Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    BSG Website
    List of used mods
    ServerValueModifier
    AllTheClothes
    AIOTrader
    3PP Mod

So, this is a long-standing issue that has occurred even on a completely un-modded state of the game across multiple versions. I've searched the internet and checked every known issues FAQ I could, but I just can't seem to narrow down a fix for this issue.

As you'll see in the attachment, my memory (and often Mag Drills) skill will frequently pop as leveling up. This happens multiple times a raid. Through my own testing over the course of multiple months (and multiple server versions), I've seemed to notice that one of the XP-modifying buildings in the hideout, when constructed, tends to increase this problem.

However; not building that hideout structure doesn't eliminate the problem all together, it'll just make it so that the memory skill is the only one that procs to level 1 repeatedly. Any ideas?

• I've had this across several builds for a year+ and have always googled if someone was having the same issue.
    Straight out of the gate I would have this issue even with skillatrophy on or off, or even heavily reducing memory skill gain.
    (Mag Drills is the #1 offender)
    I hope someone has a solution I should also add I manually modify my per task XP values for skills, because having 8x endurance is good, while having 8x metabolism is bad for progression and overall game feel.

• I've had this across several builds for a year+ and have always googled if someone was having the same issue.
    Straight out of the gate I would have this issue even with skillatrophy on or off, or even heavily reducing memory skill gain.
    (Mag Drills is the #1 offender)
    I hope someone has a solution I should also add I manually modify my per task XP values for skills, because having 8x endurance is good, while having 8x metabolism is bad for progression and overall game feel.

Well, glad it isn't just me then! I found that when one of the hideout modules is built that modifies XP gain, the memory and mag drills skill spams a lot. When it isn't, the overall spam was lesser.

Out of curiosity, how do you modify your XP for specific skills as such? Because I agree, the way some skills progress vs others is not ideal.

• Well, glad it isn't just me then! I found that when one of the hideout modules is built that modifies XP gain, the memory and mag drills skill spams a lot. When it isn't, the overall spam was lesser.

Out of curiosity, how do you modify your XP for specific skills as such? Because I agree, the way some skills progress vs others is not ideal.

You need an All In One (AIO) mod where you can change the skill XP modifiers, such as multipliers, limit before debuff, etc.

• Official Post

so is this down to a mod issue? have not had this reported for any builds

PLEASE DON'T DM ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS I ASK YOU TO, I WILL NOT ANSWER THEM.

I DO NOW HAVE THE POWER TO BONK SO DON'T DO THE ABOVE!

WEEWOO :kekw:

• [This is all incorrect, I just upgraded my hideout and mag drill spam started]
    I did a lot of fire and forget experimenting, it comes with modifying the skill experience gains AFTER a profile is created.
    Game on friends :) I finally figured it out after a lot of working on this specific issue!!!
    I specifically modify my experience gain values manually in the Aki_Data/Server/database/globals,json
    and there is a section that has the XP modifier for skills (leave at default) XP gained per action (can be modified before making a profile, but changing after will create spam) and XP per task (non skill related XP gains)
    it is safe to even do 100% skill gain at all times and no spam doing this method. (no skill fatigue)

• I thought you said it was caused by you directly editing your base files?
    There will be no easy solution to that. I would suggest using a mod if you wish to modify xp games, so that things are properly rounded.

• I just checked the hideout upgrades, reverting my save (pre-spam) and then constantly reloading, ammo checking, firing a round through several loot containers (each time I upgraded a hideout component I quit/restarted the game) I have no mag drill spam...I'm now going to attempt several hideout upgrades at once before a raid and see if that causes it.

it's not specifically a hideout upgrade either, or doing multiple raids at once before restarting the game. HOWEVER it did happen when I upgraded a hideout component, but what caused the mag skill spam after component upgrade is unknown...(Rest Space)
    Reverted the save, upgraded the component again and it didn't have spam.

• I wonder if an experience value isn't getting rounded correctly? Sounds like a mod issue, not something I have encountered.

Possible, but I've encountered this issue for many builds and I believe previous tests without any mods (or changes to base files) repro'd this problem. However; it's been so long I can't confirm. Will do a test profile here soon and see what I can find out.

In terms of XP-modifying mods, I use KMC Server Value Modifier and previously used the Ereshkigal AkiConfiugurator long ago. Occurred with both of those before.

• Conclusive, it's 100% due to some XP modifying values (I went 30+ levels with just ramping up player XP values, XP looting, examining, healing and action values, did not produce the problem either)
    However, upon massively modifying XP skill gains, I experienced the issue since level 1 now.
    I'm going to investigate more in depth "SkillProgession" as the json says values not being modified at all for purposes.

• kikirio

Closed the thread.
  • kikirio

Set the Label from In progress to Solved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!