SPT Realism Mod

• RECOIL 2: AN SPT-REALISM EDIT

This mod i'm using with ur mod, poorly worded on my part, since it requires SPT realism aswell

Anyway, just a ton of popping sound when gunshots are going off, tried playing without 'Recoil 2: An spt realism edit' to see if maybe that was causing something but issue was still there

I've no idea what you mean by "popping sound". Try reinstalling mods, delete configs, checking for mod conflicts.

Is there any way to change or even remove blunt damage? I'm not using the medical system that realism adds and I'm just dying in one shot from shotguns when my armor stops it but blunt damage just doesn't care. I don't find it realistic nor fun and I'd like to change it if possible.

The blunt damage in Realism is way, way lower than unmodded EFT. IOTV can tank 15 rounds of low pen 5.45x39. It's the armor hit zones, so your armor is not stopping it in those cases. It is realistic, very realistic actually. This is what's coming to live EFT so you better get used to it. Take the time to know what features are in this mod, and check the configs and their tooltips if you want to change or disable anything.

i have no mods besides the spt realism one and it keeps erroring out and not working it use to work a couple months ago now it doesnt

Are you using the latest version of Realism on 3.6.1? The mod does work, there's an issue on your end.

Turning on recoil and attachment overhaul cause hhs-1 bugged out. Sight would work but magnifier is bugged.

what does "bugged out" mean? If the overhaul is disabled then there are no changes to scopes.

• The blunt damage in Realism is way, way lower than unmodded EFT. IOTV can tank 15 rounds of low pen 5.45x39. It's the armor hit zones, so your armor is not stopping it in those cases. It is realistic, very realistic actually. This is what's coming to live EFT so you better get used to it. Take the time to know what features are in this mod, and check the configs and their tooltips if you want to change or disable anything.

I didn't see anything in the config or tooltips about changing blunt damage or any other specific values like that with the ammo besides just disabling the ballistic changes all together, and in the example I gave it specifically said I died due to blunt damage from buckshot, any NIJ rated armor that can stop the round won't kill you from "blunt damage". The only times you could actually die from "blunt damage" would be back-face deformation and the only armors/helmets that would kill you from that when they do stop the round aren't NIJ certified to begin with. And even if we disagree and what's realistic or fun with the mod you have a config for a reason to change things, if you could tell me how and where I can change the ballistic settings rather than me just having to disable it all together would be appreciated.

• https://imgur.com/a/28XuygD getting this error on startup, not sure what it means or whats conflicting if any mods even are?

you're not using the correct version of SPT + Realism.

I didn't see anything in the config or tooltips about changing blunt damage or any other specific values like that with the ammo besides just disabling the ballistic changes all together, and in the example I gave it specifically said I died due to blunt damage from buckshot, any NIJ rated armor that can stop the round won't kill you from "blunt damage". The only times you could actually die from "blunt damage" would be back-face deformation and the only armors/helmets that would kill you from that when they do stop the round aren't NIJ certified to begin with. And even if we disagree and what's realistic or fun with the mod you have a config for a reason to change things, if you could tell me how and where I can change the ballistic settings rather than me just having to disable it all together would be appreciated.

My brother in Christ you say any of this as if you know better or that I don't know what I am doing rather than trying to understand what I am saying to you. You are not dying to blunt damage, there are armor hitboxes which you can disable, I already said this to you.

• what does "bugged out" mean? If the overhaul is disabled then there are no changes to scopes.

Yes, when "Turning on recoil and attachment overhaul" is checked. You cannot look into scope when magnifier is on, you will be looking at the right side of the gun instead.

By turning off "Turning on recoil and attachment overhaul" option, this issue is gone.

• Yes, when "Turning on recoil and attachment overhaul" is checked. You cannot look into scope when magnifier is on, you will be looking at the right side of the gun instead.

By turning off "Turning on recoil and attachment overhaul" option, this issue is gone.

wowzers, that's a feature of the mod, not a bug. Check the overview page of mods to understand what features it has, I believe in you.

yes i uninstalled and downloaded it again and still give me errors

Saying "gives me errors" is like telling a mechanic "my car is making a funny noise". Please provide details like the error itself, when it happens, what SPT version, what mod version. Make sure you try without other mods installed.

Hi, in raid i get this error and no AI https://imgur.com/a/ylLPNmj

Mod conflict/user error/wrong SPT version/wrong mod version

Edited once, last by Fontaine ().

• I've no idea what you mean by "popping sound". Try reinstalling mods, delete configs, checking for mod conflicts.

Best way i can explain it is, imagine you take the audio jack for ur headphones and jiggle them around in the plug, that crackling/popping interferance plays after every 2-3 shot. BUT i found the issue, there is a setting in game called binaural audio, turned that off and it stopped the issues all together.

• Best way i can explain it is, imagine you take the audio jack for ur headphones and jiggle them around in the plug, that crackling/popping interferance plays after every 2-3 shot. BUT i found the issue, there is a setting in game called binaural audio, turned that off and it stopped the issues all together.

Oh damn, yeah binaural audio is broken in EFT, it also tanks performance, so I never had it on so never noticed it. It could even be an EFT issue and not related to the mod itself maybe

• In the config, under bot Health, the description for the "Realistic X Health" options states that, "if enabled, these bots will have the same health as the player".

Does this mean that they will have vanilla player HP (440 total), or whatever the player HP is set to? Since I have mine set to 880, so would theirs also be 880?

• I've experienced this bug on multiple version of SPT, 3.5.7 and 3.6.1.

The MP-153's receiver and some parts are floating around in the air to the side of the weapon. Luckily that is the only weapon bugged in my current version, but in the older version I had a number of weapons do this and crash the game.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug caused by your mod, I dont have any weapon altering mods much more than this mod.

• Just wondering, is it intended for the Glock18C to literally have bullets spray up at ceiling on the first couple shots in full auto, and then have it spray like everywhere else but the target even with the stock? It doesn't seem like it should be like this because you cannot hit 90% of your shots outside of quite literally a 1-2m range in full auto.

This video (5:00 time stamp) is a good showcase of what kind of handling a full auto Glock18C is like, and that's without a stock.

I'd really like to use the Glock18C but unfortunately in its current state it is completely unusable full auto outside of point-blank range.

• I've experienced this bug on multiple version of SPT, 3.5.7 and 3.6.1.

The MP-153's receiver and some parts are floating around in the air to the side of the weapon. Luckily that is the only weapon bugged in my current version, but in the older version I had a number of weapons do this and crash the game.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug caused by your mod, I dont have any weapon altering mods much more than this mod.

It isn't this mod causing it.

He's literally shooting the dirt and the muzzle is flipping like crazy. If you think something has too much recoil then just say so in a straightforward way.

In the config, under bot Health, the description for the "Realistic X Health" options states that, "if enabled, these bots will have the same health as the player".

Does this mean that they will have vanilla player HP (440 total), or whatever the player HP is set to? Since I have mine set to 880, so would theirs also be 880?

no it will have the same health as Realism's base health, 510

• He's literally shooting the dirt and the muzzle is flipping like crazy. If you think something has too much recoil then just say so in a straightforward way.

Hey man relax I wasn't tryna be passive aggressive about it or anything sheesh, was just laying out the context. But yes I think that the Glock 18C does have too much vertical recoil in its current state.

The gun in the video does have high muzzle climb yes compared to regular smgs of course, but I'm telling you right now the bullets from the Glock18C in the game with this mod are literally firing like 60 something degrees upwards (and that's with the stock) and hitting the ceiling on the first 3 shots, nothing at all like in the video, which is completely ridiculous and I believe is a side effect of some of the recoil changes. Even in vanilla Tarkov the gun isn't exactly the most controllable and you can't really full auto it and expect to hit much beyond 10 meters, but with the recoil changes in this mod that goes down to beyond 3 meters. Go ahead and test it for yourself if you don't believe me.

You don't need to take things personal, I'm just suggesting a change (that being reducing the vertical recoil significantly, or buff the stock so it does so) that would make the gun more usable and a result more fun. The fact of the matter is that, like I said before, the Glock18C full-auto is literally unusable past point-blank range, and even if that were true in real life (which it's not), it would still be worth buffing it just so it's a usable (and fun, like in vanilla EFT) gun.

Here's another video of the Glock18 full auto, but with a stock this time. You can clearly see here that the muzzle climb, compared to in the game, is minimal - the stock is doing a ton of work keeping the gun in place. Just look at when he's firing it with the 100 round Beta C-Mag - that shit literally stays in place.

Edited 5 times, last by deltakai ().

• Loads better - you didn't have to but thank you for heeding my request.

It was a test, I didn't change anything ^^ I think the stock does make a big difference, and it's pretty useable at point blank. Other quirks of the recoil are hard to fix due to autocompensation being whack with high ROF, I can see if there's tweaks that will improve it.

• It was a test, I didn't change anything ^^ I think the stock does make a big difference, and it's pretty useable at point blank. Other quirks of the recoil are hard to fix due to autocompensation being whack with high ROF, I can see if there's tweaks that will improve it.

Really? That's really odd. Maybe I'm using a different version (v0.9.2) or maybe I modified some settings because my Glock18C definitely did not look like that video - at the same range (the first target) the bullets from my gun were literally flying into the ceiling with maybe like 7 or 8 shots landing on target with a stock on. It honestly doesn't even seem like the bullets are flying out in the same direction as the muzzle, as if they're flying out like 20 degrees upwards from the muzzle.

Here's a clip of it, note the sparks on the ceiling from like half the bullets (apologies for the jumpy clip, I don't have the best computer)

Imgur
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining…
    imgur.com

Here's the settings from my recoil settings. I believe I only changed the convergence multiplier and nothing else. I also adjusted the Convergence multiplier in the mod config to be 1.1 instead of 1, otherwise nothing else was changed in recoil.

Edited 3 times, last by deltakai ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!