of the bot issues at all. Must be a recent thing because didn't happen in the past. Problem with SPT is that the devs are constantly changing very minor things that end up breaking the mod but don't show up as errors in the server log half the time...I'll have a look into it, I do override some methods to do with magazine generation that could be the culprit. It's hard to test though, last time I tested the player scav issue I couldn't reproduce it, my 2nd scav had ammo.

Interesting, I have been able to successfully replicate the issue with just Realism installed on a fresh install and fresh profile.

I have noticed that firearms such as the MP-443 pistol seem to not be affected by this bug? I can't be 100% certain but I will do some testing now and compile a list of firearms that are and are not affected and post it here for you.

I did make a post a little while ago with some testing that I did SPT Realism Mod and SPT Realism Mod but I never found the actual culprit.

• Interesting, I have been able to successfully replicate the issue with just Realism installed on a fresh install and fresh profile.

I have noticed that firearms such as the MP-443 pistol seem to not be affected by this bug? I can't be 100% certain but I will do some testing now and compile a list of firearms that are and are not affected and post it here for you.

I did make a post a little while ago with some testing that I did SPT Realism Mod and SPT Realism Mod but I never found the actual culprit.

I don't think it's jus Scavs though, now that you mentioned it I remember during recent testing seeing bots reloading soon after spawning but didn't think anything of it a the time. But it wasn't all bots, or wasn't all weapons...it could be that SPT changed how bot loadouts are structured, or changed something to do with bot generation...

• I don't think it's jus Scavs though, now that you mentioned it I remember during recent testing seeing bots reloading soon after spawning but didn't think anything of it a the time. But it wasn't all bots, or wasn't all weapons...it could be that SPT changed how bot loadouts are structured, or changed something to do with bot generation...

It's absolutely not just scavs, but player scav is the only loadout that is reliably generated AND controlled by the player so I can quickly go in and make a list of what weapons are and are not affected which may help you narrow it down to a cause? Not entirely sure.

I can also just change the default loadout that the playerscav.json uses as a base from "assault" to any other bot loadout and generate a scav with that loadouts gear.

• It's absolutely not just scavs, but player scav is the only loadout that is reliably generated AND controlled by the player so I can quickly go in and make a list of what weapons are and are not affected which may help you narrow it down to a cause? Not entirely sure.

I can also just change the default loadout that the playerscav.json uses as a base from "assault" to any other bot loadout and generate a scav with that loadouts gear.

I see that's very useful. I'm testing p scav now and I'm just getting knvies, no guns...I tried disabling changes to their weapon mods and all my overrides of SPT bot gen methods and didn't fix it...something is silently breaking things...

I think I might have to abandon changes to bots and most server-side changes at least for now, because honestly I can't be bothered fixing bot generations for the 20th time because SPT devs decided to spontaneously rename or refactor code that didn't need to be.

• I see that's very useful. I'm testing p scav now and I'm just getting knvies, no guns...I tried disabling changes to their weapon mods and all my overrides of SPT bot gen methods and didn't fix it...something is silently breaking things...

I think I might have to abandon changes to bots and most server-side changes at least for now, because honestly I can't be bothered fixing bot generations for the 20th time because SPT devs decided to spontaneously rename or refactor code that didn't need to be.

That is entirely up to you, I will say, from my perspective, the bot changes are one of the things that I love about Realism, I do not want to guilt you into NOT disabling the bot changes but they are in my opinion the foundation that makes the Realism experience a fantastic one.

I am happy to work on this with you to try and track down the issue and correct it, but I am only a novice at this and I can certainly understand your frustration.

I sent you a DM on discord, regardless, you should do what you feel is right for yourself and realism.

• Hi Fontaine, I really like pistol compressed position, but I noticed that laser is not zero on any distance is it an issue or its design that way (I don't know much about gun) and thank for this amazing mod. sorry if this already commented on the forum.

• Hi Fontaine, I really like pistol compressed position, but I noticed that laser is not zero on any distance is it an issue or its design that way (I don't know much about gun) and thank for this amazing mod. sorry if this already commented on the forum.

Issue with BSG handles lasers, even in unmodded EFT lasers won't line up depending on FOV. Nothing I can do but the lasers still work at close range

Just leaving a positive comment here, been playing the mod again and loving every update. Great work Fontaine.

thanks man :)

• found an odd bug, if i try to disable the recoil climb feature, since im used to base tarkov recoil control, the deafening doesnt fade meaning if i play as a scav or cant use ear protection the first few shots permanently deafen my character until i re enable it for a few seconds

• Hey,

To start off, I love this mod, great job man.

I am having an issue where most raider guns and some pmc guns are having render issues leading to the doge block appearing and making them effectively unusable until i'm out of raid and can clear up the issue by removing the part. Sometimes the bad part is the gun itself (M4 Upper for example). Any inputs on how to resolve this? I've attempted reinstalling the mod, but am still having the issue

• Hey,

To start off, I love this mod, great job man.

I am having an issue where most raider guns and some pmc guns are having render issues leading to the doge block appearing and making them effectively unusable until i'm out of raid and can clear up the issue by removing the part. Sometimes the bad part is the gun itself (M4 Upper for example). Any inputs on how to resolve this? I've attempted reinstalling the mod, but am still having the issue

If you uninstall realism does this behaviour correct itself?

• If you uninstall realism does this behaviour correct itself?

Realism isn't the problem. I have another mod installed that affects reflex sights and some other sights, I tried removing it first to see if that was it as it was the obvious culprit, but i missed a file of it. Found it this time though, sorry for the inconvenience.

Love this mod though

• found an odd bug, if i try to disable the recoil climb feature, since im used to base tarkov recoil control, the deafening doesnt fade meaning if i play as a scav or cant use ear protection the first few shots permanently deafen my character until i re enable it for a few seconds

I just tried disabling recoil climb and have no issues, I take it you're not using the latest version

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!