SPT Realism Mod

• I use more or less all of the same mods as you besides AutoProfileBackup (which Realism has a very similar feature to already)

There shouldn't be any conflicts, so make sure to check your config as this issue does not occur for me.

• Code
    Hello, I had a problem with spawning bosses, I changed both with the help of KMC SERVER VALUE MODIFIER, and changed in the game files. But they don't spawn, can you help?
  • Code
    Hello, I had a problem with spawning bosses, I changed both with the help of KMC SERVER VALUE MODIFIER, and changed in the game files. But they don't spawn, can you help?

Depends on what level you are, if you have boss spawn tweaks enabled in Realism and are a low level there is a very low chance that a boss will spawn.

Any changes that you make to the base game for boss spawns will be overwritten by a mod as they load after, make sure that KMC spawns after Realism to have its changes take effect, or turn off Boss Spawn Tweaks in the Realism config.

• You have a conflicting mod or have the mod configured wrong. Make sure the med changes are enabled in the config app.

I think I've found the reason. I had "gear blocks healing" disabled in the menu as I found it too immersive for me lmao. But once I enabled it back on, painkillers started working normally again. Able to use keyboard shortcuts etc. Pretty weird.

Also on another note, bots see me and beam in the face through the fences around cottages in shoreline. I'm not sure if this could be related to Realism or maybe SAIN's vision? But it wasn't happening before I updated from realism 7.10. Also I realized I haven't cleared my mod cache for a while so I did now, and instantly I noticed some things changed. I'm sure these 2 changes: Improved stance to sprint animation transition and Small tweaks to stance speed and positions only started working after clearing the cache. I used the same weapon I did before clearing cache, and noticed that when adsing from low ready now made the buttstock clip into my face for a split second.

• I think I've found the reason. I had "gear blocks healing" disabled in the menu as I found it too immersive for me lmao. But once I enabled it back on, painkillers started working normally again. Able to use keyboard shortcuts etc. Pretty weird.

Also on another note, bots see me and beam in the face through the fences around cottages in shoreline. I'm not sure if this could be related to Realism or maybe SAIN's vision? But it wasn't happening before I updated from realism 7.10. Also I realized I haven't cleared my mod cache for a while so I did now, and instantly I noticed some things changed. I'm sure these 2 changes: Improved stance to sprint animation transition and Small tweaks to stance speed and positions only started working after clearing the cache. I used the same weapon I did before clearing cache, and noticed that when adsing from low ready now made the buttstock clip into my face for a split second.

Sounds like your install is messed up/wrong SPT version/conflicting mods or you're having trouble configuring the mod, nothing I can do on my end unfortunately.

• Fontaine

Just saw, that you uploaded a mod that that allows a player to "rezero" his sights.

It gave me an idea for STP-Realism:

Rather than manually picking the desired round, the mod would check your firearms muzzle velocity, at the start of a raid, and automatically zeroes it accordingly.

There was a mod once, that did this, sadly its outdated. Beside it took a rounds default V0 and ignored barrel length.

Ps: do you have thread where players can make suggestions?

• Zeroing is a lot more than just velocity, it would have to be based on what round is currently in the gun and then the zero would have to be updated every time you fire which would look janky and wouldn't be realistic. Feel free to make suggestions in this thread or in the comments!

• Zeroing is a lot more than just velocity, it would have to be based on what round is currently in the gun and then the zero would have to be updated every time you fire which would look janky and wouldn't be realistic. Feel free to make suggestions in this thread or in the comments!

You missunterstood.

The rifle shouldn't be rezeroed during the raid, just properly zeroed at the start of the raid, based on its current configuration.

Alternatively it could be a function of the shooting range, where a player takes his rifle to properly zero it.

• You missunterstood.

The rifle shouldn't be rezeroed during the raid, just properly zeroed at the start of the raid, based on its current configuration.

Alternatively it could be a function of the shooting range, where a player takes his rifle to properly zero it.

What if you have multiple magazines with different ammo in it, or need to use ammo that you looted from someone else? Being able to change it through a config menu makes the most sense to me.

• Is anybody finding malfunctions very common for AKs? I am doing Punisher and using an AKS-74UB and get 1-3 malfunctions per round. I've played about 10 rounds (dying aplenty), and that has been consistent across the rounds. I checked the ammo and the mags and they both say low misfire chance. I've had the issue with different mags and different ammo, though. The guns have all been over 94%, hence checking the ammo/mag stats. Using BS ammo (low misfire chance) and PP ammo (no misfire chance listed) in a 6L31 (low misfire chance) at the moment.

• Hey love the mod but is there some issues with the gunsmith tasks? Part 21 wont let me hand in the pistol and I've made it correctly even as the wiki says how to. Thanks

• I don't remember which caliber it was, 5.45 or 5.56 but, is there a reason I would be killed via a shot to the thorax with HP ammo while wearing the CPC Goons plate carrier? Armor was near to or full durability and my thorax wasn't that damaged. Image of the armor in question below for quick reference. I have everything that would apply to this enabled in SPT config. I'm thinking I just got really unlucky after looking at the ammo chart in the info folder.

Edited once, last by Viridian598: Addition ().

• I don't remember which caliber it was, 5.45 or 5.56 but, is there a reason I would be killed via a shot to the thorax with HP ammo while wearing the CPC Goons plate carrier? Armor was near to or full durability and my thorax wasn't that damaged. Image of the armor in question below for quick reference. I have everything that would apply to this enabled in SPT config. I'm thinking I just got really unlucky after looking at the ammo chart in the info folder.

Realism makes adjustments to the areas on armor that stop bullets or let bullets through based on the plate location in the armor, not all of your thorax is protected like in live tarkov.

Enhanced Hit Zones Preview (turn on subtitles). - YouTube

• Is anybody finding malfunctions very common for AKs? I am doing Punisher and using an AKS-74UB and get 1-3 malfunctions per round. I've played about 10 rounds (dying aplenty), and that has been consistent across the rounds. I checked the ammo and the mags and they both say low misfire chance. I've had the issue with different mags and different ammo, though. The guns have all been over 94%, hence checking the ammo/mag stats. Using BS ammo (low misfire chance) and PP ammo (no misfire chance listed) in a 6L31 (low misfire chance) at the moment.

Malf chance for magazines isn't being displayed correctly because the values Realism uses it outside the range that BSG coded for, fixed for a future version, that magazine is pretty doodoo. Short barrelled rifles can have trouble cycling reliably, so any of the AKS74UBs needs a booster to be more reliable. These mechanics are mentioned in the description of short barrels/short barrelled weapons and booster muzzle devices. I'll up the PBS suppressor's malf reduction stat to help with that and lower the AKS74u's base malf chance a small bit. Weapons need to be above 98% to have reduce malfunction chance but that can be changed in in-game config.

Hey love the mod but is there some issues with the gunsmith tasks? Part 21 wont let me hand in the pistol and I've made it correctly even as the wiki says how to. Thanks

Wiki is wrong most of the time, also just use Profile Editor to complete it if you're stuck.

Shotgun is useless.

Unless you provide actual feedback and do proper testing I'm going to assume skill issue.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!