Kalashnikov Duet

• carl makes mods added a new file:

• carl makes mods added a new version:

Well, there's always SOMEthing that's bound to go wrong on release day... Whoops.

• Added missing support for JMAC muzzle device to AK-12.
    • Substantially nerfed AK-15 recoil.
      • It's still got lower recoil than the AK-103 and can still be made a laser beam with proper modding, but is no longer a laser beam out of the box.
        • This was happening because my dumb ass copy-pasted the wrong numbers to the wrong document. Nice going, me.
    • Substantially buffed unique muzzle devices.
      • Muzzle devices should now be able to compete with the JMAC, offering a bit less recoil reduction but greater velocity and accuracy with lower ergo penalty.
        • Yes, I'm aware that this doesn't make them better than the JMAC and that the REAL problem here is the JMAC being overpowered.

A small few changes for some small mistakes. Shouldn't have taken this long, but it did. Whoops...

• Thread space on barrels is now FAR less visible when using the default muzzle devices.
      • Turns out I fucked up the bundle offsets and made muzzles mount way too far forward. Muzzles now mount to correct positions.
    • AK-15 now uses AK-74 mastery. Yes, it feels wrong, but apparently the AK-103 uses AK-74 mastery so doing this is right. Somehow.

The "Smug Russian Bottom" Update.

Small update for AKI 2.0.0. Weapon now supports the new 12.11 malfunction and jam system, and can mount the new stuff added alongside the scope rework. Hooray!

• AK15 makes no sounds of any kind (reloading, inspect, shooting, etc. are all muted) and gets a "hands are busy" bug after adding a weapon mod (did it with a light and a forward grip) in a raid.

AK12 seemed to work just fine. I didn't test everything, but it made sounds and didn't get a "hands busy" bug after adding/removing a weapon mod in a raid.

I did both tests with a brand new and unmodded version of both. They didn't even have any ammo.

• AK15 makes no sounds of any kind (reloading, inspect, shooting, etc. are all muted) and gets a "hands are busy" bug after adding a weapon mod (did it with a light and a forward grip) in a raid.

AK12 seemed to work just fine. I didn't test everything, but it made sounds and didn't get a "hands busy" bug after adding/removing a weapon mod in a raid.

I did both tests with a brand new and unmodded version of both. They didn't even have any ammo.

+1, i have the same issue

I actually posted that same thing but cant find it in this thread, so thanks for adding.

Added new textures courtesy of Mira! These are versions slightly similar to the ones in her standalone retexture, except they're older versions where the handguard was slightly different and the barrel white was still, well, white.

Overall, this should make the gun look a lot more metal-y and make the polymer parts fit better with each other - or, as Mira put it, this should make the gun look a bit less buttery. Which is quite welcome. :p

I don't have time to update the preview images right now, so if you want to take a peek at the new look sported by the AK-12 and AK-15, I recommend you check out Mira's standalone retexture mod, which is linked above.

Are you fucking serious.

I'm not in a place where I can test this myself, so I'm assuming based off your post that this is something you can reproduce, which is infuriating - I was getting the soundless AK-15 bug earlier and assumed it was a result of me trying to change the firing noises, which clearly seems to be wrong (lmao). I think something is fucked up with its weapon container/root, but I have no idea what it is.

In case it's a conflict, though, could you tell me what other mods (if any) you have running, and what you mean by "hands are busy" bug? Do you mean the bug you get sometimes when searching a container that leaves you unable to interact with anything in the world or open context menus with right click, or the bug that you used to get where your viewmodel freezes and leaves you unable to do literally anything? Thanks.

• Are you fucking serious.

I'm not in a place where I can test this myself, so I'm assuming based off your post that this is something you can reproduce, which is infuriating - I was getting the soundless AK-15 bug earlier and assumed it was a result of me trying to change the firing noises, which clearly seems to be wrong (lmao). I think something is fucked up with its weapon container/root, but I have no idea what it is.

In case it's a conflict, though, could you tell me what other mods (if any) you have running, and what you mean by "hands are busy" bug? Do you mean the bug you get sometimes when searching a container that leaves you unable to interact with anything in the world or open context menus with right click, or the bug that you used to get where your viewmodel freezes and leaves you unable to do literally anything? Thanks.

I have a bunch of mods, so there could be a conflict. For example. The M16A4 mod is incompatible with the "AllTradersSellCheapIttems"; true setting in Erish's AIO mod. As a result, I don't run the M16A4 mod, even though it gives me a bit of nostalgia regarding my time as an infantryman....but I digress.

Anyways. It's a "you can't interact with anything" busy hands. If you want, I can try to reproduce it and send you a video of it so you can see what I'm talking about.

Here is a screen cap of all the mods I'm currently using.

• I have a bunch of mods, so there could be a conflict. For example. The M16A4 mod is incompatible with the "AllTradersSellCheapIttems"; true setting in Erish's AIO mod. As a result, I don't run the M16A4 mod, even though it gives me a bit of nostalgia regarding my time as an infantryman....but I digress.

Anyways. It's a "you can't interact with anything" busy hands. If you want, I can try to reproduce it and send you a video of it so you can see what I'm talking about.

Here is a screen cap of all the mods I'm currently using.

No need, I was able to reproduce on my own and patch it, though the way in which I had to patch it leaves me unable to give the AK-15 its own firing noises... which is less than desirable. Ouch. Try it again now, it should be good.

As for the M16A4 mod... that's really strange. No idea what the issue could possibly be since I don't use AIO, but I'll let Mira know to investigate it whenever she has a chance. Thank you for the heads-up on all of this, by the way.

• No need, I was able to reproduce on my own and patch it, though the way in which I had to patch it leaves me unable to give the AK-15 its own firing noises... which is less than desirable. Ouch. Try it again now, it should be good.

As for the M16A4 mod... that's really strange. No idea what the issue could possibly be since I don't use AIO, but I'll let Mira know to investigate it whenever she has a chance. Thank you for the heads-up on all of this, by the way.

Sucks that you can't give it firing sounds. Maybe a "I'll rebuild it when I have time" kind of fix?

As for the M16A4 thing and heads up, you're welcome. I used to test games for a living, so I notice this stuff much faster than others. Granted the no sounds, "hands busy", or incompatibility error warnings are pretty obvious.....but still important to report. :)

For reference, here is the error I get with the M16A4 mod and the "AllTradersSellCheapItems"; true setting. That way, you have something to show Mira to help with the possible fix on her end. :)

• No need, I was able to reproduce on my own and patch it, though the way in which I had to patch it leaves me unable to give the AK-15 its own firing noises... which is less than desirable.

Just tested it like before and the AK15 has sounds.

It was naked, so I don't know if the suppressed sound is fine or if anything else could be broken, but all seems well. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!