Fontaine's FOV Fix & Variable Optics

• Fontaine added a new version:

• I cant tell if I'm being stupid or there is a mod conflict or something else but even deleting the config and reinstalling the whole mod, I still have no change in sensitivity when I use variable zoom, I have tried all of the 30mm ring mounted scopes and its impossible to aim when I zoom all the way.

• That error is to do with ammo, if the error only happens when Realism then it's likely Realism mod is the culprit. Post in that mod's support thread, but first try a different profile, only Realism by itself with 0 other mods installed, clear your cache.

Increase your game's aiming sensitivity

scrapping everything I put here previously, found the issue mod, seems munitions expert was the issue. It works fine with realism but when all 3 mods get added it breaks stuff. which yeah makes sense considering how outdated it is.

Edited 3 times, last by Flame ().

• I cant tell if I'm being stupid or there is a mod conflict or something else but even deleting the config and reinstalling the whole mod, I still have no change in sensitivity when I use variable zoom, I have tried all of the 30mm ring mounted scopes and its impossible to aim when I zoom all the way.

"no change in sensitivity" is very vague. Uninstall the mod properly and reinstall with latest version, read the instructions in the overview page for set u.

Fontaine's FOV Fix v1.6.5 for SPT AKI 3.5.8

Fixes:

• Fixed Burris having clipping issue again.
    • Fixed Elcan and NcStar back up sight sensitivity issue, fixed compatibility issues due to differences between unmodded Elcan and Geff's bundle.
    • Potentially fixed issues with scope default zooms not reflecting what used by their original toggle zoom, also potentially fixes compatibility issues with some other scope mods going forward.

Changes:

• Reduced free-look horizontal look limit, especially while aiming. You can now look further left and right with free-look.
  • Hello Mr Fontaine

I am having an issue with the mod. When I am using the NcStar ADO P4 Sniper scope, and then use the red dot, it breaks the game. Specifically, it will freeze me in animations, like picking things up or swaping back to my gun. I also cant toggle from the 3x magnification to the 9x.

I tried the OpticRework to see if it would fix this, but it didnt.

SPT-AKI 3.5.8

ModLoader: loading 11 mods...

Mod x-ODT-Softcore is not compatible with the current version of AKI. You may encounter issues - no support will be provided!

Mod RaiRaiTheRaichu-AmmoStats is not compatible with the current version of AKI. You may encounter issues - no support will be provided!

Mod: MoreCheckmarksBackend version: 1.5.1 by: VIP loaded

Mod: NoDiscardLimit version: 1.0.0 by: Skwizzy loaded

Mod: Valens-Progression version: 1.4.3 by: Valens loaded

Mod: Softcore version: 1.4.0 by: x-ODT loaded

Mod: Props Obviously Original Program version: 1.5.3 by: Props loaded

Mod: AmmoStats version: 2.2.1 by: RaiRaiTheRaichu loaded

Mod: DrakiaXYZ-Waypoints version: 1.1.2 by: DrakiaXYZ loaded

Mod: Fontaine FOV Fix version: 1.6.2 by: Fontaine loaded

Mod: SAIN version: 2.0.0 by: z-Solarint loaded

Mod: MOAR version: 1.2.6 by: Dushaoan loaded

Mod: OpticRework version: 1.2.2 by: ACOGforlife, SAMSWAT loaded

I also have some errors, but i am not sure if it is correlated with this problem:

Required slot 'mod_pistol_grip' on weapon_zmz_pp-91-01_9x18pm FirstPrimaryWeapon was empty on sptusec

Weapon 57f3c6bd24597738e730fa2f was generated incorrectly, falling back to weapon preset see error above

Thank you so much in advance!

Fontaine's FOV Fix v1.6.7 for SPT AKI 3.5.8

Fixes:

• Rounded off displayed magnification value.

Changes:

• Added config option to manually set sensitivity multipliers per magnification bracket. If you didn't manage to get the automated system working then you can now set it manually.
  • Hey, Fontaine!
    Thanks for the manual settings for the sens. I was one that was having low sens when aiming. I had to increase it in game, but it still didn't feel consistent. With that update I can make it more linear. But I found a potential bug, I was able to replicate it 3x to confirm (I just didn't test with this mod by itself because it's not game breaking).

I did what follows:

- Configured the sens, fov, etc. Played a lot with no problems, until...

- Disabled variable zoom (only did it for the REAP-IR, since I was trying to mimic the fixed zoom on it and I use the same button to Decrease zoom and toggle white/black hot)

- Quit the game with the Variable zoom disabled

- Open the game to play again and the sens was broken. Super fast in any zoom, even on 1x

- Enabled the Variable again and the sens was still wrong. Every config in the sens sliders didn't have any effect

- Closing the game and server and opening again didn't work. Only fixed it by deleting the FOVFix.cfg

I did those steps 2 more times to confirm, reinstalled the mod, every time it happened as described. So for now I won't disable it again, but maybe it can help you to identify something about it. I have only the Realism Bridge in the folder together with FOVfix.

Mod list:

Mod: OpticRework version: 1.2.2 by: ACOGforlife, SAMSWAT loaded

Mod: LateToTheParty version: 1.1.15 by: DanW loaded

Mod: DoorBreacher version: 1.0.0 by: Tron loaded

Mod: Fontaine FOV Fix version: 1.6.6 by: Fontaine loaded

Mod: Gilded Key Storage version: 1.1.2 by: Jehree loaded

Mod: MoreCheckmarksBackend version: 1.5.1 by: VIP loaded

Mod: broker_trader version: 1.3.1 by: Nightingale loaded

Mod: EyesOfATrader version: 1.3.0 by: Platinum loaded

Mod: SVM version: 1.6.5 by: KMC, EmuRC-GhostFenixx loaded

Mod: NoDiscardLimit version: 1.0.0 by: Skwizzy loaded

Mod: SPT Realism Mod version: 0.8.9 by: Fontaine loaded

Mod: SWAG and DONUTS version: 3.0.3 by: nooky and props loaded

Mod: Thermal-bundle version: 1.0.0 by: Traveler loaded

Mod: DrakiaXYZ-Waypoints version: 1.1.2 by: DrakiaXYZ loaded

Mod: SAIN version: 2.0.0 by: z-Solarint loaded

• You didn't read the install and setup instructions :D

• You didn't read the install and setup instructions :D

I did, the problem is that it can't be enabled back without cleaning the FOVFix.cfg and redoing it. At least in my case. Don't know if it was supposed to work like that. But like I said, I'm not disabling it again, so no problem. :thumbup:

• I did, the problem is that it can't be enabled back without cleaning the FOVFix.cfg and redoing it. At least in my case. Don't know if it was supposed to work like that. But like I said, I'm not disabling it again, so no problem. :thumbup:

The overview pages states that disabling variable zoom will fuck sensitivity, so you must disable the sensitivity changes in the bepinex config AND the server module's config

• The overview pages states that disabling variable zoom will fuck sensitivity, so you must disable the sensitivity changes in the bepinex config AND the server module's config

Yeah I know that. But what I'm saying is that trying to enable it back and putting everything like it was before didn't work until cleaning the FOVFix.cfg. So (at least in my case) I can't go back and enable it without redoing the configuration from the ground in Bepinex. I'm not stating that it messes the sens, because like you said, it is expected. What I'm saying is about going back and trying to enable it again. It remains messed up.

• Yeah I know that. But what I'm saying is that trying to enable it back and putting everything like it was before didn't work until cleaning the FOVFix.cfg. So (at least in my case) I can't go back and enable it without redoing the configuration from the ground in Bepinex. I'm not stating that it messes the sens, because like you said, it is expected. What I'm saying is about going back and trying to enable it again. It remains messed up.

That sounds like a problem on your end, either missing a setting when reverting to defaults or forgetting to restart the game

Fontaine's FOV Fix v1.6.8 for SPT AKI 3.5.8

Fixes:

• Fixed some red dot sights not being toggleable when they should be (Holosun, Kobra etc.).
    • Fixed Elcan and AUG back up sights having zoom and throwing exceptions in logs.

Changes:

• Added config option for modifying mouse sens when using toggle zoom for optics and non-optics.

Fontaine's FOV Fix v1.7.0 for SPT AKI 3.6.0

Fixes:

• Fixed issues with G36 back up iron sights.

Changes:

• Added experimental fix for FOV scaling that makes recoil with optics more manageable and makes lasers no longer misalign with sights at higher FOV. Disabled by default, still WIP. Does distort weapon view model, recommend using Sam SWAT's FOV mod to adjust weapon position to compensate when that's updated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!