Lua's Spawn Rework

• Lua added a new version:

Lua
    • Removed bear and usec default enemy type options in pattern config
    • Added new pmc type option for each maps
    • Supported "akiVersion": 3.2.3
  • This is moved from the comments section to avoid flooding, sorry about that...

[Me saying stupid shit about a crash on startup blabla, was just KMC SVM inconsistently configured cause me dumb]

What follows is regardless of what's above:

I have an issue because, as far as I can tell the only waves which spawns is the first one, then the server becomes unresponsive and next waves arent triggered, already spawned bots keep moving and firing tho, but every extract leads to a black screen and I have to alt+f4. I can confirm it's a server issue and not the client because upon restarting the Aki launcher, it cant connect to the server and the log window is frozen. I use the default pattern given by Lua with the mod, in which I just changed these settings:

1/the map rules (every map is Normal)

2/increased the max spawn time (each one has become the new time I have set in Custom Raid Times mod config, minus 10 minutes to avoid some late waves timing which could overlap the end of the raid (ranges from 40 to 70 minutes depending on which map))

3/I tried to be smart increasing the wave total for each bot category on each map by a fixed ratio of [lua's default total * max spawn time consistent with Custom Raid Times / lua's default max spawn time] (I wanted to avoid changing the frequency of waves while still being able to make waves happen until close to the end, it's just like if you have 3 max spawn time on a 30min raid and I make it 60min then I set the max at 6, you know, simple maths)

4/finaly I reduced by one or two the slot_max for some bot category on some maps to avoid cluttering the space too quickly and/or to avoid having tons of bots in the background in larger maps eating my cpu.

I don't think I changed anything too heavily or unconsistently, and https://jsonformatter.org/ says it's valid, so I don't think the issue is because of what I did (or maybe is it?)

If Lua comes by or someone who has more experience than me with the mod, or aki mods in general, I'd really appreciate your help :)

I'll keep writing how goes my investigation, for now only thing I have is a line in the logs at server startup (without even starting the client) saying 862 spawn generated but only 861 available, maybe it's related, maybe it's not, I have no clue yet...

• Blackscreen is known issue but lack of info and testing, let me know If you found something to solve the problem.

Currently I'm counting on EFT or SPT update fixes this.

• Blackscreen is known issue but lack of info and testing, let me know If you found something to solve the problem.

Currently I'm counting on EFT or SPT update fixes this.

Hey Lua,

If you could prepare a version of your mod, which would throw out a dump of both bot request from the client and bot request response to the server console (before sending it to the client), i could try troubleshooting this issue further. I got kind of invested into this issue here: extraction black screen

I also noticed that this problem did not occur for me on Factory or Reserve, but occured every time on Customs.

I found a workaround, but it only lets you extract, no new bot waves will spawn.
    Turning off the server and opening it again just before extracting will let you save your progress, but as soon as the bot request from the client is retried the server hangs.

//Devo

• Most likely some bot wave settings are messed up with recent EFT update and I missed it, will do some test later on, thanks.

• Most likely some bot wave settings are messed up with recent EFT update and I missed it, will do some test later on, thanks.

Escape from Tarkov Official #eft-announcements

SERVER

— 15/09/2022

@News @Updates We have fixed the problem with AIs not spawning in offline mode with PvE enabled.

• After some testing I have more info. 3 times the server started hanging on loading an airdrop. I Also had a warning once about the game trying to spawn a bot with an invalid key but not sure if it's related. So What I did it use KMC SVM to set each air drop chances to 0, also turned off the addition of the "all keys container" to the pool in the bots section. After that I also removed the spawn rework mod, deleted the temp files using the launcher, started the client once, then I closed the client and the server, put spawn rework back in and started the server and the client back again to test. I havent had any error or warning since in the console during a raid, and AI has been spawning and living without any issue, but still every extract make the server keep hanging and leads to a client black screen. Im gonna do more testing related to the extract.

Also I play as USEC with the Normal map setting (no friendly fire from same side bots) and every english speaking bot has been firing at me, maybe they were rogues or raiders or maybe the Normal setting doesnt work, I'll test more on this as well.

• TL;DR: If you have a black screen extract on a map but Factory works fine, remove the raiders part in the waves pattern of said map, then try a raid and come give feedback. (be careful about eventual typo mistakes, like two "," or even a missing one when you edit the config JSON) Also: to avoid errors with bosses and scavs also using raiders spawn locations (which are parts of the removed code) you'll have to turn "bosses_also_use_raiders_spawn_locations" to false for each map, and turn "spawn_scav_raider_location_chance" to 0 as well. (just use CTRL+F and type in "raider")

I've been testing more on Factory and it always worked from start to finish without issue, but Interchange always leads to a blackscreen on extract, but only with Spawn Rework, so I thought, what is happening on this map with the mod which isnt happening on factory ? and a possible answer is the presence of Raiders in the spawn pool. I've deleted the raider waves in the config so now only scavs and standard PMCs are spawning, (and bosses of course) and after a 30ish minutes raid for testing purpose, with active gameplay, moving, killing etc, I have been able to extract without issue (first one in hours or trying) so I think it might be a good workaround if it works on every raid and on every map, unless you're a big fan of raiders I guess.

Edit: Might also be the fact that removing waves reduces the number of active bots, I'm gonna try this with more Scavs and PMC to balance the removed raiders wave.

Edit2: 33 minutes raid on Interchange with no raiders and other settings set accordingly to the deletion of raiders in spawn pattern, but with scav and pmc spawns multiplied by 2, cpu doesnt like it and I could cook a raw egg on the pc but managed to extract without issue (except I nearly died in this warzone lol). I'm about to check other maps.

• TL;DR: If you have a black screen extract on a map but Factory works fine, remove the raiders part in the waves pattern of said map, then try a raid and come give feedback. (be careful about eventual typo mistakes, like two "," or even a missing one when you edit the config JSON) Also: to avoid errors with bosses and scavs also using raiders spawn locations (which are parts of the removed code) you'll have to turn "bosses_also_use_raiders_spawn_locations" to false for each map, and turn "spawn_scav_raider_location_chance" to 0 as well.

I've been testing more on Factory and it always worked from start to finish without issue, but Interchange always leads to a blackscreen on extract, but only with Spawn Rework, so I thought, what is happening on this map with the mod which isnt happening on factory ? and a possible answer is the presence of Raiders in the spawn pool. I've deleted the raider waves in the config so now only scavs and standard PMCs are spawning, (and bosses of course) and after a 30ish minutes raid for testing purpose, with active gameplay, moving, killing etc, I have been able to extract without issue (first one in hours or trying) so I think it might be a good workaround if it works on every raid and on every map, unless you're a big fan of raiders I guess.

Edit: Might also be the fact that removing waves reduces the number of active bots, I'm gonna try this with more Scavs and PMC to balance the removed raiders wave.

i just did a raid on shoreline after removing the raider spawns and confirm that i was able to extract without any issues. i will test out other maps and report back what happens

• No-raider workaround works on Woods map as well. Tested once for more than an hour.

My Woods entry in the config:

• I am using this mod, together with the patter from this mod Incursion Diversity for Lua's Spawn Rework, and I use his default pattern. I play on customs and in this pattern the raider spawn is set to 0 and I set it so that the bosses cannot uses the raider spawn. Had no problems until now. Can someone verify if the problem is only the raider spawn or that the bosses can also use Raider spawn points? I have not tested the pattern on labs, where the raiders are spawning over the pattern.

• I am using this mod, together with the patter from this mod Incursion Diversity for Lua's Spawn Rework, and I use his default pattern. I play on customs and in this pattern the raider spawn is set to 0 and I set it so that the bosses cannot uses the raider spawn. Had no problems until now. Can someone verify if the problem is only the raider spawn or that the bosses can also use Raider spawn points? I have not tested the pattern on labs, where the raiders are spawning over the pattern.

Problem is there is no raider "empty" wave, there just isnt any raider wave at all in the config, so there is not much info for the spawn system to know where the raiders could possibly be spawning if there were supposed to spawn. So if a boss wants tu use a raider spawn point, it will just throw an error, or possibly a warning and it will spawn elsewere, I'm not sure. You can test it if you want but i'm 100% sure it will just create more problems to make bosses spawn on raiders spawn points when there isnt any raider spawn point.

• After some testing I have more info. 3 times the server started hanging on loading an airdrop. I Also had a warning once about the game trying to spawn a bot with an invalid key but not sure if it's related. So What I did it use KMC SVM to set each air drop chances to 0, also turned off the addition of the "all keys container" to the pool in the bots section. After that I also removed the spawn rework mod, deleted the temp files using the launcher, started the client once, then I closed the client and the server, put spawn rework back in and started the server and the client back again to test. I havent had any error or warning since in the console during a raid, and AI has been spawning and living without any issue, but still every extract make the server keep hanging and leads to a client black screen. Im gonna do more testing related to the extract.

Also I play as USEC with the Normal map setting (no friendly fire from same side bots) and every english speaking bot has been firing at me, maybe they were rogues or raiders or maybe the Normal setting doesnt work, I'll test more on this as well.

There are a bunch of things I've tried to make same side NPCs not hostile. Adside from map rules in the base files, there is "chanceSameSideIsHostilePercent" and "pmctype" in bot.json.

In the individual bot type files you also have:

"DEFAULT_BEAR_BEHAVIOUR": "Attack",
            "DEFAULT_SAVAGE_BEHAVIOUR": "Attack",
            "DEFAULT_USEC_BEHAVIOUR": "Attack",

and

"ENEMY_BY_GROUPS_PMC_PLAYERS": true,
            "ENEMY_BY_GROUPS_SAVAGE_PLAYERS": true,

I've tried changing my side's pmc bot type to "followerTest", set the same side hostile chance to 0, changed the default behavior to "ignore", and changed the "enemy_by_groups" settings to "false", but I only managed to not be shot by my side's bots once.

• I can also confirm the raider waves are the cause. I play often customs, there are no raider waves set and I had no problems. When I played on shoreline, there is 1 insta spawn wave of raiders and the server is not reponding anymore.

Another question, is there some documentation for the "spawn_locations"? Some are not making sense for me because I do not know which ingame location=real location name.

Edited once, last by Xinax ().

• I can also confirm the raider waves are the cause. I play often customs, there are no raider waves set and I had no problems. When I played on shoreline, there is 1 insta spawn wave of raiders and the server is not reponding anymore.

Another question, is there some documentation for the "spawn_locations"? Some are not making sense for me because I do not know which ingame location=real location name.

3.1.1 Default Spawn Locations and BotZoneNames - AKI's mods Workshop

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!