Fin's AI Tweaks (FAIT)

• To add to this, I tested a few raids and i found that the only AI that spawn are bosses, I tried about 10 raids in total, in customs, woods, and factory and after the first raid of a session, i only found the bosses and their guards in the following raids, but no other AI, I even went to every POI on Woods and found no one else (apart from shturman and his guards in saw mill), i did find a fix, although it is pretty annoying, which is to restart the server after one raid.

yeah also the server is basically Showing "AI Spawned: .. Boss", and thats it. Tried in 3 Raids so far. Deadzone except bosses.

• Great to see you back, Fin. Can't wait to try this mod. I wanted to ask, does this address anything with bots and lasers/IR? I've been asking around to see if anyone's made a mod to fix that weirdness and FAIT seems well-suited. Basically lasers act like infinite-range flashlights for bots; in pitch blackness if their laser touches you - even from 300m away - they'll spot the player and open fire. Which is dumb.

Also, IR lights/lasers: I've done limited testing but from what I've seen, it appears as though bots can see player IR light and IR lasers whether they have NVG's on or not, which kinda makes them pointless to use.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

• Fin added a new version:

Fin

Version 1.25.2 for AKI 3.5.x

1.25.2 - (March 25, 2023)

• Fix for bots not spawning after the first raid
  • Hi Fin, its great to see you again ) Is it bad that i have yellow errors(non-crititacl) about "CODJUICE isnt in cache of base items", same with special Zero weigh car battery. COD was turned off for sure.

As far as I can tell it doesn't cause any issues, it's just annoying. It's on the list of things to fix if I can find the time, though with how long it took to track down just the spawn bug (And even then the fix is sloppy, and I mean to refine it) I'm not sure when that'll be.

• Great to see you back, Fin. Can't wait to try this mod. I wanted to ask, does this address anything with bots and lasers/IR? I've been asking around to see if anyone's made a mod to fix that weirdness and FAIT seems well-suited. Basically lasers act like infinite-range flashlights for bots; in pitch blackness if their laser touches you - even from 300m away - they'll spot the player and open fire. Which is dumb.

Also, IR lights/lasers: I've done limited testing but from what I've seen, it appears as though bots can see player IR light and IR lasers whether they have NVG's on or not, which kinda makes them pointless to use.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

It does not, I'm afraid, though I believe there's a value in the AI settings that appears to increase the distance at which bots can see you when you have a light activated. No idea if it actually does anything, though, a number of values are misleading and / or have changed / lost their function since I first made this mod, because BSG codes in ways alarmingly similar to my own chaotic 'style'.

Edit: Found the suspect value, it's called "ENEMY_LIGHT_ADD". Again, don't know if it *does* anything, but in my old notes I used to suspect it made you easier to see when you had a light activated.

Edited once, last by Fin ().

• Hi, wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having where only Bear PMCs will spawn, no USECs. I have done a bit of tweaking the settings since first installing but nothing major and all the other tweaks still work fine. Since first installation I've not had a single USEC pmc spawn. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I also just changed my version to the default one from this page and still have the issue of no USEC pmc's spawning. I also tried turning 'All PMCs are BEARs' off, and tried turning them both off and still no change.

Also this screenshot shows that when I load a game none of the listed bot spawns are for USEC and all that spawns throughout the game are BEAR.

Edited 3 times, last by Eliws ().

• Hi, wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having where only Bear PMCs will spawn, no USECs. I have done a bit of tweaking the settings since first installing but nothing major and all the other tweaks still work fine. Since first installation I've not had a single USEC pmc spawn. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I also just changed my version to the default one from this page and still have the issue of no USEC pmc's spawning. I also tried turning 'All PMCs are BEARs' off, and tried turning them both off and still no change.

Also this screenshot shows that when I load a game none of the listed bot spawns are for USEC and all that spawns throughout the game are BEAR.

I can confirm, also not running any other AI affecting Mod, yet all my PMC's are bears. Did the same config changes like you tried

also, that big Bunch of errors come up when trying to create Bots. I somehow believe not being able to get the right gears, it just wont spawn that bot. Works flawless for Bots, Bears, but USEC Gears throw these exceptions

Edited once, last by Frizzle ().

• Good Evening I'm running into an issue with Finn's AI Tweaks where it will throw me an error when I have KMC Weapons installed.

I have KMC CORE, GEAR, and Weapons installed. I removed KMC weapons and had no other issues with AI Tweaks loading up and got no errors. I still had KMC Core and GEAR together. However, when I re-add KMC Weapons, the error comes back. any Idea of what could be causing this? I do have a screenshot of the error if needed.

Note: there was an issue with KMC Core not starting but I resolved that by deleting a line of code as told to me via Discord. so it's not that. (it involved a trader and durability line of 60 etc just in case this is brought up)

• Hi Fin, its great to see you again ) Is it bad that i have yellow errors(non-crititacl) about "CODJUICE isnt in cache of base items", same with special Zero weigh car battery. COD was turned off for sure.

I can confirm, also not running any other AI affecting Mod, yet all my PMC's are bears. Did the same config changes like you tried

also, that big Bunch of errors come up when trying to create Bots. I somehow believe not being able to get the right gears, it just wont spawn that bot. Works flawless for Bots, Bears, but USEC Gears throw these exceptions

I also have both of these, the codjuice one hasn't affected anything as far as I can tell, but the USEC PMCs one has not allowed me to complete some quests.

At first I thought it was that the mod changed the spawn ratios for whatever reason, but seeing as other people are having this error, I changed my settings and went into a factory raid with bots turned up and noticed that usecs still didn't spawn.

• Good Evening I'm running into an issue with Finn's AI Tweaks where it will throw me an error when I have KMC Weapons installed.

I have KMC CORE, GEAR, and Weapons installed. I removed KMC weapons and had no other issues with AI Tweaks loading up and got no errors. I still had KMC Core and GEAR together. However, when I re-add KMC Weapons, the error comes back. any Idea of what could be causing this? I do have a screenshot of the error if needed.

Note: there was an issue with KMC Core not starting but I resolved that by deleting a line of code as told to me via Discord. so it's not that. (it involved a trader and durability line of 60 etc just in case this is brought up)

I have also tried running this mod, but have only managed to get kmc core working,

• I also have both of these, the codjuice one hasn't affected anything as far as I can tell, but the USEC PMCs one has not allowed me to complete some quests.

At first I thought it was that the mod changed the spawn ratios for whatever reason, but seeing as other people are having this error, I changed my settings and went into a factory raid with bots turned up and noticed that usecs still didn't spawn.

Fin stated that these mod errors can appear as warnings and arent breaking anything.

nevertheless i tried different MODs now and got USECS and Bears spawned with better SpawnPlus.

As much as I like the tweaking from Fin, this stops from completing quests so .. unlucky i guess

• I can confirm I only get Bears to spawn as well. tried to debug it best I can but no idea. Logic was saying it was working to spawn Usecs but always changed to Bears.

Also I have Goons in every single raid. Woods and Customs they tend to legit wipe the map if bigpipe spawns with an AGS and I for some reason get credit for those kills. Probably more than a mod thing I assume.

Disabled the map debug logging "//purge this later" in mod.ts since it was driving me nuts seeing if I could pinpoint the pmc issue.

• hey uhh so all pmcs are bears, any fix for this, it only started happening when I installed this

I can confirm I only get Bears to spawn as well. tried to debug it best I can but no idea. Logic was saying it was working to spawn Usecs but always changed to Bears.

Also I have Goons in every single raid. Woods and Customs they tend to legit wipe the map if bigpipe spawns with an AGS and I for some reason get credit for those kills. Probably more than a mod thing I assume.

Disabled the map debug logging "//purge this later" in mod.ts since it was driving me nuts seeing if I could pinpoint the pmc issue.

Something must be conflicting with FAIT on you guys' end, USECs are spawning for me. What other mods are you using?

• Something must be conflicting with FAIT on you guys' end, USECs are spawning for me. What other mods are you using?

I'm using a few others but nothing to mess with AI. when I remove FAIT it works fine and I have USECs spawning again. Normally I use KMC Server Value Modifier but I disable bots or let FAIT override it. So far swapping back to using just KMC and setting the bots spawn chance how I want I get good results.

Had issues with FAIT and first raids but I'm also annoyed I have Goons every time it seems. I added debuging and it tries to spawn a Usec and the code seems to work but it ends up defaulting to Bears. I can retest and run a few raids see if it's only the first raid or all. Try to disable all but this mod again and see. I assume this version might have conflicts with the latest AKI spawning methods maybe. Stuff does tend to change so simple code might change completely between major versions. Either way it is working mostly so no complaints there.

I'm sure if I setup a debug environment I could help figure this out and take some weight off Fin's back. I compared code since last and not much has changed.

• I'm using a few others but nothing to mess with AI. when I remove FAIT it works fine and I have USECs spawning again. Normally I use KMC Server Value Modifier but I disable bots or let FAIT override it. So far swapping back to using just KMC and setting the bots spawn chance how I want I get good results.

Had issues with FAIT and first raids but I'm also annoyed I have Goons every time it seems. I added debuging and it tries to spawn a Usec and the code seems to work but it ends up defaulting to Bears. I can retest and run a few raids see if it's only the first raid or all. Try to disable all but this mod again and see. I assume this version might have conflicts with the latest AKI spawning methods maybe. Stuff does tend to change so simple code might change completely between major versions. Either way it is working mostly so no complaints there.

I'm sure if I setup a debug environment I could help figure this out and take some weight off Fin's back. I compared code since last and not much has changed.

im gonna be honest dude I gave up and got SWAG with Nooky's custom presets, its good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!