Fin's AI Tweaks (FAIT)

• That's odd. -Did you clear out the doNotUseTheseThings entry in the config? By default the AGS is in there, so if you didn't clear it and it's slipping through, then I've left a hole somewhere where the blacklist isn't being respected.

I'll keep looking into this. If you want, post the errors you get when starting a raid in the thread as a spoiler, and I'll see if there's anything unusual popping up there.

It seems to be working for me, but.. Yeah. There's already some weirdness that happens with PMCs, but only for some people, so I can't be sure my results are typical. -This is just a thought, and I'm sorry to be putting the burden of testing on someone else, but you might try disabling AI changes for all types of bots in the config, and seeing if that does anything, since AI changes and PMC ROE are handled in separate sections of the code, and ROE changes will happen even if AI changes don't. It.. Shouldn't change anything, but at this point I'm willing to start blaming black magic.

Edit: I'm a bit of an idiot. I was forgetting which faction my new testing account was, because it uses the awesome invisible head option. It's not working as it's supposed to, and I'm disabling it in the next version update while I search for answers.

I'll post them if you want if it will help for sure :D, but I get no yellow or red error codes being read. Just bots spawning/dropping no ammo. But having one in the chamber. Best of luck looking for an answer. I can help with anything if you need.

• I'm getting a lot of errors thrown out on server launch in 1.9.2.1, to do with bot inventory building:

An item with ID: 560837544bdc2de22e8b456e is causing problems. This item has been bypassed and your game should run properly, but you may want to report this error.

An item with ID: 560837824bdc2d57468b4568 is causing problems. This item has been bypassed and your game should run properly, but you may want to report this error.

An item with ID: 5608379a4bdc2d26448b4569 is causing problems. This item has been bypassed and your game should run properly, but you may want to report this error.

An item with ID: 5608379a4bdc2d26448b4569 is causing problems. This item has been bypassed and your game should run properly, but you may want to report this error.

An item with ID: 55d45f484bdc2d972f8b456d is causing problems. This item has been bypassed and your game should run properly, but you may want to report this error.

An item with ID: 55d45f484bdc2d972f8b456d is causing problems. This item has been bypassed and your game should run properly, but you may want to report this error.

That is a sample of the output, but it seems to run for thousands of lines (and for each inventory type - assault, assaultgroup, bear etc.) before completing. This doesn't happen with 1.9.1.1.

• That was my mistake, I'd forgotten that there were legitimate reasons for the mod to reach that particular state. It's fixed now, and should be handling the actual error quietly in the background, if it's what I think it was.

• That was my mistake, I'd forgotten that there were legitimate reasons for the mod to reach that particular state. It's fixed now, and should be handling the actual error quietly in the background, if it's what I think it was.

Great, thanks for the update. I suspected it might be something like that, as the actual weapon/mod generation on the bots in-game didn't seem any different in comparison to 1.9.1.1.

• Another fun one, for some reason cultists are spawning on ALL (Night) maps, and they're spawning with weapons they just don't use with the best ammo of that caliber. Is that a config setting I fucked up or a bug? LMK :D

• Another fun one, for some reason cultists are spawning on ALL (Night) maps, and they're spawning with weapons they just don't use with the best ammo of that caliber. Is that a config setting I fucked up or a bug? LMK :D

NVM that, they are now using the weapons and also spawning with some of the best armor in the game?

• Just to add to this, I am still occasionally seeing this behaviour on 1.9.2.2, even with the difficulty modifiers set to 0. It's always been PMCs too, pretty sure I have never seen a scav or raider do it.

I am not using the new spawn system, as it creates the empty raid issue for me.

• NVM that, they are now using the weapons and also spawning with some of the best armor in the game?

I have two waves of five cultists (One priest and four warriors) set to spawn by default in the config, but you ought to be able to turn the off without any issues.

As for their gear, I don't actually touch cultist loadouts yet, they're just.. Yeah. They're apparently supposed to have hexgrids and BS ammo and whatever else, it's this way on live as well. -Maybe they summon them in their weird little cultist rooms?

Or.. Just to confirm, what do you mean by 'weapons they don't use'? Is there anything not on the warrior and priest lists here?

Just to add to this, I am still occasionally seeing this behaviour on 1.9.2.2, even with the difficulty modifiers set to 0. It's always been PMCs too, pretty sure I have never seen a scav or raider do it.

I am not using the new spawn system, as it creates the empty raid issue for me.

Hmmn. Well, I'll keep at it, and see what I can find.

• Shit my bad, just checked the wiki before coming back after downloading the new version. You're totally right. They do carry boosted shit. I enjoy having them, just turned down the number that spawn for my own mental health on night raids. But you should change "OnlyWorksProperlyWhenTaggedAndCursedIsEnabled" to something else because they spawn in ALL night raids no matter the map even if tagged and cursed is off. As for "weapons they don't just use" I believe it was the AI wiggin out and using melee weapons above guns. No worries on your part :D. Keep up the great work, 11/10 mod for sure.

EDIT: Just got done with a quick 10m night raid on customs and only saw cultists (Which shouldn't be happening right? They don't spawn on that map) But also they were just running around, they had guns and everything but for some reason they just didn't shoot and only ran away from me. They were also all named "Zhrec" for some reason.

Edited once, last by OldRelic ().

• So looks like that the "No ammo in mags issue" is a conflict with EliteCheez's Advanced Custom Weapons issue because of the fact that most (if not all) of the guns I find that have this issue are using mags or ammo types that are foreign to the weapon in reference, and your mod or his just doesn't know how to read it or what to do I'm guessing. But I believe that's the issue

Edited once, last by OldRelic ().

• Is it possible that sniper scavs are spawning anywhere now and not just on their intended position?

Just killed a scav carrying an SVDS right next to the bunker on coastline, where he would be normally supposed to stand on top of the rock. This happened at least on "usenewspawnsystem" = true and "removevanillaspawns" = false

• So looks like that the "No ammo in mags issue" is a conflict with EliteCheez's Advanced Custom Weapons issue because of the fact that most (if not all) of the guns I find that have this issue are using mags or ammo types that are foreign to the weapon in reference, and your mod or his just doesn't know how to read it or what to do I'm guessing. But I believe that's the issue

I appreciate you narrowing it down, I'll take a closer look at ACW and see if there's anything I can do to make them more compatible.

-As for the scavs and OnlyWorksProperlyWhenTaggedAndCursedIsEnabled, it's named that because I was having trouble getting them to be aggressive unless tagged and cursed was enabled. ..But now I seem to have done something that fixed that, so the tag name might get changed around again if it's consistent.

Is it possible that sniper scavs are spawning anywhere now and not just on their intended position?

Just killed a scav carrying an SVDS right next to the bunker on coastline, where he would be normally supposed to stand on top of the rock. This happened at least on "usenewspawnsystem" = true and "removevanillaspawns" = false

I don't think it should be possible, since only newly-added spawns will be given randomly generated spawn points, and I don't actually add any new sniper spawns. But I'll take a look and make sure, just in case.

Edit: Oh, actually, I can think of one way that could happen. If evenlySpreadAllSpawnLocations was set to true, that could possibly do it, and I'll need to add something in to keep that from happening.

• Yeah of course, glad to help out.

• Here are some extra error logs which might or might not help you, Figured you'd appreciate them :D

Unfortunately those are what I consider 'standard' errors for the mod. -Due to the way AKI generates bot weapons, and the way some weapon mods conflict with others, it's relatively easy for AKI to paint itself into a corner while generating a weapon and be left with no compatible options for a certain vital part. It's possible to remove them entirely by setting modQuality to 10 for all types of bots, but the errors themselves aren't very harmful. -When the game can't generate a weapon, it just defaults them to a known-to-work preset.

But I've made some progress with ACW, I believe. It's not fixed yet, but it seems to happen less often now that I've changed how it figures out what bullets a gun should use.

• Unfortunately those are what I consider 'standard' errors for the mod. -Due to the way AKI generates bot weapons, and the way some weapon mods conflict with others, it's relatively easy for AKI to paint itself into a corner while generating a weapon and be left with no compatible options for a certain vital part. It's possible to remove them entirely by setting modQuality to 10 for all types of bots, but the errors themselves aren't very harmful. -When the game can't generate a weapon, it just defaults them to a known-to-work preset.

But I've made some progress with ACW, I believe. It's not fixed yet, but it seems to happen less often now that I've changed how it figures out what bullets a gun should use.

That's alright, thanks for the update. It's mainly all jargon to me but I figured I would post it for you to get some more insight and worse comes to worse it does nothing for you.

• Fin added a new version:

Fin

Edited once, last by Fin ().

• Good news and bad news.. part of the mod work, such as faction identifier work. Some doesn't such as pmc faction cannot be set. start time does not work. And parts from AKi7 seems not compatible with B2.

This is only part of the error message when loading into raid.

Back to 7.3 lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!