SPT Realism Mod

• Good day

Ever since I updated to the new version while I am hip firing I can't move the gun left or right only up and down but I can while I am aimed down the sight, when I delete the config in BepInEx it got fixed but happened again mid raid after a while.

Figured out that turning off hip fire recoil climb causes this and turning it on fixes it.

Edited 3 times, last by Brin3 ().

• Hello Fontaine,

The newest update on Realism seems to cause the process of creating a new character to fail.

It happens precisely at/after this message in the terminal:

[Client Request] /client/handbook/templates

Here is the Error:

I have singled out Realism Server Mod and can confirm it is Realism Mod causing this - Unless it's a conflict between a Client mod and Realism.

Could you help me understand what might be wrong?

• It caused an error and changing the level does nothing at all so I scrapped it to work on better things.

Good day

Ever since I updated to the new version while I am hip firing I can't move the gun left or right only up and down but I can while I am aimed down the sight, when I delete the config in BepInEx it got fixed but happened again mid raid after a while.

Figured out that turning off hip fire recoil climb causes this and turning it on fixes it.

I don't see a way a bug like that could suddenly come back like that, like with any bug without steps to reproduce it there's nothing I can do.

First thing to do when having mod trouble is to try the mod by itself to make sure it's not conflicting with another.

• Hi, Fontaine.

I just saw the new version uploaded. Thanks for this! Is it possible to update from 0.8.72 and keep the settings changed through Bepinex? I tweaked some values for reload speeds and the position of the stances.

Thank you

• It caused an error and changing the level does nothing at all so I scrapped it to work on better things.

I don't see a way a bug like that could suddenly come back like that, like with any bug without steps to reproduce it there's nothing I can do.

First thing to do when having mod trouble is to try the mod by itself to make sure it's not conflicting with another.

Should I single out the client mods as well?

• Hi, Fontaine.

I just saw the new version uploaded. Thanks for this! Is it possible to update from 0.8.72 and keep the settings changed through Bepinex? I tweaked some values for reload speeds and the position of the stances.

Thank you

make a backup of the old config in bepinex/configs, but it should keep those saved settings. If not you'll have to open the old config with a text editor and manually update your settings.

• Fontaine added a new version:

• Greetings, I have a super odd FPS drop issue that happens only when I take a weapon in my hands and the FPS drop varies from 30 FPS to odd, massive 100 FPS. Even weirder, the FPS goes back to 144 only when I reload and as soon as the reload animation ends, the FPS drops back to wherever it was.

There isn't a specific weapon that causes this but from what I see, more parts a weapon has, more FPS drop it means. As an example, a barebone OP-SKS results in 40 FPS loss (which is still super high) while an AK or AR results in 80-100. I remember ending a raid with only 16 FPS in Customs just because I had no guns other than an AKS-74U with no dust cover on.

I have updated and tested all the mods I have by uninstalling them one by one but SPT Realism seems to be the source of this odd issue. When SPT Realism is not installed, there are no issues at all. Is there any way I can provide some logs to help you out? I am having no errors after all, just massive FPS drops.

• Greetings, I have a super odd FPS drop issue that happens only when I take a weapon in my hands and the FPS drop varies from 30 FPS to odd, massive 100 FPS. Even weirder, the FPS goes back to 144 only when I reload and as soon as the reload animation ends, the FPS drops back to wherever it was.

There isn't a specific weapon that causes this but from what I see, more parts a weapon has, more FPS drop it means. As an example, a barebone OP-SKS results in 40 FPS loss (which is still super high) while an AK or AR results in 80-100. I remember ending a raid with only 16 FPS in Customs just because I had no guns other than an AKS-74U with no dust cover on.

I have updated and tested all the mods I have by uninstalling them one by one but SPT Realism seems to be the source of this odd issue. When SPT Realism is not installed, there are no issues at all. Is there any way I can provide some logs to help you out? I am having no errors after all, just massive FPS drops.

Do you have Combat Stances Overhaul or Recoil Overhaul installed?

• Latest couple versions have introduced a weird issue for me where if Im hipfiring in full auto while Im actually firing IE holding down the trigger I cant aim left or right, up and down works fine. Does not present with version 0.8.72.

I assume its something related to the fix for this

• Fixed hipfire horizontal sens being 0 until player ADSs, and fixed hipfire sens using ADS sens as a base value.
  • Latest couple versions have introduced a weird issue for me where if Im hipfiring in full auto while Im actually firing IE holding down the trigger I cant aim left or right, up and down works fine. Does not present with version 0.8.72.

• Fixed hipfire horizontal sens being 0 until player ADSs, and fixed hipfire sens using ADS sens as a base value.

I had the same problem and was able to fix it by enabling the movement changes in the config editor in Realism mod folder and going in-game and turning on hip fire recoil climb from the f12 edit section with it off I could not aim left or right while hip firing for some reason turning it on fixed it for me don't know if it will work for you but give it a try.

• Do you have Combat Stances Overhaul or Recoil Overhaul installed?

I have Combat Stances installed. Only Recoil Overhaul I got is the one included with SPT Realism. I suspected that Combat Stance would be the issue but after isolating it and installing everything except SPT Realism itself, it turned out to be fine.

• I have Combat Stances installed. Only Recoil Overhaul I got is the one included with SPT Realism. I suspected that Combat Stance would be the issue but after isolating it and installing everything except SPT Realism itself, it turned out to be fine.

Combat stances and recoil overhaul is built into realism mod...installing all mods except Realism mod only tells you that the issue can be either a mod conflict or the mod itself. Always try with the mod question by itself before reporting issues.

I had the same problem and was able to fix it by enabling the movement changes in the config editor in Realism mod folder and going in-game and turning on hip fire recoil climb from the f12 edit section with it off I could not aim left or right while hip firing for some reason turning it on fixed it for me don't know if it will work for you but give it a try.

I'll look into it

• Combat stances and recoil overhaul is built into realism mod...installing all mods except Realism mod only tells you that the issue can be either a mod conflict or the mod itself. Always try with the mod question by itself before reporting issues.

I didn't know combat stances was built into the SPT Realism, my bad. Just to make sure, I deleted all mods and installed everything one by one starting from SPT Realism. I installed combat stances lastly since you mentioned it was built into SPT Realism and turns out it was combat stances all along ?(.

I guess something caused this conflict with 3.5.8 update of the mods or I was just lucky since I installed the same updated mods I used from 3.5.5 to 3.5.8. In any case, sorry for the bother mate, thanks for the simple reminder :) I guess I was just super tired to think about installing SPT Tarkov first and others on top of it.

I'll look into it

I'm having the same issue, it looks like if you disable "hipfire recoil climb" in the F12 menu, it will work fine until a game restart. After restarting it will lock your aim horizontally when shooting in hipfire or active aim. Changing the setting again after the initial game reset does nothing to fix the issue.

• I'm having the same issue, it looks like if you disable "hipfire recoil climb" in the F12 menu, it will work fine until a game restart. After restarting it will lock your aim horizontally when shooting in hipfire or active aim. Changing the setting again after the initial game reset does nothing to fix the issue.

That's because you have to restart the game for the change to take effect.

• I had the same problem and was able to fix it by enabling the movement changes in the config editor in Realism mod folder and going in-game and turning on hip fire recoil climb from the f12 edit section with it off I could not aim left or right while hip firing for some reason turning it on fixed it for me don't know if it will work for you but give it a try.

Thanks that worked.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!