MOAR - Ultra lite spawn mod

• DewardianDev added a new file:

• dushaoan added a new version:

NEW minor version release 1.1.0

This was a large rewrite!

Do not use your old config!!

New config.json instead of config.js.

Many bugs were fixed, hopefully less introduced!

Bosses/Boss spawning/Boss Locations should now work correctly!!

(A major bug around incorrect zones was fixed).

New configuration options:

"scavDifficulty": 0.3,

"pmcDifficulty": 0.3,

"defaultScavStartWaveRatio": 0.5,

"defaultScavWaveMultiplier": 0.7,

"defaultPmcStartWaveRatio": 0.9,

"defaultPmcWaveMultiplier": 0.5,

New difficulty wave settings, I'd recommend to try the defaults above before tweaking!!

Internal values are high, so I will tune this from feedback.

"additionalScavsPerWave" has been removed for now!

This was causing dead areas on the map, and preventing pmc and other slots from being filled in my testing, to balance this I have given all waves a small chance to have higher numbers.

I need testing around balance here.

PMCS will likely be in groups now, it's now random from 1 - 4 when they spawn.

Usec/Bear balanced spawning

PMCS now spawn by default mostly at the beginning of the raid

"defaultPmcStartWaveRatio": 0.9,

FEEDBACK NEEDED FOR BALANCE!

Cheers all for your feedback thus far!

• So I don't clutter up the mod comment area, what does pmcCount mean in the map settings config? For Factory as an example, the max bot cap is set to 1, but pmc count is 6. Does this mean that only one bot will be spawning per wave, and then the PMC # is capped at 6 total? Or does maxBotCap mean the max alive at once for a map.

• JSON
          "scavWaveMultiplier": 1,
          "scavWaveStartRatio": 0.5,
          "scavWaveCount": 7,
          "pmcWaveStartRatio": 0.9,
          "pmcWaveMultiplier": 1,
          "pmcCount": 4,

Wait is pmcCount supposed to be pmcWaveCount? Maybe thats what is tripping me up, I was thinking it was the # of PMCs. (Thanks for the new update!)

Bug fix:

• Fixes an issue with setting mapSettings - BossChance on some maps, all maps now working as expected.
      Kudos to @
      TheWreck for identifying this!
  • Since downloading version 1.1.4 I've completely stopped seeing bosses. I decided to set reshala's spawn chance to 99 and ran a few raids to see if I could find him in his spawns but he never appeared (bossOpenZones is set to false). If the value is indeed working I suspect the spawns are probably being eaten up by other spawns? I've attached my config settings as a text file if you'd like to take a look.

config.txt

• Since downloading version 1.1.4 I've completely stopped seeing bosses. I decided to set reshala's spawn chance to 99 and ran a few raids to see if I could find him in his spawns but he never appeared (bossOpenZones is set to false). If the value is indeed working I suspect the spawns are probably being eaten up by other spawns? I've attached my config settings as a text file if you'd like to take a look.

config.txt

I'm investigating now. I think something with a recent update either my mod or maybe others (SVM) has stopped sniper spawning from working as well.

Ill look into bosses too.

config.txt

I had the same problem as you, and I fixed it by deleting the folloing line from the config file;

"bossInvasionSpawnOverride": 5,

After removing that line the bosses spawn as set in there.

I hope this info help dushaoan in his search for the culprit;) Nice mod btw:)

• Yup, that was the cause.

I've fixing that variables logic now. It was applying whether or not bossInvasion was turned on.
    That will be fixed in the latest patch.

Right now I'm trying to figure out why I don't have any snipers.

Yeah, just tired it and it worked like a charm. I was even trying to use SVM's "bot" section to set spawn chances and then simply overriding all other values by loading MOAR afterwards and it still wasn't working before this fix. Now it works perfectly and I have again disabled SVM's bot settings so I know that nothing else is touching bot spawns.

As for the sniper scavs, I've also noticed their spawns being affected. When I was using version 1.1.2 the snipers would spawn immediately with their buddies (as I intended) - but now on 1.1.4 I'll only find them in certain spawns points late raid and they're usually already dead, despite using the same settings as I was on 1.1.2 (no zone delay, sniper buddies).

I've tried out many spawn wave mods but this one has been the best one to use for me, so I'm glad these issues are being worked through quickly ^^

• Thanks for the well written response, I went back and looked at the difference between 1.1.2 and now and the code is largely that same with a few exceptions that wouldn't appear to make any kind of difference..

YET, I reverted the section of code surrounding snipers back to 1.1.2 and voila, they have returned.

... I'm learning more now, but the only thing I can think is that I was touching the difficulty settings of marksman?

If I set difficulties other than vanilla it appears it borks their spawns?
    I'm quite confused there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!