HideoutArchitect
    ODT-ItemInfo-3.0.2
    RaiRaiTheRaichu-UselessKeyBlacklist-1.1.1
    ServerValueModifier
    Virtual's Custom Quest Loader
    x-ODT-Softcore-1.2.0
    zRaiRaiTheRaichu-AmmoStats-2.2.1
    Less Tedious Quests 1.0.0

I cannot find any keys in any of their determined physical locations. Keys appear randomly in containers like jackets, filing cabinets, on scavs, and PMCs as usual but never in their loose locations.

I have not once found a key where it should be on any map, and have noticed this since I've been farming customs for specific keys.

I have checked next to the dead scav on the sofa for the checkpoint key at least 10 times, and dorms room 214 mug for key 203 at least 5 times, on top of any other key spawns I pass like 114 in the car, and on the chair at the radio tower, guard desk hand, factory key in office, etc. For distinction: the machinery key spawns inside its jacket every time, and so does the unknown key on the dead scav every time i've checked. The problem relates only to loose spawns.
    Now that i think about it, I've also never found a keycard in over 60 raids and 250 kills.

Is it possible that one of my mods has turned off or massively reduced loose key spawn rate for my game?
    Any information would be a great help. I'm progression locked until i solve this.
    Thanks!

• This is just the default game as far as I know
    You can download mods that change the loose loot spawn rate but I'm not sure if there are any that target keys specifically
    It's one of those things in the game that BSG has ignored/nerfed over time and finding keys in raid in loose loot locations is so rare that you probably will never find them
    If someone has a mod that targets key spawns that would be awesome but I don't know of it

• This is just the default game as far as I know
    You can download mods that change the loose loot spawn rate but I'm not sure if there are any that target keys specifically
    It's one of those things in the game that BSG has ignored/nerfed over time and finding keys in raid in loose loot locations is so rare that you probably will never find them
    If someone has a mod that targets key spawns that would be awesome but I don't know of it

I might not have been clear in my op. What i mean by "loose keys" is the keys that spawn at very specific physical locations on the map like the examples listed. Just to be clear i don't mean keys in random loose loot locations.
    The issue I'm experiencing is that these keys that are supposed to spawn very often at the same location are not spawning ever.

• Only suggestions would be as follows:

Try to reproduce this without any mods

Turn up the global loot spawns higher and see if they start appearing

I don't believe any of those mods would affect loose loot of the keys you're having issues finding, however. It's likely a mix of RNG and low loose loot multipliers.

• Thanks for the feedback.

I did exactly what you said. I moved all my mods and started a new profile and used SVM to increase the loose loot modifier from 1.2 to 20. Keys then spawned in their locations almost always.
    Next i'll try with mods and still at 20 to see if the mods are preventing the spawning.

If i find that the issue is keys being extremely rare, is there a way to increase key spawn % without increasing all loose loot %? I like a reasonable hunt for the keys without an unreasonable amount of loot available.

• I've played spt off and on and each time there is a obvious shortage of keys. I installed a few days ago and did 4 run throughs of the town on Shoreline, checking all jackets, no keys at all. Previously I used a key mod that fixed the issue but I'm having trouble finding it now.

• Screw it. I edited the user JSON file to give myself the key. After multiple runs at loose loot set to 20 it doesn't spawn.

It's a quest dependent item that should have a near 100% spawn chance.

Yes some loot rework seems to have killed key spawning, both static and dynamic. The key trader mod is also an option. Unfortunate, because one form of progression if playing a hardcore / no flea type playthrough is to get keys to gain access to various loot rooms.

• Official Post

Even more curious is that the ID for key 203 "5c99f98d86f7745c314214b3" does not appear in the Customs (bigmap) looseLoot.json file. It might actually be broken.

The 203 (5938504186f7740991483f30, you got the wrong id) key has a low % to spawn and does appear in the loose and static loot files for customs, this is data that comes from BSG. It's not a guaranteed spawn from the looks of it

Everything i've seen so far indicates things to be working as intended

The above key list doesn’t tell us if the items are a guaranteed spawn, only they're used for a quest which isn’t an indicator of it being a 100% spawn

• If you can get me a list of keys that should have static fairly common spawns, I'd be willing to do either make a mod/incorporate it into SPT itself.

I've started to look into this issue but haven't found any fix. I'd be willing to collaborate and try to make a mod to either fix the loot tables for quest keys, fixed spawns, or add new barters to traders for some quest keys.

For instance I'm currently stuck behind :
    - resort key with blue tape for sanitar's office
    - resort key for vitamins part 1
    - emercom medical key for vitamins part 1
    - resort keys for lend lease part 1
    - shoreline cottage key for colleagues
    - dorms marked room key for the cult

I'm at level 42 and have done over 30 runs of set spawns in vain

• Official Post
    R@S
    • Official Post
    R@S

PLEASE DON'T DM ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS I ASK YOU TO, I WILL NOT ANSWER THEM.

I DO NOW HAVE THE POWER TO BONK SO DON'T DO THE ABOVE!

WEEWOO :kekw:

• CWX

Closed the thread.
  • CWX

Set the Label from In progress to Solved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!