Fin's AI Tweaks (FAIT)

• [snip]
    FIN - If I'm wrong in my explanation, I apologize. This is simply how I understand it and it seems to give me the results I want in the game.

Nope, you pretty much got it, I think.

[snip]

3) Okay I think I understand this setting more now, correct me if I am wrong here but from my understanding it means the AI are 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x more likely to wear this armour compared to the default? The default is 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, and I changed my config for Scavs to 2, 3, 1, 1, 3, 2, I don't like Scavs having class 4 & higher armour and I think class 3 armour as the maximum is perfect for them and I might of copied what you said but I just want to make sure ^^

You did it right, but 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1 would make a bit more sense, just since, if you've already limited scavs to only having class 2-3 armor via the "Min and Max armor class available" setting, they won't be affected by the last three numbers anyways.

Also, just to note, but 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1 is setting the chance of getting (Currently nonesistant) class 1 armor to 2x. If you wanted class 2 armor to be 2x, and class 3 to be 3x, you'd want to set it to 1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1

As you assumed it's the latter: I've disabled GearChange for the time.

And yes I got some other mods, but none that touch gear or AI. I'll try later with just FAIT to be sure though.

I believe I've solved your issue, there was a weird problem with the order some functions occurred in that could cause issues. I need to do a little more testing, but when 1.19.1f comes out, the fix will be included. Should be tomorrow, hopefully!

• Sorry to necro the bots spawning with wrong armor problem, but I still seem to be experiencing it.
    Did a testing run with no mods enabled other than AI Tweaks and this config (Scavs using 1-3 tier armor and PMCs using 4-6 armor), I counted at least 4 Scavs using tier 4+ (two rigs, one t4 armor, one Slick) and two Bears using tier 2 armor, all wearing the correct armbands. Behaviour changes are disabled since I read that somewhere else in the thread.

• Sorry to necro the bots spawning with wrong armor problem, but I still seem to be experiencing it.
    Did a testing run with no mods enabled other than AI Tweaks and this config (Scavs using 1-3 tier armor and PMCs using 4-6 armor), I counted at least 4 Scavs using tier 4+ (two rigs, one t4 armor, one Slick) and two Bears using tier 2 armor, all wearing the correct armbands. Behaviour changes are disabled since I read that somewhere else in the thread.

For some reason I seem to have reintroduced a very old bug. Looking into this now, there should be a patch that addresses whatever is causing this shortly.

Edit: It should be fixed now.

Edited 2 times, last by Fin ().

• For some reason I seem to have reintroduced a very old bug. Looking into this now, there should be a patch that addresses whatever is causing this shortly.

Edit: It should be fixed now.

Thanks for the super quick reply and fix, seems to be all good now. Appreciate your work with this mod!

• Getting an infinite "profile data loading" screen.

It might be due to a combination of mods, including Lua's SpawnRework - Reborn and zincoman's config/pattern changes for both of your mods.

I will inform them as well, since this could be a multi-layered problem where it requires several things to be happening at once.

• Hello!

I just downloaded this and messed with some of the settings but when I load into game and go on a map, the AI that should be friendly were targeting me. Scavs would target me as a Scav without me having killed them first and same with USEC.

Is this a setting I toggled or something else going on.

• As a PMC there are no friendly PMCs period.

As a SCAV they shouldn't be targetting you immediately unless maybe you have really low SCAV Karma?

I'm not exactly sure how SCAV karma works in SPT.

FIN will answer you though.. they're really awesome that way with helping out the fans!

• Hello!

I just downloaded this and messed with some of the settings but when I load into game and go on a map, the AI that should be friendly were targeting me. Scavs would target me as a Scav without me having killed them first and same with USEC.

Is this a setting I toggled or something else going on.

...Oops. -Looks like I missed the ping about your question, my bad. If UprootedSeeker hadn't posted a new one I might not have noticed that, either.

Anyways, I believe this is tied in to behaviour changes being enabled. -It switches the kind of AI they are to a kind that's not set up to be friendly to players, so disabling that might fix the issue, however friendly AI is an incredibly weird subject that it's hard to say anything definite about, particularly when it comes to friendly / hostile PMCs.

• Sorry, I think I posted this on the wrong page. Can I modify AI detection ranges or chances without changing any other AI parameters?

Nevermind. I got it. I'm actually blind.

Edited once, last by Nyghtrid3r: I'm an idiot. ().

• Fin added a new version:

Fin

FAIT 1.19.3 for AKI 2.0.X

Speculative PMC spawning fixes

• A handful of internal changes have been made based on user feedback, that may help fix the issues some users have experienced where PMCs can fail to spawn
    • Certain error messages have been made less aggressive
    • Minor internal streamlining of the bot generation alterations
  • You need to extract the file presented when you click download, NOT copy/paste the zip file.

1) Click on the version of the mod you want (sometimes a previous version has different features you like)
    2) Click "Go To Link" on the pop up
    3) Click download in top left
    4) Open with your zip software (7zip is the best one to use do to fewest problems IIRC)
    5) Extract the folder into the user/mods folder in your SPT file

• Got a server warning after updating.

To make sure, I installed the previous version of Tweaks and didn't get the error.

Oops. You can ignore that, that's some testing code I left in that runs a trial bot generation upon loading the mod. It doesn't do anything or go anywhere, it was just for debugging.

• I can't be sure without seeing inside the folder, but it looks like you made a new folder for FAIT. -That shouldn't be necessary, the archive you downloaded should be opened and the folder inside extracted into your mods directory, so that when your file structure looks like this:

user/mods/zFin-AITweaks/[A bunch of files and folders]

• Why does your file type for Fin's say .001?

What is a .001 file and why isn't it just in a normal folder like it was original zipped as when you downloaded it?

• Fin added a new version:

Fin
  • Hello, i've been using this mod and i wanted to ask if there are some better settings for killa / ai in general. I use 2.1.0 spt-aki.

Killa is like a machine, i can't even see him and get absolutely beamed across the world. I wanted to ask if there's something wrong with my settings or if killa got updated and buffed this much.

I used to play EFT live and almost finished the 100 killa kills, but i don't remember him being like this, at all.

Can anyone help me out? Perhaps there are some settings i can tweak so i can make ai match live?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!