• Fontaine added a new version:

Fontaine's FOV Fix v1.4.9 for SPT AKI 3.5.5

NOT compatible with earlier versions of SPT

Fixed bad upload, apologies!

Fontaine's FOV Fix v1.5.0 for SPT AKI 3.5.7

Changes:

• Added the ability to zoom when not ADSed (like in ARMA, etc.).
    • Added Camera Smooth config options for pistols and optics separately. If you are using Realism or Combat Stances I recommend setting pistol camera smooth to 0, this eliminates the weird shoulder movement and smoothens it out (you will lose any zoom though).
    • Added Optic Offset config options for pistols separately.

Fontaine's FOV Fix v1.5.1 for SPT AKI 3.5.7

Changes:

• Added config option to disable toggle zoom if not ADSing

• Fontaine

Changed the title of the thread from “Fontaine's FOV Fix” to “Fontaine's FOV Fix & Variable Optics”.
  • What's up!

With the new version of the FOV Fix mod, scopes that have 1x magnification have this strange bug when aiming. I tried with the SR-25 and the Remington 700 and they have the same problem when using the scopes. I am using version 3.5.8 with the Realism mod and the EFT Scope and Red Dot Sight Overhaul by Geff Hannigan.

As you can see in the photos, the scopes show the inside of the silencer when aiming with the 1x (the photo on the right is with a VUDU, while the photo on the left is with a SpecterDR).

• I have the same issue.
    It doesn't just show inside of the silencer, but inside of the barrel in general (no muzzle device attached here)

and even through devices like this:

In comparison the red dot:

• I'm experiencing a breaking bug. When I ADS and shoot, the mouse locks into place and I'm unable to track. I'm getting the following error.

I have FOVFix.dll, FOVFix-Recoil-Bridge.dll, and RecoilStandalone.dll installed. I am not using Realism.

Code: Console Error
    2023-07-14 11:19:51.940 -04:00|0.13.0.5.23399|Error|Default|
    EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RealismMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'RealismMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    2023-07-14 11:19:51.940 -04:00|0.13.0.5.23399|Error|Default|FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RealismMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    Class311:UnityEngine.ILogHandler.LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
  • Zoom steps setting doesn't seem to apply when using the scroll wheel bind

Scroll wheel steps are determined by your OS/Mouse software, or however else Unity handles it.

What's up!

With the new version of the FOV Fix mod, scopes that have 1x magnification have this strange bug when aiming. I tried with the SR-25 and the Remington 700 and they have the same problem when using the scopes. I am using version 3.5.8 with the Realism mod and the EFT Scope and Red Dot Sight Overhaul by Geff Hannigan.

As you can see in the photos, the scopes show the inside of the silencer when aiming with the 1x (the photo on the right is with a VUDU, while the photo on the left is with a SpecterDR).

You'll either have to increase the game FOV to about 70, or lower the base FOV for variable optics in the config which will unfortunately get rid of true 1x. Looking for a solution but there might not be one.

I'm experiencing a breaking bug. When I ADS and shoot, the mouse locks into place and I'm unable to track. I'm getting the following error.

I have FOVFix.dll, FOVFix-Recoil-Bridge.dll, and RecoilStandalone.dll installed. I am not using Realism.

Code: Console Error
    2023-07-14 11:19:51.940 -04:00|0.13.0.5.23399|Error|Default|
    EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RealismMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'RealismMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    2023-07-14 11:19:51.940 -04:00|0.13.0.5.23399|Error|Default|FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RealismMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    Class311:UnityEngine.ILogHandler.LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Will be fixed later

Scroll wheel steps are determined by your OS/Mouse software, or however else Unity handles it

I would presume that 1 scroll step would equal 1 keypress, no?

To explain what I mean further, when you lower the zoom steps setting in the f12 menu it makes the zoom jump in smaller steps per keypress.

But, when using the mod + scroll wheel setting, the zoom steps always step the same amount of zoom per step regardless of what that setting is set to.

• I would presume that 1 scroll step would equal 1 keypress, no?

To explain what I mean further, when you lower the zoom steps setting in the f12 menu it makes the zoom jump in smaller steps per keypress.

But, when using the mod + scroll wheel setting, the zoom steps always step the same amount of zoom per step regardless of what that setting is set to.

Like I said scrollwheel steps are handled by Unity, which probably uses your OS or mouse software setting for scroll steps.

• Like I said scrollwheel steps are handled by Unity, which probably uses your OS or mouse software setting for scroll steps.

I just glanced at your code and did a quick lookup on scroll delta in Unity, scrollDelta will be positive if scrolling up and negative when scrolling down. Instead of just giving your method that zooms in steps the delta itself, you could check if it is positive or negative and then give it your steps amount setting either positive or negative similar to how you do it for the keypress.

I can make a pull request later too if that's easier.

Fontaine's FOV Fix v1.6.1 for SPT AKI 3.5.8 - HOTFIX

Fixes:

• Fixed Recoil Overhaul compatibility bridge not working.
    • Fixed barrels and suppressors being clipped strangely at FOV lower than 70. As part of the fix, some sights like the Elcans, Valday and Vudu have to default to their highest magnification line in unmodded EFT instead of 1x(thanks BSG very cool).
    • Fixed scope FOV not being set if variable zoom is disabled (why though).

• Should be fixed now, let me know if you run into issues

• Should be fixed now, let me know if you run into issues

Fontaine's FOV Fix v1.6.2 for SPT AKI 3.5.8 - HOTFIX

Fixes:

• Fixed scroll wheel option mysteriously disappearing.

Chanes:

• Hooked up the variable zoom value to the game's UI, every time you change zoom the current zoom will be displayer in the bottom left.
    • Magnification steps config option now affects scrollwheel too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!