Fin's AI Tweaks (FAIT)

• IM GETTING SAME PROBLEM AND I CANT FIX IT HELP

IT S ONE PROBLEM I ONLY GET

• IM GETTING SAME PROBLEM AND I CANT FIX IT HELP

IT S ONE PROBLEM I ONLY GET

1. Dont Caps me >->

2. which of the two problems i listed there?

3. if its the dogtag problem.... the solution is right after what you quoted.

4. if its the other problem, just load the backup config and leave "clear vanilla" on true

• Hey Y'all.

Quick question. When it comes to the bot_inventories, can I utilize the parent id (say the id for simple containers) in the backpack section to give a chance of those bots' backpacks having a container in that family, or is it item id specific?

Thanks!

• Hi. I have a problem where instead of PMCs I get something called "boss" in the end raid screen that I killed. Out of 20 bodies I search I hardly find at least 1 PMC, and 5 out of those 20 are something called boss even though they have nothing to do with bosses. Is there an easy fix for that or did I mess something up?

These are my settings

This is the issue that I am having: https://imgur.com/a/YBzbdrM (couldn't upload screenshot because its too large)

• I always thought those were just scavs with "middle" difficulty setting for their AI. When you loot them they don't have dog tags, they are just regular scavs

• Hi! Sorry for the delay in responding, I tend to only have time to check this thread on the weekends, lately. -I appreciate you posting your debug hash, you seem to be the only person who's gotten that particular message, though unfortunately I need it in copy-pasted form, and not as a screenshot (So I can break that hash down into a bunch of information that's vital to solving most bug issues).

Edit: My mistake! Looking a bit closer at your screenshots, this seems to be an error that occurs before the hash would appear. -Which makes me a little unsure how you got the second screenshot, but.. Anyways! I'll start trying to reproduce it, though if you want to paste your hash anyways it always helps to have more information.

Edited once, last by Fin ().

• this mod is so buggy and unplayable!

without the vanilla gear removal option, still get this shit! tried reinstalling or using it solo and it still happens randomly! and then it just stays fucked for the rest of the time!

AND NO I CANT GET THE DEBUG HASH CAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT APPEAR, IT DOESENT APPEAR FOR ME NORMALLY IN THE CMD SO IS IT A OPTION YOU HAVE TO TURN ON?

AFTER RESTARTING FOUR TIMES THE SERVER IT CAME UP ONCE

WEIRD anyways

187469713ă49115,1722ċ601Ą8ĒĎ30065051908928Ċ,558ĖĐ23ĜIJĞ7ď8Ģ0ħ025ı2739,IJ3Ħĥļ77Ģ8Čńęľĭć79ĩ0đ,ŔĬą6čŀćą3řĦ866Ľ7ğ5Ł4ĶĜăČĸ7ŗ1Ē41,|0,ŻŻŸ|assaultŹpmcboƇfollowergluharƁƃƅƎƐƒƔƖƘƚrscouƠƑƓƕƗƙƛsecurity,ƏƭƣưƦsnipeƻơƮrkojaǂƺƼƢƕƃǂtƛdžƽƕbƅlƺ|ƀƂƄƆgrƪp,beǖuƳcŹŸ0.ĎŸ2żďż.Ń1.ǴŸǯǸď.ŢǾȂřž,2ȆǽǶŻPMCsǵŻ|ƌtnameshƕDžƳDŽƜtetțmwƸhƩmmƁǮȁǶȊȰǵǯȲȯȋȑȵŽȴǟƞƆŹ|ƉƋƍǗǑƤƱƜǠƟɃLjƿƲƩƫɊƾƥƲƴƶƸǏLJɑɆǁǃDžǞǨǪǬ,ƝǡtǣǥŹȉǷ6ńīŻŢźńȒɰ1ɲŸ4ȾŸɯ|ɹ,ɷǼǶǞ|4ĎĸȾ4ŻĮȾǞʃ,ʅʋʈɲ|3ĎĽȾŻɷǞǴɺ-ǽɫɻȶ|ȾǮȶŸĶǰ8řɭʀɴɽɲɮɲŢĎǞŢʘʟȊɾʀǞĬ,ĤȾʻʽʁ|ʿɲ˃ʊȈʭȾǴʵǴǴǞʜȇȒȊȒʢʶȵʬǼʯǷʕʒ,ʞ|Ǵ˞ȱȱʁğďĝȾŋďʬˁ˥ɴɲ˩ČʑıʪʙŻĠʖ˝ɵɬʙīȾˏ2ʘɿʲpumǦƌȽǞʣ˒ȷȒ5dľcc5ba4b936ĂĥĠĝŧīcdebĒ9d7fĝcĝ0e7ceĐʘſȫpȖȘȚȜ,ȞƕaȡȣeȥȧȩȫȐɰȹȳ͉̍˽ȆɻǻȀǼ͐Ǻ͕͒͑ʣ˩Ȅɷ͚ɽǶɫdz˽͠Ď˷Ǵͣǵʚ˧ȹȆȹȈͪȑ5:Ĭ:˧ǴaƑɢͷͶl͸ͻͺͼȶ

• Official Post

calm your tits, if you are unable to be civil don’t bother posting, no one needs to see the caps bullshit, type like a normal person

PLEASE DON'T DM ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS I ASK YOU TO, I WILL NOT ANSWER THEM.

I DO NOW HAVE THE POWER TO BONK SO DON'T DO THE ABOVE!

WEEWOO :kekw:

• [snip]

Hi Fin,

just for reproduction... here is the version where i got said problems. I also wrote, that i wont get any hash code with said error. Reading everything sometimes helps ;P

But here the code of my current test settings:

Code
    110063148856539,17229160ĕ98Ē5,2152581ĉ376ē2,5ĢėĐ2330ıă7ďı3Ēğ4Ĺ59ġĎĸ890802775ĤĀ,č07ļĠ97ĈĬ44,79ĬŔ6ğň1č73ŚŃ86Ĩ5ħĬŤ4ĶŘā4Čđś4Ŝē,|1,0ŽďźassaultźpmcboƈfollowergluharƂƄƆƏƑƓƕƗƙƛrscouơƒƔƖƘƚƜsecurity,ƐƮƤƱƧsnipeƼƢƯrkojaǃƻƽƣƖƄǃtƜLJƾƖbƆlƻ||ƞƅƇgrƫp,beǗuƴcź-żžDzƀżǵǴǷ1.DZ.ťżĹžż2ȀſǶžPMCsƀž|ƍtnameshƖdžƴDžƝtetȕmwƹhƪmmƂźĪǶȩǸȋſȃȪĪǽǷdzǠƃǢƈǟƊƌƎǘǒƥƲƝȵƠȼljǀƳƪƬɃƿƦƳƵƷƹǐLjɊȿǂDŽdžǟǩǫǭ,ǡƠǤǦźȪ0.6Ŏſť|žIJźɨďȌŻ,řǟǾɫɳřȨƀǟŻĂɭɮāȀɻɹɺɿɽɻɾɫ|3ĜġɫžɱʈɥǟǰĝɱȅźɫɠȫĶɢ8ŚȄȧʍʄŎɮťĜǟťʎȪɶɸɲʅʀʂɼʇʯʆʬʃʇȂɰɮĪʎťɧ|ʒɪɯǶ|ʗˁǸȮdzɢʋ|řɤǟˌɴȫɷɹʆʳʲʮʴʰ˘˕ʈž5ʹ˝ɮžĖɫʤˤʐʾżćȧǷ|pumǧƍƇ˄ɡʞż|5dĠcc5ba4b936őŅ˞ĂĨīcdebĒ9d7fĂcĂ0e7ceĐʔźȥpȐȒȔȖ,ȘƖațȝeȟȡȣȥȊɬDZȬˈȭſĜȳʛǸ.Ȩ̼ȋɣʘ4ʍƀȰƀʧ̈́ſĪɷ͊īžĪĜ̸ĝʢ̵Ȯ͉ʅʞă:Ĭ:ɻťaƒɛ͟͠lͤͣͥ͡Ȭ

If you get the same setting as i am and set following both on "false" you get the error i got and no code. I used your Config editor and the version before the new one.

config_editor_5YRz8irKsC.png

But everything works fine in the new version, thanks alot. I tested it and the dogtag problem as well as the "Clear vanilla" problem is fixed. :D

• Hi Fin, idk why, but every PMC have broken spawn loadouts in latest FAIT on Customs, i ll test it more, but bots have 0 meds in their inventories. There is no errors, but check debug hash)

P.S. I found, why i had this bug, i deleted Assaultgroup from advanced med settings and added bear and usec. My bad)

Edited 2 times, last by X3R0S6 ().

• Hi FIn,

It seems like this mod effects the inventory of the bots in a way that makes the probability of them having a knife, half mask, and blue gunpowder is very high. Every bot I kill has the same stuff in their inventory with the exception of a few things. Do you know if there is a fix for this I can implement? I don't believe the loadout can be looked at through the debug, but I pasted anyways

187469713ă49115,80679619ĐĐ17ē,625ė45ě6Ĉ3Ē4,55ęĚ2330İđ7,ćİ22č43ğ9ľ,İ3890Đ2ě5ĀČĶĈė2840Ĕ3Ě41,70ēčě1ĺŚ02ĩįő86ŗċŋ4Œ,įĒ0Ė85Œġ6,|0Ķ,źŘ|assaultŸpmcboƆfollowergluharƀƂƄƍƏƑƓƕƗƙrscouƟƐƒƔƖƘƚsecurity,ƎƬƢƯƥsnipeƺƠƭrkojaǁƹƻơƔƂǁtƚDžƼƔbƄlƹ|ſƁƃƅgrƩp,beǕuƲcŸ-0.ĎŽ.čŮ.6ĎŘǹŻǺǼdzż.3ŻĽŽŮȄȄŘźPMCsżȎ|ƋtnameshƔDŽƲǃƛtetȘmwƷhƨmmƀŸǼǻȬȫźȯȭŻ2ŁȱȰǞƝƅŸ|ƈƊƌǖǐƣưƛǟƞȿLJƾƱƨƪɆƽƤƱƳƵƷǎdžɍɂǀǂDŽǝǧǩǫ,ƜǠtǢǤȪȬǯŷȁ5źȁŹŁźǝŽɮ|ŘĩǝŘɫɲȴŤȬǝ|ĢďĎǝŭĐȺʁĎųȺʂɱ|3ĎğȺźɴ|ȳɷ-ǹŷɸȈŸȺɤȫĵǯ8řĪȄɲʐɱɪɱɨȺȁʑȫɺžǝī,ŅȺʱʳɼ|ʵɱʹʄ2ʥȺȳʑȳȳǝʕȅʜȏʛʘȭȇźɩǿʎɽĝʈ˒ɵȱǺɼǷĶ0ɱ7Ǹ1ʊ|˙˟˜˞ʊʽʢʿˍʦĝʨĪʿŮȺ˅ţŸȳʙȻumǥƋȹǝˇʙȇŸ5d52cc5ba4b9ħĂņɩ˛ĞĪcdebĹ9d7f˛c˛0e7ceŖŸɮȨpȓȕȗș,țƔaȞȠeȢȤȦȨȍɬʙ˿ȎȆȎDZȏʟȭ.˵ͅŻɦɤʎĩŘȳǸɹȲȎ˂͎͑ź͎ˮ͖ɭȰȰǺ͖˛͈̾5:ī:͟ȳaƐɞͩͨlͪͭͬͮ͠

• Greetings Fin, I was wondering if you could provide some numerical values for the most impactful difficulty modifiers in your mod when it comes to AI behavior & difficulty, in comparison to default settings. An example would be "-overallAIDifficultyMod" where you recommend "-4 to 4", or "-aiAimSpeedMult" where you recommend "0.5 to 1" but what would these values be if it was default 2.3.0 difficulty?

I'm curious because I want to start a 2.3.0 playthrough and I would like to configure your mod to be somewhat realistic, my last playthrough in 2.2.3 I had moments where I might miss my first bullet on a running AI 200+ meters away and they instantly flick and laser me in a 3round burst with an SMG within a second, despite having AI aiming for headshots disabled, which quickly became tiresome and demotivating.

The additional enemies, configurable loadouts, better common sense in AI and especially progressive mode make the experience so much better but once in a while I got these absolute titan-status AI that just delete me upon seeing a pixel of my body is what I wish to alter a bit.

Thanks in advance Fin.

• I don't have the exact values here, but I set the time to recognize the player to 1.5, the aim time to 1.6, (1.7 for snipers), increased the bullet spread 1.7, reduced the distance they see you to 0.7, and I think I increased their recoil a bit, to 1.3. Also, reduced their view angle to around 210 degrees. With these changes the fights are now fair to me. I can survive if I use cover and relocate after I've been shoot at, but I'll get wrecked if I stay in the open for more than a few seconds. I also usually get enough time to get one or two rounds on target if I spot them before they do. I would suggest you try messing around with these values and test it. If you get killed in an unfair way and don't want to lose your kit, just alt-tab and kill the server window the moment you die, close the game and restart. You'll get your stuff upon restarting (don't let the game get to the death screen though, or you'll lose all). Also, since I don't think the bosses are affected by these changes, I included all the bosses names in the "high level AI" bracket just to be sure (in the general tab of the config.exe I think). Summarizing, mess around with those values, since everyone has different skills those settings might be to hard or to easy for you.

Good luck!

• I don't have the exact values here, but I set the time to recognize the player to 1.5, the aim time to 1.6, (1.7 for snipers), increased the bullet spread 1.7, reduced the distance they see you to 0.7, and I think I increased their recoil a bit, to 1.3. Also, reduced their view angle to around 210 degrees. With these changes the fights are now fair to me. I can survive if I use cover and relocate after I've been shoot at, but I'll get wrecked if I stay in the open for more than a few seconds. I also usually get enough time to get one or two rounds on target if I spot them before they do. I would suggest you try messing around with these values and test it. If you get killed in an unfair way and don't want to lose your kit, just alt-tab and kill the server window the moment you die, close the game and restart. You'll get your stuff upon restarting (don't let the game get to the death screen though, or you'll lose all). Also, since I don't think the bosses are affected by these changes, I included all the bosses names in the "high level AI" bracket just to be sure (in the general tab of the config.exe I think). Summarizing, mess around with those values, since everyone has different skills those settings might be to hard or to easy for you.

Good luck!

I'll experiment a bit with the values you've given, I think boss followers (Glukhar's especially) were the most unfair-destructive & seemingly having pin-point accuracy 200+ meters away, not bosses themselves in my experience. There's no fear about the loss of gear (despite playing without the use of Flea) I'm definitely after a difficult experience, I just wish to engage in firefights and have a realistic chance as opposed to feel like almost every PMC/raider/follower is equipped with a kill-switch-sniper upon detection (although that happened rarely).

Edited once, last by Lebra ().

• SO I have been using this mod for about a day now and it seems ok (was honestly going for easier not harder so i turned the difficulty down A LOT) So i was using an old outdated spt from 12.10 which idk if the game audio files changed but after going to 12.12 and using the mod my audio is WAY off the mark. Guys sould like they are just on the other side of the wall but are well over 75m away.

my primary question and it has happened to me a few times now and it frustrating me to no end. I keep having bots spawn within 15m of me and ill be looting or chilling in a bush and no sound no diologue just instant aggro and i get 1-2 tapped in seconds regardless of how i tweak the difficulty? Is there somewhere in the mod that sets a spawn boundary i missed?

Edited once, last by grade247 ().

• Hi FIn,

It seems like this mod effects the inventory of the bots in a way that makes the probability of them having a knife, half mask, and blue gunpowder is very high. Every bot I kill has the same stuff in their inventory with the exception of a few things. Do you know if there is a fix for this I can implement? I don't believe the loadout can be looked at through the debug, but I pasted anyways

[snip]

FAIT doesn't affect loose loot (Except to remove a few weird items like wooden AK grips and other ultra-low-value weapon parts), facemask selection (Except when it comes to the armored facemask), or melee weapons, at the moment.

In addition, you seem to have gear changes disabled, so any issues you're experiencing shouldn't have anything to do with FAIT, unless that debug hash is from a period when you weren't having issues. -And while the hash doesn't include loadouts, it does include the settings necessary to regenerate most loadout issues a player might be having, so I very much appreciate you including it.

SO I have been using this mod for about a day now and it seems ok (was honestly going for easier not harder so i turned the difficulty down A LOT) So i was using an old outdated spt from 12.10 which idk if the game audio files changed but after going to 12.12 and using the mod my audio is WAY off the mark. Guys sould like they are just on the other side of the wall but are well over 75m away.

my primary question and it has happened to me a few times now and it frustrating me to no end. I keep having bots spawn within 15m of me and ill be looting or chilling in a bush and no sound no diologue just instant aggro and i get 1-2 tapped in seconds regardless of how i tweak the difficulty? Is there somewhere in the mod that sets a spawn boundary i missed?

This mod shouldn't be able to make any changes to the game's audio. As for bots spawning ontop of you, that is unfortunately just a part of EFT, even on Live they can spawn virtually on top of you, and I'm not currently aware of a way to change this.

Greetings Fin, I was wondering if you could provide some numerical values for the most impactful difficulty modifiers in your mod when it comes to AI behavior & difficulty, in comparison to default settings.

[snip]

I don't have any specific advice, I'm afraid, as everyone's preferences will be different. I'd recommend increasing the main difficulty values (That is to say, the base difficulty number) by 1 or 2 at a time until it becomes consistently 'too hard', and then selectively making things easier from there. There's also an option, in the 'Difficulty' tab, under 'Miscellaneous', to automatically adjust the difficulty level for you, lowering it when you die and raising it when you successfully extract, that you might try.

Hi Fin, idk why, but every PMC have broken spawn loadouts in latest FAIT on Customs, i ll test it more, but bots have 0 meds in their inventories. There is no errors, but check debug hash)

[snip]

P.S. I found, why i had this bug, i deleted Assaultgroup from advanced med settings and added bear and usec. My bad)

That's interesting! -I'll have to add some safeties in to make sure that adding bear and usec still works, since from a user's perspective that seems like the intuitive way it should work. I'm glad you found a solution, though, and thank you for posting your hash ^ ^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!