Crashing on Woods at certain spots on the map mostly playing as a scav.

• Server version
    Game client version
    Client log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?a70a3…U3aAMiXJ411CLx3YdFDwgNvBZ
    BepInEx log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?05784…pgrjLkrfPkzGys7sgzVpjH8E3
    Server log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?22ea9…PfcZF8ExoVyLHrMvBjqu7RfYA
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/
    List of used mods
    No mods used.

I've experienced most of the crashes around the med camp and the scav boat extract areas. Screenshot of the areas on the map attached.

:nikitathinking:

• IntEx

Changed the title of the thread from “Crashing on Woods at certain spots on the map.” to “Crashing on Woods at certain spots on the map mostly playing as a scav.”.
    • Official Post

Your logs show no issues, as they do technically just stop (as it would with a crash), google event viewer and see if you can match a crash with a time and see if windows reports anything, plus we kind of have no control over what happens in raid.

PLEASE DON'T DM ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS I ASK YOU TO, I WILL NOT ANSWER THEM.

I DO NOW HAVE THE POWER TO BONK SO DON'T DO THE ABOVE!

WEEWOO :kekw:

• Well I assumed It was a RAM issue as someone stated it over at discord but I monitored it for a while and It doesn't seem to "overflow". I've also noticed that whenever I press ESC during a raid the RAM usage drops by 2-3 GBs. It' just crashes randomly and I sometimes get this errors. Also, could It be that I used the player profile with the beta version that was released and then reverted it back to the stable release ?

Edited once, last by IntEx ().

• Because it doesn't overflow your ram, it overflows your pagefile.
    That is golden problem of the EFT - if you have 8-16GB, be sure you have around the same size of the pagefile, if not more.

<This guy made this mod, check it out

Edited once, last by GhostFenixx ().

• Edit: I've managed to do it. What I did is basically increase the virtual memory (pagefile) to 1.5x my total RAM (12GB) as you mentioned above. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME!

For anyone having the same issue and doesn't know how to fix it, just like me do the following.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! IM NOT AN EXPERT IN ANY WAY!

-Right click on "This PC" and the click on properties.

-Then proceed to "Advanced system settings" located on the right side.

-Click on the "Advanced" tab.

-Under the "Performance" section (It should be the first one under the "Advanced" tab) click on "Settings".

-Click on the "Advanced" tab once again.

-Under the "Virtual memory" (The bottom section), click on "Change".

-Then choose a drive you want to use the memory as a "Virtual memory".

-Select "Custom size" .

-On the "Initial size (MB):" type 1.5x the amount of YOUR RAM. For example : 12 x 1.5 = "18" make sure to convert it to MB (18000) in my case.

-Add the same amount for the "Maximum size (MB):".

-Click on the "Set" tab.

-Close the window and click "Apply".

-Restart your PC.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! IM NOT AN EXPERT IN ANY WAY!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't mind can you please guide me on how to do that? I've never messed with this kind of stuff before.

Edited 2 times, last by IntEx ().

• CWX

Closed the thread.
  • CWX

Set the Label from In progress to Solved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!