SPT Realism Mod

• Thanks for the report. You can also just use one of the point fire keybind or one of the other stance keybinds to fix it, so you're not stuck like that. Please use latest version of the mod, normally I wouldn't support older versions but in this case the bug is still present so thanks :)

• Hey fontaine, have a quick question about tiered traders, I'm having trouble finding the config area for it want to be able to change it or disable it but cant find anything. I might be blind but if you could help thanks, and thank you you for your work.

• I've had a strange issue with the mod going into the latest version. Made 100 sure all my mods were up to date, game version as well. I loaded them where they were supposed to be and launched the game. At first it was working fine but in my first raid i noticed my character's hands were shaking quite a bit. When i engaged my first AI, my entire magazine was emptied after 1 shot, my weapon was shaking rapidly back and forth and the scav was unharmed. Bullets did no damage throughout the entire run (Melee and grenades worked fine though). When i went to check, i believe everything looked fine so i went to load the game again when i noticed error saying that sptrealism.dll was not in the correct folder. I checked and it was there. I'm not sure if maybe i missed something but i was hoping that maybe someone here could shed a little light on my situation. Thank you for the amazing mod, it really has changed the game for me

• There's a feature that I don't know how to disable; with some (But not all) guns, there's a small delay between me clicking and the gun firing, and if I click lightly, the bolt carrier moves back and fowards but doesn't fire. Been looking for hours and wasn't able to disable it; I thought it was Player Strenght Control but nothing I change on that setting seems to have any effect.

Plz help!

• Hey fontaine, have a quick question about tiered traders, I'm having trouble finding the config area for it want to be able to change it or disable it but cant find anything. I might be blind but if you could help thanks, and thank you you for your work.

It's all in the 'Traders & Flea' tab, all options have tooltips explaining what they do.

I've had a strange issue with the mod going into the latest version. Made 100 sure all my mods were up to date, game version as well. I loaded them where they were supposed to be and launched the game. At first it was working fine but in my first raid i noticed my character's hands were shaking quite a bit. When i engaged my first AI, my entire magazine was emptied after 1 shot, my weapon was shaking rapidly back and forth and the scav was unharmed. Bullets did no damage throughout the entire run (Melee and grenades worked fine though). When i went to check, i believe everything looked fine so i went to load the game again when i noticed error saying that sptrealism.dll was not in the correct folder. I checked and it was there. I'm not sure if maybe i missed something but i was hoping that maybe someone here could shed a little light on my situation. Thank you for the amazing mod, it really has changed the game for me

Wrong SPT/EFT/Realism Mod version(s), corrupted SPT install, corrupted Realism install, incorrect config option combos, or conflicting mods. Try reinstalling SPT and Realism Mod, make sure you use the right versions, and try Realism on its own.

There's a feature that I don't know how to disable; with some (But not all) guns, there's a small delay between me clicking and the gun firing, and if I click lightly, the bolt carrier moves back and fowards but doesn't fire. Been looking for hours and wasn't able to disable it; I thought it was Player Strenght Control but nothing I change on that setting seems to have any effect.

Plz help!

That isn't a feature, that's a bug. How hard you click a mouse button doesn't change how it behaves, it just sends a single input unless you hold it. You have some sort of mod conflict or wrong SPT/EFT version.

• Scroll up a little bit....

That's the same error you showed earlier. If the mod is installed and configured correctly, with the right version of SPT that was installed correctly, then it will work. Nothing I can do on my end.

You were 100% right. I wiped everything and started the SPT install from scratch then re-downloaded the Realism Mod and now it works fine. Not sure what I screwed up the first time, but things are working now.

I appreciate the help and guidance and work you put into this mod.

Thanks!

• You were 100% right. I wiped everything and started the SPT install from scratch then re-downloaded the Realism Mod and now it works fine. Not sure what I screwed up the first time, but things are working now.

I appreciate the help and guidance and work you put into this mod.

Thanks!

NP glad it's working now. If you're using auto-installer or downgrader, sometimes it can mess up.

• Fontaine added a new version:

SPT Realism Mod v0.11.1 for SPT AKI 3.6.1 - Now as a fancy .zip file!

NOT compatible with earlier versions of SPT

Fixes:

• Fixed food items and pills being blocked by gear if user drags the item to body part in UI instead of using "Use" in context menu or using a hotkey (y tho).
    • Fixed there being no hipfire recoil/accuracy penalties.
    • Fixed scope and mount accuracy stats affecting accuracy when not aiming.
    • Fixed Horizontal recoil reset ignoring small mouse movements if horizontal reset is enabled.
    • Fixed UMP having huge recoil.
    • Fixed malfunction durability threshold not being calculated correctly, and increased the reduction of malfunction chance if durability is above this threshold.
    • Fixed patrol stance not working.
    • Fixed stances not resetting after dying in a stance. Let me know if this persists. A fix is to manually toggle any stance using a keybind.

Tweaks & Minor Changes:

• Various weapon stat tweaks: Buffed AKM-pattern & MP9 recoil angles, Reduced AKM-pattern rifle camera and rearward recoil, buffed AK-74 pattern +G36 + SCAR-L vertical recoil, made SCAR-H more snappy, made MP7s smoother, reduced Vectors' dispersion/spread, made RFB and M1A worse, lowered AUG rearward recoil, increased AR-15 pattern vertical recoil.
    • Pistols now have less recoil climb and have their own config option for recoil climb. Keep in mind it is intended that you pull down and back up with pistols. You will get what is perceived as high camera recoil if you do not attempt to control the recoil due to the camera following the recoil climb and resetting. If vertical reset is disabled for hybrid recoil or in general then this perceived cam recoil will be gone, or simply try to control the recoil.
    • Reworked how boosters work. Rather than having reduced stats if not attached to a short AK, now their base stats are low but will increase if attached to any short barrel in an appropriate rifle calibre. Specifically their malfunction reduction, firerate modifier and durability burn will increase. Now the Troy Claymore, PWS, and KX3 count as boosters. In addition, the base malfunction chance of short AKs if no booster is attached has been massively reduced.
    • Mounting and bracing will now increase weapon accuracy as well as reduce sway + recoil.
    • Subsonic ammo malfunction chance is now modified by the weapon's total attachment malfunction stat modifiers whereas previously only the PBS suppressors had any effect. Also reduced the malfunction chance of subsonic ammo without the PBS suppressors. While the PBS suppressors do the best job, any suppressor or booster will make subsonic ammo perform somewhat more reliably.
    • Reduced the strength of all hearing protection.
  • Subsonic ammo malfunction chance is now modified by the weapon's total attachment malfunction stat modifiers whereas previously only the PBS suppressors had any effect. Also reduced the malfunction chance of subsonic ammo without the PBS suppressors. While the PBS suppressors do the best job, any suppressor or booster will make subsonic ammo perform somewhat more reliably.

This, I loaded into a raid with US sub ammo on AKM with a can on it, it wouldn't fire more than 1-3 bullets. thought this was really odd.

On this note, is there a way to update, and keep any settings i already have changed or will i need to copy my settings file and replace it, or manually return all values myself? I'm assuming the latter, as well as clarifying via your instructions, should i mass delete healing items and potentially pre-built weapons? or am i misunderstanding that i can just delete old Realism files, install new ones and it will adjust everything appropriately. meaning i don't need to take a listed inventory of items, delete them, and re-give them to myself via AKI editor after updating the mod to continue current progress on an account with updated Realism.

• I keep getting errors like this every time i load into raid and/or exit or die
    "Realism Mod: Failed To Find Custom Preset For Bot sptbear At Tier 2

Weapon 576165642459773c7a400233 was generated incorrectly, falling back to weapon preset see error above

Realism Mod: Failed To Find Custom Preset For Bot followergluharassault At Tier 1

Weapon 57c44b372459772d2b39b8ce was generated incorrectly, falling back to weapon preset see error above

Realism Mod: Failed To Find Custom Preset For Bot followergluharassault At Tier 1

Weapon 57c44b372459772d2b39b8ce was generated incorrectly, falling back to weapon preset see error above

Weapon 5ac66d725acfc43b321d4b60 was generated incorrectly, falling back to weapon preset see error above"

I'm not sure if this is it but I think this error is causing me to freeze every time i die or go to extract, I don't know what setting in the mod would fix this, I've reinstalled the mod a couple times.

Edited once, last by Arkoda ().

• The error is telling you what's happening and that it's resolving by selecting to default weapon preset. This has nothing to do with freezing on death, that's an issue on your end with the other mods you have installed.

This, I loaded into a raid with US sub ammo on AKM with a can on it, it wouldn't fire more than 1-3 bullets. thought this was really odd.

On this note, is there a way to update, and keep any settings i already have changed or will i need to copy my settings file and replace it, or manually return all values myself? I'm assuming the latter, as well as clarifying via your instructions, should i mass delete healing items and potentially pre-built weapons? or am i misunderstanding that i can just delete old Realism files, install new ones and it will adjust everything appropriately. meaning i don't need to take a listed inventory of items, delete them, and re-give them to myself via AKI editor after updating the mod to continue current progress on an account with updated Realism.

It isn't odd, it's supposed to fail to cycle every other round due to being subsonic in a calibre not designed to be subsonic. I just modified the chances and made other suppressors also lower the chance.

Just reinstall the mod by deleting the existing realism mod files. No, you shouldn't delete inventory items.....

Edited once, last by Fontaine ().

• Hello, I've got a problem with your mod not spawning bots. I've deleted your mods files in the three separate locations(config,user,mods etc) at least twice now and even tried a version back from the most up to date and the problem of the bots not spawning persists. I made sure in your config program that PMC changes was disabled and still nothing happens. I didn't have this problem when I was on 3.6.0 so I'm not exactly sure what has changed. Here is the error that was generated in the AKI console:

The current mods I have in the mod folder and plugins are:

I don't see anything amongst them that would get in the way. I am aware you need to disable the PMC setting in your config program for sain(?) but otherwise I'm at a loss for words. I'm hoping I won't waste your time but I'm also hoping its something silly and easy I can fix because I don't think I live without this mod working as its become pretty integral for my SPT experience. :(

• The first thing to do is to try the mod by itself without any other mods installed, redownload and reinstall the mod making sure it's the right version for your version of SPT, and then try to reinstall SPT

• The first thing to do is to try the mod by itself without any other mods installed, redownload and reinstall the mod making sure it's the right version for your version of SPT, and then try to reinstall SPT

I've tested your mod on its own with nothing other than the clutter/grass remover mod. Everything worked perfectly fine; the bots spawned in on factory etc. Going to reinstall them one by one and see what conflicts. Going to try SAIN next because I suspect that might be the problem.

-edit

I've found the mod that was triggering the bots to not spawn. Its Algorithmic Level Progression

It looked at first like it was because I had replaced pre-existing files with new ones rather than deleting everything and starting fresh but this mod seems to conflict when all these mods are enabled. Shame it looked rather interesting. Apologies Fontaine and thanks for your help.

• Realism has all the features of Algorithmic Level Progression and more except for weapons from mods., ALP seems to be an attempt at a spinoff of Realism's bot changes. There's absolutely no reason to use it on top of Realism but you can disable all of Realism's bot changes to make it somewhat compatible.

• It isn't odd, it's supposed to fail to cycle every other round due to being subsonic in a calibre not designed to be subsonic. I just modified the chances and made other suppressors also lower the chance.

Yes, but i did have a suppressor. I suppose it was just the wrong kind, perhaps too large of suppressor to give enough backpressure in the gas tube to cycle properly, this is pre your new update. i'll install the update and see how it works out. thanks for the fantastic mod btw!
    I am still having some slight issues with the ADS being buggy from 'active' making it worse than default gun stance in aim speed, I tried resetting the bepinex as you directed me previously in a thread elsewhere but it didn't change the way the gun is rotating too hard. essentially all poses when you right click, flail around as they move to center, but it's path is always from middle right of the screen as if ADS causes the PMC hands to jerk from pose back to default pose and ADS from there. i'll try to get a video sometime to show if it doesn't correct itself with the update.

• Fontaine added a new version:

SPT Realism Mod v0.11.2 for SPT AKI 3.6.1

NOT compatible with earlier versions of SPT

Fixes:

• Fixed arms going crazy after sprinting if hipfiring under certain circumstances.
    • Fixed player weight/comfort not being correctly factored when dropping and picking up items.

Tweaks & Minor Changes:

• Various minor stat changes to weapons.
    • Remove mouse penalty option from config app. Now by default armor and gear does not have a mouse penalty stat, but the weight of gear as modified by the comfort stat will give a mouse penalty. So not only the weight of the gear itself, but items contained inside the tac rig and bag are also factored. This can be disabled with the in-game F12 config menu.
    • Buffed the impact of attachment dispersion stats on recoil. It makes the S pattern happen faster which effectively shortens the width of it, and it slightly increases recoil angle closer to 90 degrees straight up.
    • Redid hipfire stat to better take into account the weapon's ergo and recoil stats.
    • Smoothened dismounting from cover if not moving, and made it so you can mount when not aiming as well.
    • Significantly reduced the malf chance increase of several attachments and magazines.
    • Increased spawn chance of Mosin on PMCs and Scavs, moved Mosin Infantry to LL2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!