Fin's AI Tweaks (FAIT)

• Hello, i've been using this mod and i wanted to ask if there are some better settings for killa / ai in general. I use 2.1.0 spt-aki.

Killa is like a machine, i can't even see him and get absolutely beamed across the world. I wanted to ask if there's something wrong with my settings or if killa got updated and buffed this much.

I used to play EFT live and almost finished the 100 killa kills, but i don't remember him being like this, at all.

Can anyone help me out? Perhaps there are some settings i can tweak so i can make ai match live?

I also replied to this in the main comments thread, but I'll add it in here too just for clarify's sake : )

Unfortunately, FAIT doesn't make any boss-specific changes at the moment, and by default they're left completely unmodified. You could add bosses to the low, mid or high tier AI lists if you wanted to give them the same AI as the other bots on that list, but there's currently no way to alter individual bosses (Except, I suppose, making them the only bot in one of those lists).

• I also replied to this in the main comments thread, but I'll add it in here too just for clarify's sake : )

Unfortunately, FAIT doesn't make any boss-specific changes at the moment, and by default they're left completely unmodified. You could add bosses to the low, mid or high tier AI lists if you wanted to give them the same AI as the other bots on that list, but there's currently no way to alter individual bosses (Except, I suppose, making them the only bot in one of those lists).

Done like you said, put "bosskilla" in "hard AI" and now it behaves much much better compared to before. It's not as broken , not even remotely, but geared enough to pack a punch and shoot accurately back :) Thank you so much!

• I've been using your mod and the behaviour changes are quite good, but I think the default configuration provided isn't that great for most people. For example, the default config I had did not seem to spawn PMCs at all until set "Automatically add PMCs" to true in the Spawns section of the configuration. This also seems to cause PMCs to replace scav spawns (like sniper scavs). Also, for some reason the "All PMCs are BEARs" option was set to True by default - is this intentional? Regardless, this is not a huge problem, but a default configuration that spawns scavs and PMCs much like you would expect in the live version would be preferable (i.e. scavs as live, with the appropriate number of PMCs spawning at map start all over the map).

For reference, I downloaded and am using v1.19.4b of the mod with SPT-AKI v2.1.0.

The main problem I have with the mod is that enabling gear changes destroys the durability of all equipment used by scavs and PMCs. I did some basic debugging and it seems that the durability reduction function is called twice for each piece of equipment.

In the pmcScavAlliance static function, in the for loop that iterates across all bot instances, I can see this sort of thing:

Code
    //Lowering weapon durability. First one reduces max durability, second one reduces current
    AITweaks.reduceDurability(primaryWep, config.AIgearChanges[AIGearCategory].weaponMaxDurabilityMin_Max[0], config.AIgearChanges[AIGearCategory].weaponMaxDurabilityMin_Max[1], true)
    AITweaks.reduceDurability(primaryWep, config.AIgearChanges[AIGearCategory].weaponDurabilityMin_Max[0], config.AIgearChanges[AIGearCategory].weaponDurabilityMin_Max[1], false)

Removing the second (redundant) call, for all weapon categories, provides the expected behaviour.

• Which file should we edit to fix that? Should we instead wait for an update directly from Fin?

• That's working as intended. The first time it runs it reduces maximum durability, the second time it runs it reduces current durability, and is why there are two durability settings in the gear tab.

• Fin

Changed the title of the thread from “Fin's AI Tweaks” to “Fin's AI Tweaks (FAIT)”.
  • That's working as intended. The first time it runs it reduces maximum durability, the second time it runs it reduces current durability, and is why there are two durability settings in the gear tab.

Ok, I understand what you're trying to do now, and the problem seems to be the default values have a very low minimum value, especially in the case of scavs. The way your logic works is that final durability can be very low:

The problem is even worse when progressive gear is enabled - almost everyone ends up with weapons in single digit durabilities. So I guess this goes back to the default configuration isn't great.

• Ok, I understand what you're trying to do now, and the problem seems to be the default values have a very low minimum value, especially in the case of scavs. The way your logic works is that final durability can be very low:

The problem is even worse when progressive gear is enabled - almost everyone ends up with weapons in single digit durabilities. So I guess this goes back to the default configuration isn't great.

That's correct, when using progressive gear AI loadouts improve with the player level, so scav weapons will start with ~6% current durability and ~20% maximum, and by the time you're level 20 scav weapons will be around 32 current durability and 50 maximum, with raiders and PMCs gaining durability significantly faster.

• [de02470db397a06824ca58c2][127.0.0.1] /client/game/bot/generate?retry=1

TypeError: Cannot read property '_props' of undefined

at D:\EFT\obj\bundle.js:24246:58

at Array.some (<anonymous>)

at Function.isItemIncompatibleWithCurrentItems (D:\EFT\obj\bundle.js:24246:29)

at Function.generateModsForItem (D:\EFT\obj\bundle.js:24120:27)

at Function.generateModsForItem (D:\EFT\obj\bundle.js:24165:22)

at Function.generateWeapon (D:\EFT\obj\bundle.js:24032:33)

at Function.generateInventory (D:\EFT\obj\bundle.js:23924:22)

at Function.regenBot (D:\EFT\user\mods\zFin-AITweaks\src\mod.js:2456:33)

at Array.pmcScavAlliance (D:\EFT\user\mods\zFin-AITweaks\src\mod.js:1736:19)

at Object.botGen [as botGenerationQueue] (D:\EFT\user\mods\zFin-AITweaks\src\mod.js:4294:69)

error

• That looks like there's a bad item being added. -Try removing all mods except FAIT. If the error continues to occur, then it's a FAIT problem, and you'll need to do the thing I've put in the spoiler below. If the error doesn't occur, however, then you'll need to figure out which mod it's not playing nicely with through trial and error. You can still do the thing in the spoiler below, but I may not be able to do much with it if it's due to a mod conflict.

• Good day,

I've had this idea in my head for a while, hoping to get some feedback and see if it's possible to achieve with your mod(s).

The idea: Upon loading into a map, within a configurable time-window (within 5min?), all AI waves spawn across the map, up to a preset limit (I'm thinking 10-20).

- Spawn points are "randomly" selected and a limited 1-5 bots are spawned at any one location. i.e. Player spawns near the Customs building on Customs: some AI might spawn around the Big Red building, some will spawn across the riverbed, some might spawn at dorms/gas/checkpoint.

- Limit can be configured per map

- Configurable no waves, or, AI waves after a certain time-window and with a configurable distance to the player i.e. Not closer than 500m on large maps.

Would appreciate hearing if any of this is possible.

• While most of these things are possible, FAIT's spawning UI is already more cramped and confusing than I'd prefer it to be, so something like this is better suited to being its own mod.

That said, all of these things save the configurable distance are more or less doable via FAIT's advanced spawn config, though you'd have to set it up to your preference on each individual map.

• Guis please any idea why, when i always apply Any mod in mod fodler it says :

ModLoader: loading mods...

Mod conf is missing package.json

[ERROR] Invalid mod encountered

I am not realy sure what i am missing since i am copying exact folder into mod from downloaded package.

• Are you putting the zip file into the user/mods folder, or extracting the file into the user/mods folder?

The picture I attached is how your user/mods folder should look.

• Getting this error which prevent raid to end as well as hanging up when I close the game and restart it. It takes a server reset to make it work again:

• While most of these things are possible, FAIT's spawning UI is already more cramped and confusing than I'd prefer it to be, so something like this is better suited to being its own mod.

That said, all of these things save the configurable distance are more or less doable via FAIT's advanced spawn config, though you'd have to set it up to your preference on each individual map.

Thanks for the response, Fin. I may have posted too soon. Perhaps it was the changes I made in the Advanced spawn config, but the first time I tried implementing the changes, it spawned everyone in the same zone. This second time around, I simply used your "Immediate" spawn, even distribution, and zone limit parameters and that has done the trick. I'm still tweaking the maximum number, to try and reduce the strain on my PC (I start losing some FPS when everyone is on the map), but it's working great otherwise.

• Im having similar issues tot he guy in the comments....

i retried only with this mod installed.

Any idea how to fix this?

TypeError: Cannot read property '_props' of undefined

at D:\SPTarkov\obj\bundle.js:24247:58

at Array.some (<anonymous>)

at Function.isItemIncompatibleWithCurrentItems (D:\SPTarkov\obj\bundle.js:24247:29)

at Function.generateModsForItem (D:\SPTarkov\obj\bundle.js:24121:27)

at Function.generateWeapon (D:\SPTarkov\obj\bundle.js:24033:33)

at Function.generateInventory (D:\SPTarkov\obj\bundle.js:23925:22)

at Function.generateBot (D:\SPTarkov\obj\bundle.js:17169:34)

at Function.generate (D:\SPTarkov\obj\bundle.js:17194:29)

at Array.generateBots (D:\SPTarkov\user\mods\zzFin-AITweaks\src\mod.js:1474:46)

at Object.botGen [as botGenerationQueue] (D:\SPTarkov\user\mods\zzFin-AITweaks\src\mod.js:4286:64)

• 2 quick question, every time I load up SPT Server with this mod enabled it states that its out of date and may cause unintended consequences, etc. Anything to worry about?

And, secondly, it seems that bosses are never spawning while using this mod and only this mod.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!