SPT Realism Mod

• Sorry to hear that but I'm not sure how the mod can cause this. Try checking the BepInEx/LogOutput.log for errors.

Alright, I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if there's anything informative in there when it crashes.

• Are your drivers up to date?

• What version of Realism are you using (and SPT Aki version) and is this a recently issue that has popped up with an update or change of game version or is this an ongoing issue that you are having?

Ultimately this is VERY unlikely to be directly related to Realism or any of the changes that it makes, it may just be that Realism is causing more of a performance impact on your system. Generally instability such that you are describing may be due to overclocking, is your ram, cpu or gpu overclocked? If I had to guess it would likely be related to ram.

In checking his bepindex file we found an error with dogtag generation. He has a snip of it, but didnt post it like i thought he had. I will have him do it today. Though i dont know how dogtag generation would cause crashes like that

• In checking his bepindex file we found an error with dogtag generation. He has a snip of it, but didnt post it like i thought he had. I will have him do it today. Though i dont know how dogtag generation would cause crashes like that

Not sure either, I have personally been having an issue with Tarkov (SPT AKI) closing itself without giving error messages, just simply closing to desktop but that is due to an alpha mod that I am helping work on having a memory leak.. The unfortunate thing being that it seems you guys have discounted that as being an issue. I am quite stumped.

• Having an issue with the mod. I have version 3.5.4 of STP. When I launch the server I get this error.

Mod: SPT Realism Mod version: 0.7.10 by: Fontaine loaded

The application had a critical error and failed to run

Exception produced: TypeError: undefined is not a function

Stacktrace:

TypeError: undefined is not a function

at new BotGeneratorHelper (C:\snapshot\project\obj\helpers\BotGeneratorHelper.js)

at new BotGenHelper (C:\SPT\user\mods\SPT-Realism-Mod\src\bot_gen.js:258:1)

at Main.preAkiLoad (C:\SPT\user\mods\SPT-Realism-Mod\src\mod.js:119:32)

at PreAkiModLoader.executeMods (C:\snapshot\project\obj\loaders\PreAkiModLoader.js)

at PreAkiModLoader.load (C:\snapshot\project\obj\loaders\PreAkiModLoader.js)

at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)

at process.runNextTicks [as _tickCallback] (node:internal/process/task_queues:65:3)

at Function.runMain (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1984:13)

at node:internal/main/run_main_module:17:47

I have no other mods installed and I have also tried Realism version: 0.7.8 and get the same error.

• 0.7.10 is for version 3.5.5 ONLY, if you are running 3.5.4 you need 0.7.8

• Not sure either, I have personally been having an issue with Tarkov (SPT AKI) closing itself without giving error messages, just simply closing to desktop but that is due to an alpha mod that I am helping work on having a memory leak.. The unfortunate thing being that it seems you guys have discounted that as being an issue. I am quite stumped.

We had honestly almost hoped it was just a bad AKi install, but no, we were able to run vanilla far past when the crashes had been occurring. We are looking into if maybe it was a Bear specific issue, maybe do to some user end error with cyrillic names interacting with dogtag generation. Honestly its got us stumped too aside from knowing with realism it crashes without it it doesnt. Which sucks cause we both want realism to work lol

• Kinda curious is there someway in configs to self edit the ranges the bot tiers spawn in, say extend them from a 1-34 range to more a 1-50ish range?

You can pretty much accomplish that with current config but setting them as the same odds. BTW, did you resolve the issue with bots tanking multiple headshots? Important for me to fix it if it's a bug.

In checking his bepindex file we found an error with dogtag generation. He has a snip of it, but didnt post it like i thought he had. I will have him do it today. Though i dont know how dogtag generation would cause crashes like that

That happens when you die or quit raid with alt-f4 IIRC, and no that wouldn't be the cause of the crashes. Is he using the higher bot cap option, high or horde bot spawn amount? Maybe try full default config settings for both config app and the in-game config and see if that resolves it, then we can figure out which option combinations is causing it if any. Maybe also try clearing the cache in user/cache and bepinex/cache

• You can pretty much accomplish that with current config but setting them as the same odds. BTW, did you resolve the issue with bots tanking multiple headshots? Important for me to fix it if it's a bug.

Apparently it was an ai behavior mod maybe?, I deleted some stuff and it seemed to work? I'm assuming it was me trying those new light based ai reaction mods, they were causing a bunch of WEIRD other stuff too like infinite pumping on shotguns when trying to fire, so I'm going to take a guess and say it was that.

So sorry for the false alarm, I couldn't imagine that was causing so many issues, but it was.

• You can pretty much accomplish that with current config but setting them as the same odds. BTW, did you resolve the issue with bots tanking multiple headshots? Important for me to fix it if it's a bug.

That happens when you die or quit raid with alt-f4 IIRC, and no that wouldn't be the cause of the crashes. Is he using the higher bot cap option, high or horde bot spawn amount? Maybe try full default config settings for both config app and the in-game config and see if that resolves it, then we can figure out which option combinations is causing it if any. Maybe also try clearing the cache in user/cache and bepinex/cache

He's using the regular bot cap, i'll have him do both of those things, provided i can get him on today. I'll let you know the results. Thanks for the reply

Small update, he went full default and hasnt had any crashes since then. Gonna start adding settings back tomorrow

• I'm having a bit of a strange issue and was hoping to get some insight potentially. I'm working on grenadier currently and felt that some of my nades were not doing proper damage or any damage at all,now it could have been some bad nades at that time so I took extra time in placing my nades to the point where I was rolling them under ai and it would still do little to no damage at all. I experimented a little bit more and used a grenade launcher and was getting the same results with every explosive ammo type from pretty much every gl type. I went through and was disabling mods to see where the potential issue was and I came to the conclusion that when having the realistic ballistics feature enabled and working my grenades just become inert, and when I disabled it and removed the dll my grenades seem to be working as they should. Sorry that this is a bit wordy but if there is some insight that anyone has that could potentially resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated :)

• Small update, he went full default and hasnt had any crashes since then. Gonna start adding settings back tomorrow

Sounds like it's a certain combination of config options then, will be tricky to troubleshoot but hopefully we can figure it out.

I'm having a bit of a strange issue and was hoping to get some insight potentially. I'm working on grenadier currently and felt that some of my nades were not doing proper damage or any damage at all,now it could have been some bad nades at that time so I took extra time in placing my nades to the point where I was rolling them under ai and it would still do little to no damage at all. I experimented a little bit more and used a grenade launcher and was getting the same results with every explosive ammo type from pretty much every gl type. I went through and was disabling mods to see where the potential issue was and I came to the conclusion that when having the realistic ballistics feature enabled and working my grenades just become inert, and when I disabled it and removed the dll my grenades seem to be working as they should. Sorry that this is a bit wordy but if there is some insight that anyone has that could potentially resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated :)

I can't reproduce this issue unfortunately. Did you try realism by itself? Could be a mod conflict.

https://i.imgur.com/i7Qe31F.mp4

• Sounds like it's a certain combination of config options then, will be tricky to troubleshoot but hopefully we can figure it out.

I can't reproduce this issue unfortunately. Did you try realism by itself? Could be a mod conflict.

https://i.imgur.com/i7Qe31F.mp4

I couldn't test more at the time but I essentially started fresh and reintroduced the mods little by little and I don't seem to be having the issue anymore. If I had to guess there was probably a load order issue and I sorted it out. apologies for having wasted some of your time and not providing some proper conclusion other than me being a bit stupid at the time.

• I couldn't test more at the time but I essentially started fresh and reintroduced the mods little by little and I don't seem to be having the issue anymore. If I had to guess there was probably a load order issue and I sorted it out. apologies for having wasted some of your time and not providing some proper conclusion other than me being a bit stupid at the time.

Don't sweat it, glad it's resolved and not my fault :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!