Fin's AI Tweaks (FAIT)

• Fin added a new file:

Fin
  • Hey im new to SPT Aki and i was wondering if i can make this work in spt aki r7 of the thing ^^ not sure if its possible and how and what not :D but i like the idea to have harder scavs.
    Same for the Economy Tweaks. i would love to use both of the modfs

• been testing it out for a few hours.

is there a way to make all raiders in the map not rush you down and put a bullet in your ass if you shoot one of them?

i've edited vision+hearing distance to be lower but even still if i kill one dude the rest just rush me down

• Hi its me again :D

So i tried to use this mod and i really like how the bots react and how hard they are. even that you can disable their voices.

but i get like 30 fps less then without this mod. (from 60[vsync] to 30). tried to change bot variables of spawns. used the vanilla spawn thingy and tried all i can think of. any ideas what else i could try?

• Should the removevanillaspawns (for scavs and AI) and newspawnsystem be enabled together or not? I had removevanillaspawns enabled and newspawnsystem enabled and had a completely dead Customs raid. I heard no shooting and traversed most of the map without even seeing a single AI.

• Fin added a new version:

Fin

Version 1.9 for AKI8.8 servers.

This is completely untested. I can verify that the server loads, but that's as much as I've checked so far. Individual parts of the mod may fail to function properly in the current bleeding-edge release.

• Fin added a new version:

Fin
  • Thank you very much for the new version and espcially for adding the possibility for PMCs of same side to become hostile.

I can also confirm PMCs spawning for me now, even with new spawn system set to true.

But I experienced something strange in the first two rounds I played.

I found PMCs (bear) just standing still, not moveing and not even having their weapon equipped, while their team mates very shooting at me right away. I even went and stood right in front oh them: nothing, not even a step aside...

Any idea what could cause this?

AI in general seems a little strange now. They just go full auto, everytime they spot someone, until their clip is empty, even at very long distance...

Edited 2 times, last by Khadafi ().

• Oh and in my Opinion there are way to many raiders now, at least on factory.

Is there a way to reduce their numbers with the new spawn system?

And when setting newspawnsystem to false, PMCs are absent again, at least for me on coastline.

Edited once, last by Khadafi ().

• When updating to the new version of this mod, I can confirm the AI on Interchange with newspawnsystem set to True and both factions will attack Player on sight will now act very weird. Exactly like Khadafi said above, the AI shoot full auto until clip is empty and on a few occasions will just stand there or run off to a "safe place" and when confronted they won't shoot at all. On the other hand, on occasions they try and shoot you from 100's of meters away through vehicles, walls etc. Sounds strange but it happens.

I can't for the life of me understand what could cause the AI's to act like this, I haven't really changed that much in the INI file mainly the armour min-max, weapon min-max levels, mod-quality, how many Scav, PMC's & Raiders are on the map, that's it.

The mod itself is fantastic and gives the game more life but there must be something conflicting somewhere we just need to find it.

EDIT: I will test a bit more with some custom settings in the INI file and update with more information, sorry for being vague.

Roach

• So apparently I don't get notifications when new messages appear in this thread. Sorry for the delay in getting to some of these.

Hey im new to SPT Aki and i was wondering if i can make this work in spt aki r7 of the thing ^^ not sure if its possible and how and what not :D but i like the idea to have harder scavs.
    Same for the Economy Tweaks. i would love to use both of the modfs

Economy tweaks only works with r7, so that shouldn't be a problem, and as long as you download the versions of the AI mod marked as being for AKI7, that should also work just fine for that!

Hi its me again :D

So i tried to use this mod and i really like how the bots react and how hard they are. even that you can disable their voices.

but i get like 30 fps less then without this mod. (from 60[vsync] to 30). tried to change bot variables of spawns. used the vanilla spawn thingy and tried all i can think of. any ideas what else i could try?

FPS is largely tied to the number of living bots in your raids, so reducing the amount set to spawn in the config should help improve FPS, though I made some small changes in the latest version that also help things a little bit.

Should the removevanillaspawns (for scavs and AI) and newspawnsystem be enabled together or not? I had removevanillaspawns enabled and newspawnsystem enabled and had a completely dead Customs raid. I heard no shooting and traversed most of the map without even seeing a single AI.

I think I answered this in the main comments page, but that's probably due to useNewSpawnSystem, unless the config was set to spawn 0 extra waves of bots. You can use them together without errors, though.

Unless the [bot]DifficultyMod_Neg3_3 values are changed, the AI is using almost the exact same values it was using in the previous version, so the only two things I can think of that could be causing that are the sameFactionPMCsShootPlayerOnSight_true_false_'Default' setting in the config, and the stat rounding function. Try setting sameFactionPMCsShootPlayerOnSight_true_false_'Default' to 'default', and see if that changes anything.

As for stat rounding, I don't expect this will do anything but give you slightly worse performance, but you can try disabling it by changing the line:

this.roundAllBotStats()

to

//this.roundAllBotStats()

Oh and in my Opinion there are way to many raiders now, at least on factory.

Is there a way to reduce their numbers with the new spawn system?

And when setting newspawnsystem to false, PMCs are absent again, at least for me on coastline.

The only raiders that should be getting added are ones set to spawn in the config, so you should be able to reduce them there. However, if useNewSpawnSystem is set to false, the precise number you get will be higher than whatever you enter, usually by about 50%, but it varies depending on the size of waves you add (The exact formula per-wave is 50%, and truncating the result. So 5 becomes 7, 2 becomes 3, and 10 becomes 15). This is not a problem unique to my mod, and occurs even with manual edits to the map wave entries. Setting useNewSpawnSystem to true fixes this, but can cause problems for some people.

Edited 2 times, last by Fin ().

• I am experiencing the same PMC's just standing around. I originally had:

sameFactionPMCsShootPlayerOnSight_true_false_'Default' set to true

Changed it to false with the same behavior and tried to change it to Default, default, 'Default' and 'default' but get an error message from your mod upon server startup. I also have:

PMCDifficultyMod_Neg3_3 set to 3

• PMCDifficultyMod_Neg3_3 set to 3

I think it's this. I lowered it to 2 and haven't seen any brainless bot eversince, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Edit: Nevermind, happens on 2 also...

On top of all the weirdness, it was a group of two PMCs. While one was working as intended,

the frozen one was an excact copy of the first one. Same name, same equipment, same level. A scav was a few meters away, ignoring him the whole time. It's almost like the bot creation progress got interrupted.

Edited 6 times, last by Khadafi ().

• I think it's this. I lowered it to 2 and haven't seen any brainless bot eversince, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Edit: Nevermind, happens on 2 also...

On top of all the weirdness, it was a group of two PMCs. While one was working as intended,

the frozen one was an excact copy of the first one. Same name, same equipment, same level. A scav was a few meters away, ignoring him the whole time. It's almost like the bot creation progress got interrupted.

So is it just PMCs that are doing this for you? I'm having a bit of a look over it this weekend, and if it's just PMCs that makes it a little easier to troubleshoot (I hope >>;).

The sameFactionPMCsShootPlayerOnSight_true_false_'default' option also needs default to be in reqular quotes. -It's hard to make that clear, though, without breaking the JSON format.

Edited once, last by Fin ().

• I have to correct myself: pmcs from the same side are still not atacking me, even when set to true.

I tried it with this mod alone and no other active.

It even overrides the standard setting of customs where every PMC should be hostile, so they are frindly now.

• Hey Fin,

When I launch my server with your latest version of your mod, I receive the following:

I also notice that under bot_inventories, only assault.json is there, and this is after emptying the folder to have your mod rebuild those inventory files.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!