Fin's AI Tweaks (FAIT)

• Khadafi

Config file is fine. I even did a fresh download of the mod (without altering the config file), and I still run into the issue. When I remove the mod, the server launches normally. I haven't altered mod.js in anyway as well.

I'll try a fresh install of SPTarkov and try the mod again.

• Found the issue... After some trial and error, I found out it wasn't liking the EreshkigalAllInOne mod I had. I updated to the latest version and Fin's mod was able to build the bot inventory files successfully and now launches without issue.

• Yeah I get the same error as NakedMuffinTime but updating EreshkigalAllInOne to the latest version didn't fix it.

Also, after reverting to an earlier version of Fin's mod I get no Scavs or PMC's spawning, just raiders everywhere. No matter how much I mess with the spawns (replace scavs with raiders at 0, and replace scavs with PMCs at 100, remove extra raider spawns) it's just raiders and scav bosses on all the maps.

• That sounds like there's a bad item that's slipped through my filters. -Some mods add weapons or attachments or whatever else that will reference things that don't exist, and that's almost always what's causing the issue. I suspect that the All In One mod wasn't the root culprit, in Muffin's case, but I can't be sure.

I have an idea for a potential fix, and a way to see if it's a bad item causing the issue. If you open up mod.js and find these lines:

let slotLoc = database_f.server.tables.templates.items[i]._props.Slots.findIndex(i => i._name == n)

if (bot.inventory.mods[i][n].length == 0 && database_f.server.tables.templates.items[i]._props.Slots[slotLoc]._required)

and change them to:

let slotLoc = database_f.server.tables.templates.items[i]._props.Slots.findIndex(i => i._name == n)

console.log(i)

if (bot.inventory.mods[i][n].length == 0 && slotLoc && database_f.server.tables.templates.items[i]._props.Slots[slotLoc]._required)

The last item ID that appears before the error will be the one that's causing the problem, assuming I'm reading everything correctly. It's also possible you won't get that error anymore, due to the extra check to make sure slotLoc was given a value (If there was a mismatch in slot names that could cause that type of error, and this would fix that)

Edited 2 times, last by Fin ().

• I have to correct myself: pmcs from the same side are still not atacking me, even when set to true.

I tried it with this mod alone and no other active.

It even overrides the standard setting of customs where every PMC should be hostile, so they are frindly now.

That's very strange, because I just fixed a bug where that setting was having no effect on PMCs whatsoever, due to a variable in the config I misnamed in the release. ..That's what I get for trying to make things more legible x.x.

Edited once, last by Fin ().

• Hey, sometimes I am coming across Scavs, PMCs and Raiders who have guns and mags but no ammo for them. I do get an error in yellow in the server when this happens, could this be a conflict with another mod?

• That's very strange, because I just fixed a bug where that setting was having no effect on PMCs whatsoever, due to a variable in the config I misnamed in the release. ..That's what I get for trying to make things more legible x.x.

ok I tried it, not working still I´m afraid... :(...

Did it work for you when you tried?

Because I´m beginning to think the problem could be on my end, although I completly reinstalled aki and only used your mod....

• Hey, sometimes I am coming across Scavs, PMCs and Raiders who have guns and mags but no ammo for them. I do get an error in yellow in the server when this happens, could this be a conflict with another mod?

So what's probably happening there is that they're running out of ammo while fighting other bots. AKI gives each bot four stacks of extra ammo in their secure containers that they can use to instantly reload their mags with, but once that runs out they'll have empty mags and guns.

The yellow errors likely aren't the culprit, there, since when you get those it's usually alongside an error where the game replaces their weapon, ammo and magazines with a default set that should always have ammo.

• ok I tried it, not working still I´m afraid... :(...

Did it work for you when you tried?

Because I´m beginning to think the problem could be on my end, although I completly reinstalled aki and only used your mod....

It seems to be working for me, but I didn't have the chance to do more than a couple quick tests tonight. Honestly, since you were having problems with it while using a version that shouldn't have been doing anything at all, I suspect the issue lies elsewhere. ..I'm just not sure exactly where.

• It seems to be working for me, but I didn't have the chance to do more than a couple quick tests tonight. Honestly, since you were having problems with it while using a version that shouldn't have been doing anything at all, I suspect the issue lies elsewhere. ..I'm just not sure exactly where.

Man I don´t get it. I remember it working with Andrudis QoL-Configurator alone, which has the same option, then it suddenly stopped and I can´t find the reason why. Since with your or his mod alone and a fresh install it also won´t work, I suspected something laying in the user or temp folders... I´ll keep looking :crying_face:

Edited 5 times, last by Khadafi ().

• 5d52cc5ba4b9367408500062 is the last item ID which is the AGS grenade launcher

• Man I don´t get it. I remember it working with Andrudis QoL-Configurator alone, which has the same option, then it suddenly stopped and I can´t find the reason why. Since with your or his mod alone and a fresh install it also won´t work, I suspected something laying in the user or temp folders... I´ll keep looking :crying_face:

Also getting this error, I'll spawn fresh into a raid, kill someone within the first 30 seconds and sometimes they will have no ammo in their guns or in any of their mags. My game is heavily modded though, so I can't help all that much aside from saying I also am having this issue

• 5d52cc5ba4b9367408500062 is the last item ID which is the AGS grenade launcher

That's odd. -Did you clear out the doNotUseTheseThings entry in the config? By default the AGS is in there, so if you didn't clear it and it's slipping through, then I've left a hole somewhere where the blacklist isn't being respected.

Also getting this error, I'll spawn fresh into a raid, kill someone within the first 30 seconds and sometimes they will have no ammo in their guns or in any of their mags. My game is heavily modded though, so I can't help all that much aside from saying I also am having this issue

I'll keep looking into this. If you want, post the errors you get when starting a raid in the thread as a spoiler, and I'll see if there's anything unusual popping up there.

Man I don´t get it. I remember it working with Andrudis QoL-Configurator alone, which has the same option, then it suddenly stopped and I can´t find the reason why. Since with your or his mod alone and a fresh install it also won´t work, I suspected something laying in the user or temp folders... I´ll keep looking :crying_face:

It seems to be working for me, but.. Yeah. There's already some weirdness that happens with PMCs, but only for some people, so I can't be sure my results are typical. -This is just a thought, and I'm sorry to be putting the burden of testing on someone else, but you might try disabling AI changes for all types of bots in the config, and seeing if that does anything, since AI changes and PMC ROE are handled in separate sections of the code, and ROE changes will happen even if AI changes don't. It.. Shouldn't change anything, but at this point I'm willing to start blaming black magic.

Edit: I'm a bit of an idiot. I was forgetting which faction my new testing account was, because it uses the awesome invisible head option. It's not working as it's supposed to, and I'm disabling it in the next version update while I search for answers.

Edited 3 times, last by Fin ().

• Also getting this error, I'll spawn fresh into a raid, kill someone within the first 30 seconds and sometimes they will have no ammo in their guns or in any of their mags. My game is heavily modded though, so I can't help all that much aside from saying I also am having this issue

I COULD be having an idea for a workaround:

Set "loadGearFromFile" to true and go to the corresponding bots file.

Now add all ammo types available in the game to the "patron_in_weapon" section and for every available magazine in the "catriges" section of the corresponding weapon. It´s very tedious but I did the same, espacially for scavs in addition to changing "ammoRemoveGood_Bad" since I wanted to see a higher variaty of ammo in general and also to add to the chance of PMCs to survive against scavs more often.

In case you are having no idea what the heck I´m talking about, let me know of a weapon that is effected and I can tell you what to add where.

Edited once, last by Khadafi ().

• That's odd. -Did you clear out the doNotUseTheseThings entry in the config? By default the AGS is in there, so if you didn't clear it and it's slipping through, then I've left a hole somewhere where the blacklist isn't being respected.

Nope, haven't touched that entry in the config. Fresh download of v1.9.1.1 with no changes made. I'm also having the issue again where every item is unexamined and needs inspecting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!