SPT Realism Mod

• While I didn't encounter as many rogues as I was sure to make sure they had vanilla spawning behavior, I did feel like the mid to higher level PMCs generally had really high quality ammo and headgear, loot and medical injectors. To the point where it felt like looting anything except barter items was kind of pointless when I could just find some PMCs to farm. Every other PMC I killed was wearing a vulkan with a shield which vendors for insane amounts. In online tarkov, you never find medical injectors on PMCs because its in their secure, and people rarely run faceshields. tbh I have not even noticed the bots use the injectors so I'm not even sure why they spawn on them. I had to go through the loadouts and lower the weighting on a lot of better gear and remove some items from the loot pool. Although I was already rich from the spoils at that point so it didn't really matter.

Are you playing with hardcore flea, tiered flea, and randomized traders? With med changes? Are you using other mods that might be messing with bot loadouts? The mod is balanced around all the mechanics that have been added. It'd probably be pretty easy if those features were disabled. I'm not trying to make the bots or PMCs mimic real players, but instead make a single player experience, so it doesn't make sense to me to not give them items on the basis that it'd be in their containers. I tried to give them stims that aren't that great, like propitol is rare. Vulkans on Bear PMCs have a 1 in 37 chance or something like that, I don't see how that every other Bear could have one? In my testing I rarely seem them, like I've been spawning bots into Factory in horde mode without weapons to do armor testing and I've yet to see one.

Tbh the high player level rogues are kinda insane, by level 33 they're using almost entirely heavy THOR armor, airframes and up armored opscores, hk416s, SCAR-Hs and there's at least 12-15 of them spawning.

In general I kinda feel the loadouts could be toned down a bit for the high levels. Why not an optional alt loadout system where the bots (PMC specifically) only use specific barter preset guns and more bare bones headwear(less visors and extra armor), so to better encourage looting and leveling trader, so you can't just find insanely tricked out guns and uparmored helmets everywhere, while the rogues could use their base tarkov line up but progressively start using their better stuff like their SCARs and hk416s, and maybe just in general tone the raiders down more to russian surp gear and guns.

Rogues have a 1 in 23 chance of having Thor's, not sure how you're seeing them with lots of them, maybe I could make them even more rare but in my testing I'd rarely ever see one, I don't think I remember even seeing one. SCARs and 416s aren't any better than any other AR really. In terms of attachments, they get better with each tier, but noting crazy (and attachments aren't a big deal in Realism mod). In this mod all ARs will perform more-or-less the same generally, and a stock 416 with a scope won't be that disadvantaged vs. a fully modded 416.

It's really hard to balance a mod around feedback, because I've no idea if people are using the flea and trader options, med changes, what difficulty they have bots on, if they have other mods interfering with bot loadouts (has happened a lot), etc. and even then I get told the same things are too easy or too hard, too much or too little. Then there's a wide range of skill level too :/

Best I can do is try to get to high levels in a playthrough myself and look out to see if the bot loot is too good or not.

• I probably should have been more specific, the rogues had 2-3 thors max(2/10 mind you), but that's still a lot, the Big issue ive been having with the mid to high levels is the guns and gear have started being extremely HIGH price fully kitted out items(im not using loadout mods at all). Its just getting a bit redundant to even level traders when you hit lvl 30 and everyone has tricked out to the max guns, top tier armor and bags along with visored opscores and stuff, you might as well just farm bots for gear is the issue I've had.

Level 30-35 is way way before you could even max a trader out, imo a solution would be some revisions to loadouts or change the level tiers begin.

• I probably should have been more specific, the rogues had 2-3 thors max(2/10 mind you), but that's still a lot, the Big issue ive been having with the mid to high levels is the guns and gear have started being extremely HIGH price fully kitted out items(im not using loadout mods at all). Its just getting a bit redundant to even level traders when you hit lvl 30 and everyone has tricked out to the max guns, top tier armor and bags along with visored opscores and stuff, you might as well just farm bots for gear is the issue I've had.

Level 30-35 is way way before you could even max a trader out, imo a solution would be some revisions to loadouts or change the level tiers begin.

Hmm 2-3 seems too high, maybe it was just lucky RNG? The vision for the mod long-term is that PvE is rewarded with loot, and traders and flea market aren't reliable sources of gear (hence the trader and flea changes). I hope to add mechanics that will nerf world loot too.

You can change the tier odds in the config, so you could have tier 4 bots only appear at lvl 35+ if you wanted. I wasn't sure when to set the end game, I've no idea what the average level people get to is so that would be good to know too. I could add another 1 or 2 level brackets up to lvl 40 or something

• Hello,

as you suggested I am reporting it here

in attachment screenshots of the error, in-game settings and the application

list of mods:

- ACOG4Life-OpticRework

- Faupi-MunitionsExpert 1.7.0

- JoshMate-BetterBackpacks

- CONFIGURE AI VOICES by Mighty_Condor

- ModularNVG

- ODT-ItemInfo-3.1.3

- SamSwat Weapons - FAMAS, L85A2, M1014, Vepr12

- SamSwat Optics - C79A2, Holosun HS507C, Leupold DEVO, PKAS, SUSAT

Beepinx:

- kmyuhkyuk-GamePanelHUD

- Kobrakon-Adrenaline

- Amands Graphics

- FovFix

- Uniform Aim + compatibility

- Visceral Ragdolls

- SamSwat - FireSupport, Reflex Sights Rework, WatchAnims

• Uniform Aim, Greg is working on updating the compatibility patch

• Hmm 2-3 seems too high, maybe it was just lucky RNG? The vision for the mod long-term is that PvE is rewarded with loot, and traders and flea market aren't reliable sources of gear (hence the trader and flea changes). I hope to add mechanics that will nerf world loot too.

You can change the tier odds in the config, so you could have tier 4 bots only appear at lvl 35+ if you wanted. I wasn't sure when to set the end game, I've no idea what the average level people get to is so that would be good to know too. I could add another 1 or 2 level brackets up to lvl 40 or something

I was wondering about this... how feasible is it to make the brackets configurable level wise? I know we can edit bot tier chances for the level brackets specified as of now, but is it possible on your end to make it so we can configure when the level brackets begin and end?

• The armor section has disappeared from the description :( Please add it if it doesn't make it difficult.

https://prnt.sc/OBSUdaN3mANw

eNTOZBz.png

I was wondering about this... how feasible is it to make the brackets configurable level wise? I know we can edit bot tier chances for the level brackets specified as of now, but is it possible on your end to make it so we can configure when the level brackets begin and end?

It'd be a lot easier to just add more brackets than make the level ranges themselves configurable

• Are you playing with hardcore flea, tiered flea, and randomized traders? With med changes? Are you using other mods that might be messing with bot loadouts? The mod is balanced around all the mechanics that have been added. It'd probably be pretty easy if those features were disabled. I'm not trying to make the bots or PMCs mimic real players, but instead make a single player experience, so it doesn't make sense to me to not give them items on the basis that it'd be in their containers. I tried to give them stims that aren't that great, like propitol is rare. Vulkans on Bear PMCs have a 1 in 37 chance or something like that, I don't see how that every other Bear could have one? In my testing I rarely seem them, like I've been spawning bots into Factory in horde mode without weapons to do armor testing and I've yet to see one.

I'll be the first to admit the way I like to play SPT is probably unlike most, but I'm not sure that entirely invalidates my opinion, but take it as you will. I like to take things slow, I dislike jumping ahead and taking shortcuts, and I dislike free loot (I created a fork of immersive raids just to delete corpses I did not kill)

I do not have any mods that change bot loadouts or traders, only the way in which they spawn in.

To be honest, I tried the trader changes and got frustrated after bandaids and other basic items were sold out 5 times in a row. I understand what you are going for here, but I do not think the entire trader stock availability should be randomized. I also encountered some kind of bug where traders were charging 4-6x the base price for ammo, making some low to average tier ammo cost over 1000 rubles a round. And then later on I found out I could buy helmets and other gear from the flea for cheap and sell them back to ragman for profit (don't ask me how that works no idea). Ultimately decided it conflicted too much with my playstyle and turned it off

As for the flea, very early on I decided I would not be buying equipment and barters from the flea, and to never sell anything on it. It works fine for live, but feels a bit too cheesy for me in SPT.

I also turned off the med changes. As a newer tarkov player they were quite confusing at first (I barely understood how normal meds worked) but I've since learned and now I understand. I do plan to give them another try at some point, but at the time being it was just another variable that I did not want to deal with.

I guess its impossible to balance with so many options and playstyles, and if you intend for everything to be enabled that is fair, but maybe my input still has value. I am a major supporter of end user configuration.

To help you understand my perspective, here is what has accumulated in my stash over the past week or two

With a conservative estimate, 90% of that is is from PMCs or Scavs, and it would likely be more if I didn't intervein and make changes myself. I also vendor all of my morphine. While morphine is meh in vanilla, it is still worth 15-16k to the trader. This is a theme with all injectors, there is about ~4.4m in vendor value alone in this screenshot.

As for the Vulkan, I just looked into it again and perhaps I was unlucky, but 1/37 (or roughly 3%) does not seem to match up to what I see in game and in the data. Now, I can't claim to know exactly how your weighting system works, but based on my basic programming knowledge and experience with other similar systems, I estimate that level 3 bears have about a 15% chance to spawn with a vulkan, and lvl 4 bears have a 6% chance (based on v0.6.5 for SPT v3.4.1)

Again, I understand my experience is highly subjective and I certainly don't expect you to change anything based off of it, but perhaps some of it is useful in some form.

• Hmm 2-3 seems too high, maybe it was just lucky RNG? The vision for the mod long-term is that PvE is rewarded with loot, and traders and flea market aren't reliable sources of gear (hence the trader and flea changes). I hope to add mechanics that will nerf world loot too.

tbh it might be good to add another tier or two up to level 50 or higher, that might sound a bit extreme, but this new update alone added something like 20 quests that're far far down the quest trees, it just feels kinda blah to not even get half way through the prapor and mechanic quests and already have top tier gear AI, but that's just my opinion. There's also now the daily quests, some which can drop like 30,000 xp sometimes, in general its way quicker to level than progress traders now days in spt.

• Is there no way to completely disable passive aiming? Even though the key bind is not right mouse button, pressing right mouse button to ADS normally triggers passive aiming

• Speaking of the rogues, im level 33, so I went in with a godmode mod and wiped the whole plant 3 times for a headcount average. On average there is at least 15 and at most 20 rogues in the plant. Not just on the turrets, but patrolling the office ground floors and the inner yard, its like completely impossible to do ANY of the waste plant quests by that level anymore, as its simply impossible to take out all of them or even get past them to do a quest, as they pretty much patrol all the ground areas and have enough guys to cover every turret.

I'm not even using the higher spawn cap from settings, and ran into 20 rogues

Mind you this is my opinion on it all based on what I saw, I have no ai mods.

Is it the openzone tweaks making them do patrols in the court yard, its honestly what's mainly making it so much harder.

Edited 3 times, last by rrrrrrrrr ().

• I just noticed that you capped the PMC's level to 50, in your Loadout, which makes it impossible to complete the Trophy Task from Peacekeeper, where you have to hand in 20 level 50+ dogtags of both USEC and BEAR.

• Is there no way to completely disable passive aiming? Even though the key bind is not right mouse button, pressing right mouse button to ADS normally triggers passive aiming

You do it automatically if you have a faceshield down or NVG + optic. You can disable faceshield blocking ADS or just don't ADS when using a faceshield.

The problem with Rogues in 3.5.0 is they take a looooong time to spawn, if you spawn nearby you probably have a about 5 mins to get in and out. I can maybe lower their spawns a small bit.

Ammo getting super expensive has been fixed, you're not using an old version of the mod are you?

Also, I don' t know how to take feedback saying it's too hard/expensive to buy items from traders so they disabled that feature but then find it too easy to get loot off of PMCs. I can't balance the mod against all possible config options, it's balanced around all the default options. I can look into toning down the stim chances on PMCs, but something like Arenaline and Morphine is vital if using the med changes. If you find the PMCs too easy to farm I recommend turning up the difficulty in the config or using a mod like POOP and configuring them to be hard.

My vision is for traders and the flea to be expensive and unreliable, and map loot to be a lot less common, and for PvE to be the main source of loot. To that end, ideally the AI would be very difficult.

The prices of things in SPT is based on live where what's valuable or isn't makes 0 sense realistically speaking, or even just with the changes I've made (like golden star). I'm not at a point where I can afford to manually change the cost of most items in the game, it's way too much of a time sink. If someone out there makes a mod to change the prices according to Realism's balance that would be great. Maybe for now I can lower the money you get from traders.

The JSON you shared is from an old version of the mod....tier 3 bears can't even spawn with the Vulkan anymore.....

I just noticed that you capped the PMC's level to 50, in your Loadout, which makes it impossible to complete the Trophy Task from Peacekeeper, where you have to hand in 20 level 50+ dogtags of both USEC and BEAR.

I'll increase it to 60 for next version

Edited 2 times, last by Fontaine ().

• There's a few ways to fix the rogues, the main issue is there's a lot, but they're also laser accurate and all fire full auto with suppressed guns. So you could take either route, make them dumber or decrease the amount

I WILL STATE, it is entirely possible to wipe all 20 without godmode, and i did do it yesterday, but you need to be extremely smart about it.

Edited 2 times, last by rrrrrrrrr ().

• There's a few ways to fix the rogues, the main issue is there's a lot, but they're also laser accurate and all fire full auto with suppressed guns. So you could take either route, make them dumber or decrease the amount

I WILL STATE, it is entirely possible to wipe all 20 without godmode, and i did do it yesterday, but you need to be extremely smart about it.

I'll reduce their spawns a bit

• I have a couple notes on mods and attachments here. Please don't take them as criticism, I genuinely just want the best mod for SPT to be even better :)

- Should Primary Arms Compact Mount (5c1cdd302e221602b3137250) include all other ACOG style scopes like Trijicon TA51 sight mount (59db7eed86f77461f8380365) and vise versa? Why it has -10 accuracy while TA51 has none?

- Why AK-74M/AK-100 Zenit PT Lock (5ac78eaf5acfc4001926317a), AKS-74/AKS-74U Zenit PT Lock (59ecc28286f7746d7a68aa8c) and AKM/AK-74 Zenit PT Lock (5b222d335acfc4771e1be099) change the recoil pattern in any way? They are dead simple stock adapters, and should not do anything in regards of weapon handling.

- Same question for AKM/AK-74 ME4 buffer tube adapter (5649b2314bdc2d79388b4576) and AKM/AK-74 RD AK to M4 buffer tube adapter (628a6678ccaab13006640e49). If anything, RD one is the best adapter on the market and should increase the ergo/accuracy/aim speed by providing proper cheek rest like the reviews mention. This makes all AKM builds basically locked to basic polymer stock, even Zenit PT-1 build is worse. How comes that this build is objectively worse than this?

- Don’t let me start on ergo changes for pistol grips and attachments. They are so incredibly random and arbitrary, and do not follow trader progression, prices and rarity, that I completely turned off ergo changes in json-handler.ts for mods and use BSG values that are +- logical and with weight and other changes they start to make sense. If you want, I’d be glad to take a look and help you retune them to Realism values.

• i want to report that using 7.62x39 US ammo in any weapon will make it jam pretty much every other round.
    tried with AK 103. SKS, Op-SKS, AKMS, AKMSN, AKM. all fully repaired 98-100 durability range with stock attachments, the full auto weapons could sometimes fire half a mag before going nuts.

• i want to report that using 7.62x39 US ammo in any weapon will make it jam pretty much every other round.
    tried with AK 103. SKS, Op-SKS, AKMS, AKMSN, AKM. all fully repaired 98-100 durability range with stock attachments, the full auto weapons could sometimes fire half a mag before going nuts.

US is subsonic ammunition, underpressured, you need suppressors or boosters for the gun to cycle reliably.

Like ODT said, use suppressors/boosters. For the most reliability while using US 5.45/7.62, use the PBS suppressors. Otherwise disable the malfunctions changes. Check the descriptions and stats of attachments, all mechanics like this will be shown in some way.

Different scope mounts will be of different quality, and therefore better or worse and holding zero, so different accurate stats. More of this will come when I figure some stuff out with the client to do with contextually applying accuracy stats when ADS with specific scopes.

As for the stock adapters, should be pretty clear, the description of those mods says "This adapater changes the recoil profile of the weapon by raising or lowering the stock in line with the barrel. It will not impart any stats unless a stock is attached.". The RD lowers vertical recoil the most out of all the AK adapters or close to it iirc so not sure what the issue with it is. It also allows M4 stocks which will generally net higher ergo than most AK stocks.

The build you're saying is worse in every way is better in every way except horizontal recoil? Also the zenit build has higher ergo and less vertical recoil?

The ergo stats of pistol grips is based on how comfortable they look or are in my experience. Show me ones that don't make sense and I can see if there were any mistakes. I honestly don't care about BSG's/live's shitty MMO style progression or rarity with stats that makes no sense to me, a 1-2 difference in ergo isn't going to be noticeable anyway, they're mostly for aesthetics.

I'd manually do the trader levels for all attachments, and I have done before, but that's a massive time sink that can be better spent adding new features and mechanics.

Edited 3 times, last by Fontaine ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!