SWAG + Donuts - Dynamic Spawn Waves and Custom Spawn Points

• Encountering an issue where bosses are spawning alone without their guards. Every single time I've found Glukhar, Sanitar, Shturman, and Reshala; they have been alone without their guards by their side.

SPT: 3.6.1

SWAG + Donuts 3.1.3

Mods Folder:

BepInEx plugins:

Donuts presets have been randomized between livelike, livelikealt, quietraids, and crazy raids

All maps where the respective bosses spawn

>50 raids

No console errors present.

Note: This problem began immediately after installing the mod and before making any changes to the config files. I can provide those too if necessary.

The Goon Squad are all spawning normally in all of the maps but the core map bosses are always spawning alone.

• Alright, here's a few things I can tell you guys.

Before switching off of version 3.1.3 I ran a few more raids of customs and reserve looking for Reshala and Glukhar with freecam and thermal vision to see if they were spawning.

Reshala actually ended up spawning one time with all of his guards - however Glukhar was always solo.

I think this may be a result of SWAG *sometimes* spawning the boss wave and Donut's also only *sometimes* being in charge of spawning the boss wave.

It's a shame because the way I had the mod configured was perfect. The scav and PMC spawns were just right, they were showing up in unexpected and varied places. All of the specific Donut's presets were working as they were supposed to (morescavs, quietraids, etc.) The only issue remaining was the fact that boss guards weren't spawning.

So I downloaded the 3.1.4 Beta version as you asked and only modified the boss spawn chances in SWAG to 100 to begin testing (using only the live-like Donut's preset to reduce variables). This time around, I could not get Reshala or Glukhar to spawn at all until I turned the "UseDefaultSpawns" "Bosses" option to 'true'. After turning on that option, Reshala spawned with all of his guards yet Glukhar did not spawn at all.

(Note: I also set the bot cap to 60 in Customs and Reserve while testing these spawns)

(Note 2: The config that comes with 3.1.4 has Sanitar's spawn chance on Shoreline set to 0 by default)

As a user, it's very unclear what SWAG is doing and what Donut's is doing, and how much overlap there is. Even after reading through the .txt files and the mod page. I understand that Donut's is supposed to be handling the general spawns such as PMCs and scav, while SWAG is supposed to be handling the bosses and special AI groups - but in practice it seems that there's something wonky going on with the SWAG settings just not working properly.

I really want to help get to the bottom of this because this is an awesome mod. Previously I used MOAR for all of my AI configuration needs, but SWAG + Donut's makes raids feel way more dynamic and live-like with the bots being a threat instead of constantly in predictable locations and easy to deal with.

There needs to be a clear way to stop Donut's from touching the boss spawns entirely, while keeping its functionality regarding the scavs and PMCs intact. As it stands, the user experience is misleading because config settings seem to just not work consistently.

I hope you guys can get to the bottoms of all this. I'll keep investigating on my own, it just takes a long time because I'm constantly restarting the game to test new configurations. What I'll do next is try to mirror the configs in 3.1.4 as much as I can to what I had on 3.1.3, and just run tons of raids to see how the bosses are spawning.

I think this may be a result of SWAG *sometimes* spawning the boss wave and Donut's also only *sometimes* being in charge of spawning the boss wave

no, this isn't how it works. Donuts doesn't spawn bosses in any manner unless it's the boss-mania preset. nor does it despawn bosses either.

So I downloaded the 3.1.4 Beta version as you asked and only modified the boss spawn chances in SWAG to 100 to begin testing (using only the live-like Donut's preset to reduce variables). This time around, I could not get Reshala or Glukhar to spawn at all until I turned the "UseDefaultSpawns" "Bosses" option to 'true'. After turning on that option, Reshala spawned with all of his guards yet Glukhar did not spawn at all

don't use default spawns, these are vanilla spawns, they're off for a reason.

There needs to be a clear way to stop Donut's from touching the boss spawns entirely, while keeping its functionality regarding the scavs and PMCs intact. As it stands, the user experience is misleading because config settings seem to just not work consistently

there is a clear way. Donuts only affects PMCs and SCAVs. SWAG everything else, it's already setup like this. I haven't seen any issues regarding Donuts and bosses.

using the latest test build I linked you, the only things I changed for this were: TotalBossesPerMap for customs to -1, and increased gluhar's chance to 100 for Customs - both bosses and guards spawn normally (see screenshot below). can you describe exactly what it is you're trying to do? I don't experience these issues myself, thank you.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1069474254481014844/1150414903119716433/image.png

• I suppose what confused me was Prop's reply about Donut's affecting the boss guard spawns.

I reinstalled the test build and set the boss spawns to 100. Using CWX Debugtool to check the boss spawns, I noticed that sometimes the bosses would spawn fine with all of their guards, sometimes they would spawn alone, and sometimes they would spawn with only some of the guards. With the bot monitor I can see that upon starting a raid, the PMCs spawn first, then the boss will spawn alone for a few seconds before either the guards begin to spawn with him or nothing happens and the boss remains alone. Like I said, after running a few raids in Customs and Reserve to test this, I found that boss guard spawns are not consistent for whatever reason.

Here's an example where in one raid Glukhar spawned alone, and in another with all of his guards. This is from just running Reserve raids back to back.

Below here is a screenshot of Glukhar spawning with only some guards in Customs.

• this is very helpful, thanks. i'll do some testing on my end and get back to you soon.

• is it like this for you at the start of raid? have you waited a period of time to see if any guards eventually show up? I'm curious, in my testing it seems it can take up to a few minutes for guards to show up.

• Yeah, those screenshots are taken at the start of the raid, but I usually stick around for a few minutes before exiting. For me, it never takes more than a few seconds for the boss guards to spawn in when they decide to. The only reason I even noticed this and began looking into it was when I started hunting the bosses specifically and would always find them alone, even at the end of the raid when sometimes they've already been killed by an onslaught of PMCs.

One theory I have is that the spawning process might be getting interrupted somehow? The reason I think this is because Whenever Reshala's or Glukhar's guards are missing, it's usually when a PMC bot spawns in the same zone as them at the start of the raid. Since the guards seem to only spawn a little after the boss spawns, maybe them entering some kind of alert or combat state before all of the guards can spawn is causing this? I don't know if this may be a coincidence because my sample size is <100 raids, and there are a lot of other variables.

Another thing that might support this theory is that whenever I see that Glukhar's guards have only partially spawned, it's usually only the "followerGluharAssault" type, which always spawn first.

I'll keep running my raids with the bot monitor on and just looking at the spawns.

• you're on the right track. it's not PMC spawns in particular but all client side spawns, so all Donuts spawns seem to slow down any server-side spawns (bosses). you can test this behavior yourself, try disabling Donuts before a raid with your bot monitor on and check the spawn speed compared to w/ Donuts on. i'll keep digging

• I just tried running a few raids with Donut's off. The bosses and sniper scavs did spawn in faster but the guards still fail to spawn most of the time, regardless of how much I wait. When guards do spawn, it's still on a slight delay after the main boss.

EDIT: Tried it with the newer test build as well. Bosses spawning solo again.

• as far as I'm aware LUAs adds points to base game bot zones. so, SWAG spawns would use them, but not Donuts, since Donuts uses custom spawn points already.

Ok perfect ty.

Basically...

DONUTS = Starting PMCs, dynamic spawns (PMCs and SCAVs)

SWAG = Bosses, Raiders, Rogues, custom bosses, etc.

Do the mods work as stated above?

thanks for your patience and your job :thumbup:

• yes, the only exception being the boss-mania Donuts preset which spawns some bosses via Donuts in addition to the rest.

• i have no errores showing up or nothing but as im about to load in and the counter hits 0 on the spawn timer it jsut dosent spawn me in i cna hear my charecter and the games sounds but it just wont spawn me in and there are no error popping up or nothing idk how to fix this there isnt any mods besides realism and the rquierd mods of realism and this mod and some reccomended ones from realism and this mod that i have downloaded so i have 0 clue whats wrong if someone can tell me or help thatd be appritiated and also mb for the grammer not my strong suit ( i just downloaded the neww version today and im stil having the same issues)

• nooky added a new version:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!