Late to the Party

• DanW added a new file:

• DanW added a new version:

Bug fix for minimum time to avoid a "Run Through" status not being adjusted when entering the raid late

You can now run directly to extract after spawning into Factory as a Scav and get a "Survived" status (assuming at least 7 min has passed since the original raid length). That means all of your gear will be FIR when you transfer it to your PMC's stash, just like in live Tarkov!

Now compatible with random raid times generated by Refringe's Custom Raid Times mod

Big update! Loot now despawns gradually throughout the raid (for both your Scav and PMC). Even if you spawn at the beginning of the raid as a PMC, loot will be much more sparse toward the end of the raid. You can no longer be complacent with grabbing the Machinery key or Unknown key just before leaving the raid because it may not be there anymore!

Please read the Overview tab (or README) for more details. The new loot-despawning system is still a work-in-progress and has some minor issues. If you disable it in config.json, the the mod will effectively use the previous system from the 1.0.3 release.

This release is not compatible with SPT-AKI 3.5.4 or older.

• Added map_traversal_speed_mps parameter in config.json to prevent the mod from despawning loot too far away from PMC spawn points to reasonably reach in time. With the default setting, you have 2-3 min to get to Resort before loot can despawn there.
    • Slightly reduced the time delay before loot can begin despawning in PMC raids.

You can use your config.json file from the 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 release, but it's not recommended. If you do, the mod will assume map_traversal_speed_mps=2.

• Significant code refactoring so it's not as bad as BSG's. If I did my job well, you shouldn't notice.
    • Combined loose and static loot pools to make loot despawning seem more random.
    • Slightly reduced initial stuttering when starting a Scav raid.
    • Fixed bug causing items in a container (i.e. backpack) dropped by the player to still be eligible for despawning if they weren't in that container the first time the player dropped it.
    • Suppressed all non-essential messages in the bepinex console if debug=false.

The config.json file from previous releases is NOT compatible.

Alpha release of new system that randomly opens/closes doors throughout the raid (including locked/breachable doors). Since the system needs a lot more testing and tweaking, it's disabled by default. Please see the Overview tab (or README) for known issues, and please let me know if you find any unreported problems or have any other feedback. Shout out to DrakiaXYZ for providing the initial code and inspiration! I'm planning to publish a new release with this system enabled after another ~2 weeks of testing (also because I'll be out of town for a bit).

Otherwise, nothing has changed from the 1.1.3 release.

• Prevent loot from despawning until after a certain amount of time (120s by default) after it first appears on the map. This does not apply to loot initially placed on the map as it's generated. This is to give you time to reach bots that were killed at a distance outside of the exclusion_radius setting for loot despawning.
    • Prevent loot on bots from despawning if they're killed by you or another bot. By default, loot on bots killed by you will never despawn, but loot on bots killed by other bots can still despawn.

The door-opening system is still in alpha testing and therefore is still disabled by default.

• The door-opening system is now functional and enabled by default
    • Implemented new check in DrakiaXYZ's Door Randomizer 1.0.2 mod
    • Prevented doors that don't show context menus to the player from being opened/closed by the mod

config.json files from the 1.1.6 release are compatible with this release.

• The PMC spawn rate now changes dynamically throughout the raid. PMC's are about twice as likely to spawn toward the beginning of the raid and less than half as likely to spawn toward the end of it. The spawn rate changes can be adjusted in config.json.
    • If you spawn into the raid late (namely as a Scav), bosses are less likely to spawn (to "simulate" players killing and looting them).
    • Bug fix for incorrect raid time being used for your PMC character if you first select "Scav", go all the way to the "Ready" page, and then back completely out to the main menu.

You can use your config.json file from the 1.1.6 release or later, but it's not recommended. If you do, the mod will not make any PMC or boss spawn changes.

Loot is now ranked and despawned in order of its perceived "value" but with some amount of randomness applied. If you want to get high-value items, you'll need to run to contested areas right after you spawn just like in live Tarkov. However, thanks to the randomness, there's still a chance you'll be lucky and find a valuable item later in the raid.

The ranking system is still a work-in-progress and will likely be adjusted in the future. If you'd like to play with the ranking parameters, I've provided a utility to view how each item in the game is ranked by the algorithm in the mod (see the README or Overview tab for more information).

• The "mechSKSv1" template looks like something introduced by another mod. Do you know which one it is? It looks like I can't use the SPT code to generate weapons for it, so I'll have to find a workaround.

• The loot-ranking system now uses weapon presets instead of random bot weapons if there are no matching trader offers for it.
    • If there aren't any presets defined for a weapon, a barebones one will be created for it for the purpose of loot-ranking
    • Eliminated "normal" warning and error messages when loot-ranking data is generated

config.json files from the 1.1.9 release are compatible with this release.

I have only tested this release with SPT-AKI 3.5.5. If I find any incompatibilities with SPT-AKI 3.5.6, I'll post a new version.

• With V1.1.9 my game is loading to a blank main menu.

Here is a snippet of what's showing up in the logs:

Could you please try v1.1.10 when you get a chance? It should hopefully fix the issue with the "mechSKSv1" template. If not, could you please let me know what other mods you're using?

• Alright, I went ahead and tested it.

This is what I'm seeing:
    - Still starting at a blank main menu but the server isn't listing a ton of errors
    - Server seems to hang at "[Late to the Part] Creating loot ranking data..."
    - Server will sit like this for around 60 seconds before crashing/closing itself.

My full mod list is here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…Basics_for_SPT_3.5.5.docxI also included a screenshot of the current load order.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this!

• Thanks, I must still be overlooking something.

If you have time, could you please try doing the following to help me understand where it's hanging?

1) Set debug=true in config/config.json

2) Open src/LootRankingGenerator.ts and change line 15 (const verboseLogging = false;) from false to true
    3) Also in src/LootRankingGenerator.ts, uncomment line 462 (by removing the leading "//")

4) Restart the server and try running the game. You should see a ton of messages appear when it's generating loot ranking data.

5) Share the most recent server log file in user/logs/ after it crashes (or freezes for longer than you want to wait).

6) After sharing the log, if the extra messages are distracting you can revert the changes in steps 1-3 if you'd like.

You'll need a program like Notepad++ to see line numbers in the files, so hopefully I'm not signing you up for too much extra work!

I'll have to look through those mods and try to find that template so I can test it, but it'll probably take me a few days to find a solution. In the meantime, setting destroy_loot_during_raid.loot_ranking.enabled=false should allow the mod to work for you with the latest changes besides loot ranking.

Sorry it's still not working correctly, and thanks for helping me troubleshoot!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!